It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

Wardrobe

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Wardrobe

Postby Yorudan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:12 pm

I am getting closer to my goal weight and am finding the costant purchasing of clothes costly. My goal weight of 54 kilograms would mean another dress size. well nearley another wardrobe.

What do you all do purchase cheap clothes and wait until you hit your goal weight?

For gym clothes i tend to buy pants with tyes.

I'm just curious how do you all cope.
Before: 80
Week 1: 58
Week 2:56.6
Goal:54 by 1 May 2007
Yorudan

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Savers!

Seriously. And the Brotherhood of St Laurence op shop etc.

My current clothing range doesn't fit well (too big, too frumpy), my old clothing is still too small (and probably out of style by the time I drag it out...) so to help me out through the transition period, I get down to Savers and buy things like good quality work pants and the occassional shirt or top.

I can't wait until I hit my goal weight and I can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe... that's one helluva reward and something inspiring to aim for.

I just can't justify spending $70-$100 for a nice pair of slacks for the office days that will only last me a month when I can get the same/similar pants for $5 :P ... you just can't beat the Cost Per Wear shopping at op shops!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:31 pm

PS If I am desperate for gym clothes, I will go to Rebel when they have a sale, or Target or KMart for trackie dacks etc and keep it under about $20.

I just can't bear the thought of buying someone else's sweaty stuff from the second hand stores... I know people sweated in the other stuff, but that's different, orright? :P
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby corolla_chick » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:27 pm

i keep an eye out in shops like target and kmart for really cheap marked down items. the other week i got a pair or shoes, a skirt and a pair of swimming shorts, all for $8.50!! they often have good bargins and if i am in there, i just have a quick look :)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm in the same boat as you mate! I have 1 pair of jeans that I've just bought which actually fit, all my other pants are tents on me. Gym clothes I usually go to Harbourtown (factory outlet shopping) and go to the Converse store where you can get some great deals! I always look out for reduced things. I've been op shopping but all I found was a woollen jacket and a zip-up jacket. I'm just trying to ride it out :(
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:57 pm

i remember mentioning the same thing as my clothes started to get very loose. kim mentioned to me to go to the op shops and belts! they came in handy!!! even now i have a lot of big clothes i have to wear because i dont have a lot of clothes in my size now. but i try to disguise it with the layered look! and belts and someone also mentioned to me that if i knew someone who was handy with a swewing machine that they could make alterations for me.
kate_turner2000

Postby 13words » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:53 pm

EBAY!! I have been buying clothes in a size 16, 14 and 12 on there really cheap! Most have been brand new with tags, and it doesn't cost much compared to the shops. It's easy for me to just spend my loose change on a pair of jeans or such on there, and then when the weight comes off (my goal is a size 12) I'll have a new wardrobe and I won't feel the effects of money contraints! I got two pairs of brand new Billabong jeans on there (size 16 - nearly what size I am now) both of them for less than $45 each, and they're the in season ones with big flares and paint splodges and such. I also got an amazing billabong jumper for only $12 which the lady only wore once, and then she fell pregnant, so the jumper no longer fitted her :)
SW: 126.4
CW: 103s
1st GW: 99.9
13words

Postby Puffer » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Wow 13words... nearly a billabong size 16 at 98kg? You are so lucky I swear I am cursed with the worst body shape/type ever... I was a billabong size 16 at 75kg and at 70 I am a billabong 14 :cry:
Puffer

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:07 am

At the moment I live in port macquarie I hate shopping here because there is no shops here there is but there isn't it has your BigW & target, surf shops & either your young size 6-8 shops your older age clothing because alot of the population is old age people there is not alot to choose from so I generally save my money & go to the factory outlets in sydney when I visit family
Chelle

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:05 am

Ever since I gained weight I refused to spend alot on my clothes, I suppose its my way of punishing myself.. and I also keep telling myself I will lose weight and it would be a waste.

So I pretty much buy everything I wear from Target. Usually when they have a sale.

I can't wait to get back into my skinny expensive clothes from: Myer, Portman, Cue etc...
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:33 pm

I started out at a size 24 - 26 and now am hovering around the 18 mark. So as you can imagine my old clothes are waaaay too big. :)

I use the local op shops and have found some really good bargains. :D I found a fabulous chocolate skirt that I had admired last season in a shop, and couldn't fit in/afford, and I now fit in it and it only cost me $3(it was about 40 the season before). I also went to my birthday celebrations on Friday night wearing a lovely dress that I only paid $4 for, and actually had people comment on how nice I looked. The trick is, to check that the clothes are decent brands, and to thoroughly check the garment for any wear, stains or bits coming undone or off.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Donk » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:28 pm

I actually didn't buy any new clothes until I knew I could buy ones that I would fit into comfortable at my goal weight. Admittedly when I reached the 90kg mark I felt like I was wearing a tent. My belt was on its last notch, my jeans were waay too loose, my work shirts were so baggy, when I finally bought new clothes I started receiving comments on how good I looked. I don't think anyone noticed I had lost weight until I purchased the new clothing.
Donk

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:38 pm

You would be surprised what you can pick up at an op shop!! Judy has given some excellent advice on what to look out for!! Some people only wear things 1-2 times before they "have" to go and buy something new....I love these kind of people as it means more bargains at the op shop counter!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:09 pm

electrongirl wrote:Ever since I gained weight I refused to spend alot on my clothes, I suppose its my way of punishing myself.. and I also keep telling myself I will lose weight and it would be a waste.

But you have the most beautiful shoe collection :P

*still envious*
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:56 pm

milkyway wrote:
electrongirl wrote:Ever since I gained weight I refused to spend alot on my clothes, I suppose its my way of punishing myself.. and I also keep telling myself I will lose weight and it would be a waste.

But you have the most beautiful shoe collection :P

*still envious*

Oh yes!! Shoes always fit!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Just Chatting