It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Ebay Advice

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Ebay Advice

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:13 pm

hey guys just after some advice.i sometimes buy things on ebay but rarely sell things on there- im too lazy lol. but i recently sold a bundle of heidis old clothes on ebay a few weeks ago and the ladies payment still has not gone into my account. she swears its showing on her end that the payment with through with her bank but its hasnt my end. she said she has made the payment again to see if it works this time and it still hasnt gone in. i dont want to send the clothes until the payment is cleared my end. i rang my bank yesterday afternoon and they said that there has definately not been a problem this end and that no payment has been made into the account and i told the woman this and that she would ahve to do a trace of her money to see where it ended up. (this will cost her a fee to do a trace). she has thanked me for being patient. and i do believe that she has made the payment but there has been a problem somewhere on the way. i checked all the details i gave her for my account and its all correct. i sent her a message today and just said that i am not sure what to do and she is welcome to send a money order and that if the money does show up in my account ill transfer it back (im not a thief and dont believe in stealing from people). im not sure what to do thats all. anyone have any ideas? i dont want her to think that ive got the payment and im just not sending her the items because i havent got the payment at all. she is a teacher for a aboriginal school and has brought bundles of girls clothes from ebay at the same time as the bundle she brought from me and the feedback has been good.

what if she refuses to send a money order or something? what should i do?
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Oh what a pain, Ive got no good advice really cause Ive not had much to do with Ebay, maybe a money order is the best thing to do or resend your bank details incase they were incorrect??
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby electrongirl » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:49 pm

I have sold heaps of stuff on ebay and have had this happen before. Its usually when they have put the details in wrong.

I never send anything without payment.

I would just wait until she either sends a money order or if the money finally comes through.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm

thanks girls... yeah ill see what she says if she doesnt want to send it via money order then i will see if she wants to put it in another account instead and see if that works for her.

like i said if her payments come through id give the money back, im not that slack. but i dont think i should have to send the items just because i THINK she has paid it. that the risk with ebay i guess.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Kate, I used to sell heaps of stuff on ebay - stopped about 2 years ago because the fees were horrendous for what I was making.

Anyhoooo if people had problems with banking not going through, I would suggest they send a money order or a cheque - wait until the cheque has cleared before sending though.

Also, I would suggest to the customer that they copy and paste the details from ebay to their bank so that there is no chance of them making an error in the bank details.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:20 pm

hey lolly

yeah you think it would perfect sense to some people to copy and paste- i know i do as a buyer. dont know if the lady did it or not in this case. ive offered the lady the opportunity to send a money order and i havent heard back from her yet. its pretty frustrating.

i know i wont be selling anything on ebay anymore - too much stuffing around and then having to pay ebay is a pain as well.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm

I only ever pay with PPal when I do my transactions as there is never a problem and it is done direct. Best of luck with you prob Kate, and having said that about PPal and having no problems - I am still waiting on an item that i bought awhile back and that I paid for via PPal - the lady claims that it was sent but I haven't received it yet.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:48 pm

well speaking of this topic i checked my account and it was in there this morning so i think the second time she sent it it must have gone through. so her parcel was sent today. ive used PPal before too but didnt know they would charge me for it!! in the end i ended up paying for someones postage out of my own money.
kate_turner2000

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:57 pm

If you let the money add up to 100 then you dont need to pay any paypal fees, kate. Thats what I'm led to believe I havn't actually done it though. (because I dont sell things on ebay)

The person you sold those clothes too, did her bank account say she paid for it? because if it did the money could have gone to some other bank account and she'd be losing some money.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:36 pm

ah ok i didnt know about the $100 thing. will keep that in mind thanks tom.

i dont know havent heard from the woman since she said she was putting the money thru a second time. apparently she can do a trace of her money to see where it did end up (because apparently it DID show her end that the money had come out) but it will cost her roughly $40 to do a trace. the second time she put the money thru it went in so i think she has put money into someone elses account or something. i guess thats just the risk she has to take with purchases on ebay.

as i said though i dont think ill ever sell anything on there again.
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting