It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Why Did I do It

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Why Did I do It

Postby Fairie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:48 pm

I am so stressed and nervous. :shock: :shock:

I have a small home based business making Skin and Hair Care Products using Essential Oils. I have been doing this for about 12 years and I love making everything and I find the Essential Oils facinating as they have so many uses. Unfortunaltley, I hate the selling side of it I am not a sales person.

Well a few weeks ago I was inspired by Ally when she applied for a job and thought yes I can do something different too. Well I applied to the biggest market in my area for a stall to sell my products and last night I got a phone call to say I had been approved. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have 2 weeks to get organised and to get my nerves under control. :roll: :roll:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:53 pm

oh that is wonderful news fay!! i am sure this is exactly what you need to get your products out there for the world to see and it will also help you gain more confidence. you can achieve anything you set your mind to and i cant wait to hear all about that passion of yours and the progress you are going to make :) hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:55 pm

That's fantastic news.

Don't be nervous you don't have to put in the hard sell. Remember it's all about marketing. Have bright colours to attract customers to your stall, have pamphlets to hand out that explain what the products are about. I'm sure that your products will sell themself so you don't have to do the hard sell on people. And most importantly customers don't like pushy sales people, so sit back and enjoy the fruit of your labour and watch those babies sell.

A lot of people are into natural organic products so I’m sure they will sell out. My best friend buys this shampoo of eBay that's all herbal and is "supposedly" supposed to make your hair grow faster. The part that sold her was the chemical free.

You will do great.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:20 pm

yeha i agree with jen there is nothing worse then going into a shop let alone wandering the markets and having people breathing down your neck asking if you need any help. i like to suss everything out and then ask questions.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:45 pm

Hey Fay - what wonderful news. No news to be stressed and nervous - your products will sell themselves. You don't have to be a pushy sales person and no one likes a pushy sales person. I think you'll have a great time :)

Just listen to any feedback you get from customers, tough as it might be to hear sometimes - your customers will tell you what they want and what they don't.

I've been running my own part-time business (promotional products) & freelancing (writing) for a few years now and I love it! I never want to have a boss again. Just PM me if you need any particular tips.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:43 pm

That's awsome. Great news for you. Don't worry about the nerves you have 12 years experience behind you. look to the future & congrats.
Chelle

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:59 pm

great news! you'll do a fantastic job. best of luck, even though you don't need it! :)
Mandie

Postby Justjudy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 pm

What a golden opportunity for you Fay! Not only do you get to sell all your wonderful handmade products, you will get to meet the most fascinating people.

I was selling some of my handcrafted gear at the local markets where I was living in Queensland. I met some of the most wonderful people (both customers and other stallholders). Many of my customers came back to tell me how what they had bought fitted into their homes, and some came back for other things, it gives you a great sense of acheivement.

Good luck with it Fay. I know that you will not only be successful, but you will enjoy every minute of the experience.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Fairie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I will be ok, just need to be organised and get in to gear an start making everything. It is going to be a busy couple of weeks as I usually only make things as there are needed because I don't use any preservitives.
As the nerves settle I find I am actually looking forward to it. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:27 am

great to hear fay - maybe if you had a couple of photos of your products id consider buying them :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:31 am

I don't want to get into trouble for people thinking that I'm using this forum to sell my products so what if I take a photo of my stall at the Market and post it then. :D
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 am

Hi Fay, have just caught up with your thread.......congratulations mate...you CAN do it, believe in yourself and know that you will boost your business by doing this....I don't think you will be "advertising" your stuff here if you take a piccie of you stall....I look forward to seeing it.....It would be no different than people putting addy's for other sites with info on them.....go for it mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:27 am

oh no fay you arent pushy or anything. i ASKED !! i think your products are a wonderful idea and you are really passionate about what you do so keep us posted with how it goes. i think you will do great!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 pm

keep us posted on how it goes.
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:11 am

how exiting for you GOODLUCK!!
So come on show us what you make :D
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy