It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Venting Page

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Venting Page

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:06 pm

*if you are feeling blue and cranky come here and vent!!!- then head off to the cranky corner!*

well today mick had the day off work as part of his annual leave. we went a did our grocery shopping at the local westfield shopping centre. we were in the carpark and we came to a zebra crossing. a derro looking women, a teenage girl (assume its her daughter) and a 3 or 4 year old boy were walking up to the crossing.

we stopped (as you do) and waited.... and waited... the little boys thong then came off so we waited and waited as they stood on the foot path on the edge of the crossing. after about 15 seconds the mother gestured to us to keep going, so mick proceeded to drive towards the crossing when the little boy ran out in front of the car.

well mick wound his window and a hurled some abusive words at the woman (god she was a feral) and then the woman and teenage daughter started hurling swear words back. then mick said to me that if we saw them in the shopping centre he was going to go off at her. luckily we didnt know cos i know what he wouldve said.

but seriously, whats the go with not holding your childs hand to cross the road to begin with? the mother started beating the child on the side of the crossing when they had grabbed him again. sure the kid did the wrong thing but it makes you think about the parenting skills. and why should be have been abused when she told us to keep going because they werent crossing the road they were waiting for the son to put his thong on. man im cranky.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:05 pm

I totally agree with you Kate. I always hold on to my children's hands when we cross - and they are 10 and 9. It is amazing the sights that you do see around the shopping centres like the day (would have been 40 degrees over here) that I went during my lunch break to do some shopping and I saw a woman and her small children (would have been around the 4 or 5 year old mark) walking on the HOT footpath with no shoes on. The mum had on thongs but the little kids had nothing on their feet. I stopped and took off my shoe to see how hot the ground was and believe me I couldn't walk on it as it was that hot. I walked past them inside the shops and I said to them "Ohh your little feet must be sooo hot" in a really nice manner - the mother started hurling abuse at me ... just out of the blue. Not wanting to get my head punched in, I just walked off saying that it was a very hot day for children to have no shoes on.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:30 pm

It's 36 degrees in Melbourne today and hot and muggy. A serious accident in the Burnley Tunnel (part of a major freeway connecting lots of bits of Melbourne) closed it in both directions and as a result, chaos on the road ensued.

Today I was supposed to be part of the support crew for my Oxfam Trailwalker team who are doing the walk today (poor luvs, in this heat and all!) but of course, it took me 2.5 hours to get there (instead of about 45 minutes) and I just missed them by about 10 minutes. Grrr. Fortunately another friend who lived close by was also supporting them so could make their sammiches for lunch.

Did I mention that my air-con broke? And according to the thermometer in my car, it was 50 degrees as I sat baking in traffic. Fortunately I packed a roll for lunch and LOTS of water. It took me 2 hours to get home and there were some serious eeejits on the road, cutting you off to get one space ahead when there was no need. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh I am so happy to have a vent page.

Then I just got home and one of my neighbours is threatening to have my husband's car towed away because it has been out the front of his house for the past two three weeks cos he's overseas. So I practically screamed at him "IT'S A PUBLIC STREET. THAT'S NOT YOUR PROPERTY"... any other day I would've thrown the keys at him and said "Sorry buddy, here's the keys, park it wherever you want!"

GRRR!

And I have an essay due tomorrow which I've hardly started but I didn't expect to give up all of the day sitting in my freakin' hot car!!!

Ahhh... feel better now.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Cool a vent page!! Thanks Kate...I was thinking along the same lines, but didn't want to appear like an angry anna!! LOL so you saved me the trouble!!! LOL :P :P :P :P :P

I had my child run across the road on me once....my firstborn and I have to admit I smacked her bum for her....I didn't beat her within an inch of her life I just gave her one smack and said no....she was 2 1/2 at the time....it scared me so much as it happened so quickly...I let go of her hand to get something out of my shoe....a car came flying around the corner just as she made it to the other side...we felt very blessed that it wasn't sooner or he would have cleaned her up....I have never forgotten the feeling of that day and still walk with them across the road hand in hand......I would never have been able to forgive myself if anything had have happened to her.....

