It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

On the move!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

On the move!!!

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:49 am

Finally the contracts were handed over on friday, as it was ment to be done on wednesday & I have sold my house the sold sticker was put on the sign today. So it makes it even more real but it has't sunk in yet. What a hassel thought to find a rental property in Newcastle, as you can not make a time to view a house that you come across you have to go to an open house which is stupid for a rental property. Which is hard for me as I live 2 to 2 1/2 houre away & they do not make any exception. I tried to see over 20 houses but had no succes to view any of them so we were getting a little bit worried as warren has to start his new job just after easter if we were going to find a house. We had to go down on friday to meet warrens new employer I droped him off there while I was talking to real estate agents to see if anyone would be so kind if I can view or set up to view some houses but didnt have any luck. So we dicided to look a little bit inland & finally found a real estate that be nice enough in Thornton. The first restate we went to were really nasty to my children so I didn't like them at all but the second real estate we went to we pulled up warren said I know that car, the property manager eneded up being the person that owned the car, warren goes on a mazda forum on the internet & the chick who own's the car warren talk's to her on there. She was really nice to we told here our situation. we live in port macquaire, just sold our house, we need to move down in roughly 2 weeks. To here the words I have a house for you, we said when can we view it, she said I can take you there right now, what a relif finally a real estate that would let me view a house. At that stage I didn't care what it looked I was just happy to find somthing. It ended up being a really nice place, the shopping centre, child care centre, public school is in the same street. We put an application in & we move in just before easter. So it is all happening. Now after I move & settle in the only hard thing is making new friends as I don't know a single person down here!!!!
Chelle

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:37 am

Phew! What a weight off your shoulders Chelle!! That is great news! I am glad that everything has come together for you. Happy packing/moving/unpacking!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 am

hey chelle its ridiculous isnt it! my in laws live in newcastle and when they went to find a rental they had to compete with over 30 couples at each inspection. because the rentals are hard to come across and are quite pricey, the applicants are putting in an application for all the rentals they come across because they know how hard it is to find one. some even hired agents to go and inspect these properties at the open houses for them! because they dont have time or cant be at two open houses at the one time. my in laws recently brought a new home on the otherside of newcastle and because their lease isnt up they have had to advetise for someone to take over their lease. again they were inundated with people looking through the house on the open house day and had many applications the first day of the open house they didnt need to have another one.

hopefully everything goes smoothly for you now. i am about 30 minutes from newcastle so we are close enough to enjoy the place and visit the in laws without the actual cost of renting or the hassle.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:12 pm

YAY!!! Who cares about all those jerks who wouldn't show you houses that you didn't need anyway - you have a new place and it's great. Love how thigns work out like that. Enjoy.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:40 pm

What a weight off your shoulders Chelle. I am so glad that you found not only a house, but a good real estate - sometimes that is half the battle.

Good luck with the packing and the move. I am sure that you will be settled in and being a social butterfly in no time at all.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Hey Chelle -- that must have been such a stressful period. But glad to hear of your house hunting success. All the best with the move :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 pm

It is so stressful especially, when you know that I have to be out of my house in 4 weeks but lucky I found a rental house otherwise we would of been moving to a different location. I didn't want to buy another house straight away incase I didn't like the area. But everything work out in the end.

I was talking to a friend of mine today & one of their friends moved down there & it took them 9 weeks to find a rental property down at newy so I think that luck was on my side!!!
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting