It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

censored PFA Mums.

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

censored PFA Mums.

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:08 pm

GGGGRRRR Sorry folks, I'm back in the cranky corner.. I have discovered that the Parents Association President at my son's primary school clearly thinks very little of me and IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! Each month we get together and often someone brings in a supper type snack to share - so tonight I took in some sugarless banana muffins (very yummy) - only to cop "Gee, you do my head in - what a waste of time." She's constantly on me with these little comments, and I just don't know how to respond. Didn't everyone learn as a child that if you can't say anything nice - shut your MOUTH!!!!!

So now I'm home from the meeting feeling bloody miserable, and all I wanted to do was help out. :cry: I guess that's the end of PFA for me. I know it's totally off the whole weightloss subject, but I needed to vent and you guys have become my sounding board.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Justjudy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Dee the woman obviously has very poor social skills. I often find the best thing to do is smile nicely and say "thankyou" and they have no idea what to do with that and just shut-up. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:22 pm

what an awful woman!

did everyone else like your muffins?

i think you should still go, screw her! im sorry it made you feel miserable :( *hugs*
Mandie

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Thanks guys,

I feel like a bit of a sook really, 'cos she's really gotten me down. I'm quite loud by nature and I knwo that that rubs people the wrong way sometimes, but I really do mean well. Unfortunately like all PFA's they seem very "clicky" and I don't seem to fit in. I don't know why it's bothered me so much. Stupid really - you'd think we were students at the damned school, it's so petty.

No-one said anything Mandie - but they were all gone by the time we left - LOL.

Okay - off to bed - everything always seems better in the light of the next day, right?

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Usually when people behave like that I presume that they are jealous for some reason -- they see in you something they don't see in themselves and they hate themselves for that and you're like a constant reminder of that quality they desire but don't have.

So, if anything, pity her. Don't let her get you down! :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:44 am

how bloody rude is that! i wouldnt have turned my nose up at that! as judy said, she has poor social skills. its a shame that there are women out there who want to take part in their childs schooling and yet women like that stuck up snob make it hell for everyone. she is a bully. just tell her to shut her pie hole next time.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 am

Thanks guys.

Feeling much better about the whole thing today. I've decided that being that her kids are Grades 5 and 6 I'm gonna give PFA a miss until she's gone. Rather not put myself in that situation, rally.

I'm still doing school reading, and th school banking, so I'll just stay away from psycho cows on a power trip for a while - better for everyone involved I think. Just frustrates me, because there are only 6 women on the PFA, (out of a school of almost 400 kids) and they actually DO very little - they like to censored about the staff and all the things that aren't getting done, but when it comes to the crunch they're all pretty lazy. I can do without that negative influence in my life right now, that's for sure. Their loss.

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 am

err so its one of THOSE ypes of groups where its all talk and no action! when i was working at preschool i join the fundraising comittee and it was like that too. gave me the S$%^&

you do whats best for you dee! if i was there i wouldve stuck up for you. at least you are still involving yourself in the school.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:23 pm

Dee wrote:I can do without that negative influence in my life right now, that's for sure. Their loss.

hear hear!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Agh!! school mums Ive met all sorts in my time, the ones that are on the parents association at school are all a bit up them selves I dropped out of the group because i didnt feel welcome and it was turning into such a headache to go...
Your president sounds rude I say approach her without other mums around and ask her if you have done anything to offend her often when you bring up their behaviour to their face they get all bashful and sweet because they feel guilty as hell and she might leave you alone - bullys tend to be the ones with self confidence issues, and she sounds like a right bully
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:17 pm

Would love to have the opportunity to talk to her alone, but she just drops the kids off and leaves, never even gets out of the car. Then she just drives through to pick them up. Ironic really that she hardly spends any time at the school but thinks she runs the place.

Nah, not gonna dwell on it, I'm better than that and I don't want to put myself somewhere that makes me feel as bad as I did last night. (Reckon I may have been a little hormonal laste night.)

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby talia11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:10 pm

what a porkchop...... idiots like that with small minds annoy the crap out of me..... in the long run to ignore is the sensible thing to do, but i would give me a peice of my mind......
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:11 am

Horrible woman!! This is the reason that P&C's can't get people to go....with an attitude like that it is no wonder there is only a small group of people! I find it really sad as it gives P&C's a bad name...I was treasurer on the p&c for the time I was at the last school and we were a great bunch of people!!

I am sorry to hear that this woman is such an idiot Dee and she should really think twice about opening her mouth...I think you are right to avoid the situation as it certainly doesn't sound like a very productive group at all!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting