It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Free Newsletter

"healthy" noodle bars

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

"healthy" noodle bars

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:40 am

Scott and I had takeaway for dinner last night and he wanted to try the Thai noodle bar as they get on the radio and boast that they are really healthy.....well fiddlesticks they are.....now my understanding with noodle bars (we went to a different one a few months ago) is that the dishes are served with noodles...so we didn't bother to get any "extras" like rice or noodles...we got home to discover this greasy mass of sweet and sour pork soup!! No noodles and there was that much sauce in it, it was gross!! you could taste the fat in the sauce and it sure left a lot to be desired! We ate the veges (some of them had that 'rotten' taste to them and Scott said his pork was a bit suspicious so he left his...at least it wasn't battered pork, which was one thing, but the fat in the sauce made up for it...we drained it down the sink and you should have seen the coating it left of the side of the bowl.....eeuuwwww it was disgusting!!! So it certainly wasn't healthy and it sure didn't taste nice! :roll: ....maybe I should have put this in the rant section! :? .....move over Krazy Kate...I told you I would be there soon!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 pm

ewww yuck!! i dont like asian food but some of those noodle places look good but i aint willing to try them now!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:13 pm

That SUCKS. I have a great noodle bar down the road from me who do the most divine terriyaki noodles. They cut the sauce in half for me - I don't like the overwhelming flavour anyway and they are so delicious. My absolute fave takeout food. They do have a little too much oil in them ,but are still well and truly preferable to fish and chips or pizza. I have to avoid eating too much tho, 'cos the serving sizes are enough for two generous meals.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Return to Just Chatting