It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh no how embarrasing

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Oh no how embarrasing

Postby yummymummy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:47 pm

:( I spent 1/2 the night as a patient!! I had some huge reaction to antibiotics I was giving to patients, and I began to swell up and itch and burn like mad, it became a bit of a panic when my mouth and throat began to swell aswell so I ended up in emergency in the hospital I was working in where they had to ship me out to another hospital via ambulance, Its bizare being a patient I much prefer being the nurse thats for sure!!
Im home now and my face is still swollen and Im feeling like shite because of the tablets they have given me but hubby has popped to the shops to buy some eggs for the kids tomorrow so I have to stay awake till he gets home
:? Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:02 pm

oh my god jody thats so bizarre. i hope you feel better and i hope hubby takes good care of you. i am sure you handled yourself well at the hospitals as a patient because you are used to the environment but it wouldve sucked looking blown up like violet beauregarde!

keep in touch with how you are going ok
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:03 pm

p.s. i dont envy hubby going shopping- we had to go this morning to get mick a home brew kit and the shops we so packed. we had to go the long way home because all the roads around the shopping centre were blocked with cars at a stand stil waiting to get into the car parks!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:05 pm

That's just freaky. Did you get that allergic reaction just from handling the medication? :shock:

It sounds like it could've been a lot worse with your airways becoming obstructed due to the swelling. How scary! At least you didn't have to call in sick and have no one believe you ;)

I hope you feel better really quickly.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:17 pm

oh no! that's crazy! what kind of antibiotics were they? maybe you iwll have to avoid those or wear gloves or something in the future??
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:22 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:p.s. i dont envy hubby going shopping- we had to go this morning to get mick a home brew kit and the shops we so packed. we had to go the long way home because all the roads around the shopping centre were blocked with cars at a stand stil waiting to get into the car parks!

Isn't just bizarre how busy the shops are after just one day of closing? It's like everyone goes into panic mode. When I was a teenager, I used to work at Coles/KMart (when it was 'Super KMart' -- haha showing my age) they had all available casuals working on the registers but the queues over Easter were still enormous.

I am grateful that I live just 5 minutes walk from a major shopping strip so I no longer have to deal with the crazy car parks. Although, on Thursday, I was running late for an appointment with the bank and so drove, but ended up having to park one street from home 'cos it was so busy! Would've been quicker if I walked :roll:
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:36 pm

yeah sandra its stupid! the crowds were worse than christmas time. i had done all ym easter shopping awhile back and did groceries the other night but at the las tminute had to go in.

speaking of superkmart, thats reopening soon. theyre combining coles and kmarts again.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:48 pm

The crowds are crazy, people go into a spin as if they're going to starve to death or something.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 pm

hubby said it was crazy at the shops, someone even stole his shopping trolley after he had collected the eggs and before he had paid for them!! he was not impressed, but got the choc in the end
I still have a swollen face and hands and feet but I look much better than before, but my neck is killing me!!! Im not sure if its related or not hopefully it will pass :?
Mandi, I handled so many IVABs last night because we have lots of girls on the ward on triple ab therapy so Ive touched gentimycin, flagyl, clindomycin, all the penicillians and probably others but nothing I havent handled before - I wore gloves for some of them but when I got busy I stopped, OOPS, Im going to get some allergy testing done at charlies to see what I reacted to but gloves will have to be a definate for me from now on
thanks guys Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Dee » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Hey Kate - you never know about that now - with Coles Group about to be bought out, their five year plan may be changing...

I'm sure that people think that the shops being closed is the first sign of the Apocolypse lol - MUST SPEND MONEY...
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Hope you feel better soon Jody, what an experience!!

As for "SuperKmart", what the hell is that?! When was that around, I honestly don't remember!
Will be interesting to see if that happens again! I hope not, our local K-mart in the shopping mall always has long lines but Coles generally has enough staff to cope and is much quicker!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:48 pm

Super KMart was Coles (groceries) and KMart (other merchandise) all in one giant super store. I started working on the registers and was there for about a year and then got moved into the jewellery department (yay!). This was back in 1988!

I remember when the wall came up between the grocery section and the rest of the store cos that's when things started to go downhill and management no longer knew who I was, stopped having weekly staff meetings to find out what was going on, watching customer service videos etc.

But the best thing was... a new uniform! My Super K Mart uniform was sooo short that I was embarassed (had a mishap when taking it up and cut off too much!) and looked so slutty so I was grateful to change uniform into black pants and a white shirt. I used to have to dust the perfume cabinet every week and hated doing the higher shelves cos I had to have one hand over my ass because my dress rode up so high :oops: I was mortified!

I was also glad to be a KMart staff member than Coles because I hated working on the front register *yawn*
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:56 am

i remember being a little girl when it was around, and going shopping with mum. we went to the one at mt druitt as we lived not far from there. oh and remember how kmart had wendys!! how funny was that seeing a restaurant in a kmart haha. dont think theyre bringing wendys back but my aunty works for kmart and her store has already started preparations as has the one where my brother was the centre manager of the shopping centre
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:54 am

i remember my kmart having a restraurant when i was little, and it sold crinkly hot chips (mmm)
are they only reverting the old ones back? cause most of the kmarts i know have a coles somewhere else in the shoping centre
Jisgone

Postby Fairie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:26 pm

I heard Westfarmers from WA has bought out Coles.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Next

Return to Just Chatting