It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Pregnancy after vasectomy...... (I know, very personal....!)

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Pregnancy after vasectomy...... (I know, very personal....!)

Postby talia11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:06 pm

So I have been married for 6 months (yesterday!!) and my husband had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. We have booked in for him to have a reversal on June 14 and are very excited about this as we didn't think we would be able to afford it for ages (wedding, just bought a house and a pure bred Labrador!!) but my mum is paying for it for us (cost around $6500). SO I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a reversal? I am in fine breeding health and my husband is still actively producing his boys (!)....... I am hoping I have lost most of my weight before it happens so I am in optimum condition!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:12 pm

Good luck with it Talia. I had a friend many years ago who's husband had a reversal that was successful, and they ended up having 2 beautiful children without any hiccups at all. Make sure that you do the research beforehand to know what to expect and then follow the doctors advice to the letter, and (fingers crossed) you will hearing the pitter patter of little feet before you know it.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby talia11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks Judy... we have definitely done our research.... we have it all down pat!!!! Looking forward to the year ahead...!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:42 pm

Good luck with everything talia I hope it all goes to plan. Having children is a wonderful thing good luck fingers cross
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:20 pm

wow carmen thats wonderful that you are going to try for a family :)

my dad had a vasectomy and 7 years later i was conceived. the dr accused my mum of having an affair and they got my dad tested and it turned out it didnt work (the vasectomy)

my ex brother in law has had 3 kids since his vasectomy- obviously didnt work

not sure about the reversal as i havent heard of anyone i know having it done, but it sounds pricey! but it will all be worth it in the end.
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 pm

Kate, when my (soon to be ex) husband had his vasectomy, the doctor said that he should be tested every now and again (I can't remember exactly how far apart), because new paths can be made - or something to that effect.
We are all very lucky that your Dad's didn't work, because we wouldn't have you if it did.

[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:01 pm

hehe yeah i dont know what happened there judy. that was about 28 years ago so i dont know how advanced those procedures were back then. just the hide of the dr to accuse my mum of having an affair and then when my dad had cancer he went to see him and the dr told my dad he had hepatitis because his skin was yellow- turned out my dad had cancer. lucky we arent the type of family to sue!!

yeah my brother always picks on me jokingly and says i was a mistake but mum says that i was the best mistake that ever happened and that she had the choice to terminate and she didnt- she kept me :) needless to say im the youngest and the most spoilt ;) hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:14 pm

My youngest wasn't meant to be here, but I reckon that everybody is sent with a purpose, and he was meant to be here. Needless to say he is the youngest child/grandchild and is probably the most spoilt. Just ask Lolly - she is one of the biggest spoilers.

[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:26 pm

Hey Talia all the best darl....I hope it all works out well for you both!!

OH crap all this talk about vasectomies are making me nervous!! I was quite happily being a little mushroom in the dark until I read this!! Scott has his done after the twins were born.....and so far so good for us....don't get me wrong we wouldn't mind if we had another few kids....but sheesh I thought we were home free...s'cuse me while I go and chew my finger nails!! :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:16 pm

lol . ally maybe its time to break out the condoms?
Mandie

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:31 am

Oh good luck Carmen, hope everything works out for you.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Green_Butterfly » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:07 pm

best of luck, how exciting for you :D it will be the best when you do fall pregnant..... and I am sure you will have fun trying!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby garn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 pm

YEAH,.... a great big thanks from me too....my hubby just had one and is going for his 'swimmers' check on thursday so we can ahem....well...yknow..... finally..... :oops:

so now...whenever...i will have the thought hanging over my head...sigh....i guess if its meant to be ackk.....

Good luck with the reversal...and remember...it's also about holding your tongue in the right position...and standing on your head....gravity.....yknow...

hmm...i seem to have gone a bit nuts..... lol....whoops...

anita :)

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 pm

My sisters little girl was born 6 years after her hubby had the big V! Now my hubby wont get it done.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Kindred-Katt » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Congrats and best of luck with it all Talia/Carmen (?).
My 'hubby' (we are not married per se, but defacto, and it's just easier to say hubby coz he basically is,) had a vasectomy over 10 years ago too.

I knew that he had been 'fixed' when I met him but that didn't change the way I felt. We want to have kids together eventually but since finding out that I have PCOS and a septate uterus it seems that we would be better putting our money into IVF instead of a reversal.

Good luck with shedding the weight you want and I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your husband. :)
When I am thin, fat will be in!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBsOI5W/]
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Next

Return to Just Chatting