That women was just really irresponsible Kate....some people should never have been given the ability to have children and she sure sounds like one of 'em :evil:

Hey Milkyway...I heard about it on the radio news....they said 3 people died and it was a really bad accident....my thoughts are with their families.......some people are real idiots on the road and unfortunately they are worse in these kind of situations....glad that you made it home in one piece!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 pm

Ally wrote:Hey Milkyway...I heard about it on the radio news....they said 3 people died and it was a really bad accident....my thoughts are with their families.......some people are real idiots on the road and unfortunately they are worse in these kind of situations....glad that you made it home in one piece!!

Yeah, as annoyed as I was all day, I couldn't ignore the fact that lots more people were having a more seriously effed up day than what I was, that's for sure. My inconvenience is minor compared to the loved ones of those killed and injured :(

PS I went and apologised to my neighbour and offered to move the car. But they don't care, were just worried that it was stolen and dumped cos it hasn't moved for so long.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Glad you fixed things up with your neighbours too mate...there is nothing worse than not getting on with your neighbours...they can make life quite difficult if they want to!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:05 pm

hey ally i can understand that. at 2.5 years old too they do what they want half the time because they dont know about danger! but the way this woman abused us when we were doing the right thing and she was the one who gestured us to go. mick of cos isnt a hoon and didnt even have his foot off the clutch. it makes me so cranky
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Hey come on it to the cranky corner Kate - I don't think we've seen you here before! :P

Actually I was just leaving - unfortunately I'm in a wonderful mood... but feel free to sit on the comfy chair I dragged in - the kettle's to your right and there are really divine completely FAT FREE chocolates in the fridge.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:04 pm

LOL thanks dee. i think i was one of the originals that was sent here by ally haha. i just come and go as i please- or when im ordered by ally :P

jeez those fat free choccies sound good!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 pm

Yeah all the calories have been removed by these well muscled hotties who pop in to help cheer us up from time to time. hehehe

Really hard to stay cranky in this cranky corner, but I try.

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 pm

I've been constantly in the cranky corner lately due to work!

My vent tonight is about work, surprise surprise :P

So I had a massage at work tonight, a new client who I didn't know (she wasn't a PT client or anything). She came in for a nice relaxing massage, she was a lovely lady so I really put everything into it to make it as relaxing as possible for her!

The only problem was (and what is ALWAYS the prob when I'm massaging) - the music was CRANKED in the gym area so you could hear it in the massage room, you could hear people jogging on the treadmill, stepping up on the steps, talking, laughing, clanking weights about... The poor woman was like "I can't concentrate on anything but the banging of the music!". She wasn't being nasty about it at all, I felt sooo sorry for her!!!
She still managed to fall asleep tho :D And she said it was a fantastic massage and she's going to come see me at home (where it's QUIET!!!)

I've spoken to my bosses about getting some soundproofing done, but they can't afford it. It's just ridiculous! I can't concentrate on GIVING the massage either which isn't good!

So that's my vent for tonight! :P Ta for listening :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:11 am

Yeah Kate I understand completely about the abuse hurled!! some people are just well....you know what I mean....it annoys me that docs never seem to find these kind of people out....just the ones who are trying to discipline their children to grow up and be decent human beings in society!! GRRRR :evil: great back there again....move over....oh and Kate....cranky corner....off you go!! (Dee the cranky corner was originally created for Kate!!! LOL cranky little munchkin that she is1!)
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dee » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:48 am

LOL - sorry Kate - didn't mean to out cranky you hehehehe!

I live quite near Frankston - so we encounter people like that ALL the time Kate. There's this one woman who is constantly hurling abuse at her boyfriend, or whatever he is - swearing so that a sailor would blush! It's disgusting, the words those kids are being exposed to, and the violent anger - just makes me ill.

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby Ally » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:07 am

hehehe Dee you didn't outcranky her at all!! LOL :P I am sure we are all going to end up in there much more often!!! :lol:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:11 am

Some people do not deserve to be parents in this world, the poor little boy if that is what she did in public then imagine what she could do behind doors that is so wrong
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting