It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Endometriosis

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Endometriosis

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Does anyone else on here suffer from this illness? If so what do you do to help alleviate the aches and pains??
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby yummymummy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:31 pm

I dont have it but ladies we see at work with it tend to try hormone therapy like the pill to control the heavy bleeding and NSAIDs like nurofen, and heaps of others but I cant remember the name to help with the pain, really severe cases can end with them having hysterectomys.
Its meant to be awfull to deal with very painful and very heavy bleeding :cry:
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby grugwashere » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:52 pm

I have it, i went on the pill for it and it made it worse and now i have an implanon as contraceptive and i find that also makes it unbearble.. so what i do most times is just sit doubled over in agony and wait for the pain to subside... so im probably npot much help to you...
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 pm

i bet you mandie can help!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:06 pm

well.. its a difficult issue.. different things work for different people. i suggest you see your doctor or gynaecologist about it?

as was mentioned here, going on the contraceptive pill (theres a few different types) can help alleviate some of the heavy bleeding and pain associated

antiinflammatories, like was suggested above (NSAIDS) like ibuprofen can also be really useful. have you tried nurofen plus? its ibuprofen + codeine and its a strong painkiller, you can buy it over the counter in any pharmacy. your gp could prescrible stronger pain killers if need be

other options include more surgical type procedures... you can have a keyhole surgical procedure (laparoscopy) that can give relief for a number of years. hysterectomy is an extreme, but unfortunately for many women this is the only option.

hope i helped a little! its a terrible condition, i hope you find some relief!
Mandie

Return to Just Chatting