It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Free Newsletter

1 year Ann.

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

1 year Ann.

Postby Chelle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:54 am

Today I hold my breath. This time last year it was easter Monday. There was hardly a car on the road but still bafills me how it happened. There was a car accident out the front of my house, one of the cars pulled out infront of a car & hit it I was on the computer at the time, I heard the lock up & the bit bang I come out to see if anyone is ok, next minute I looked at the window in the lounge room & there is a car comming towards the house. Warren was at the door unlocking the door to go out there to see if anyone was ok. Josh (3 year old son at the time) followed warren but was at the window looking out. Braydon was in the loundgeroom was towards the kitchen so he was alright. The car come up the drive way straight like any normal car would do missed out letter box, Swirved to miss our $26,000 car, missed the parm tree, & launched the garden bed right into the house, I can still remember the noise it made. The window & wall caved throught & pinned my son josh to the lounge chair. It was the most scarest day of my life. I was standing next to my son when I looked down to see him I pulled him out. & lifted his shirt to see if any damage had been done. but he was alright. Warren was unlocking the door, had his hand on the handel to open it if he was 2 seconds earlier he probley would of lost his legs or somthing worst. Lucky the step's took the most impact because it would of saved josh's life. When it happen warren called 000 & went straight out there to see if the lady who hit our house was alright, & said to her are you alright, & she was so rude & said no my head, & warren just said well you went through my house & hit my son & she didn't have any care to the world, which really bugs me because when I was at the hospitial with josh, having an ultrasound & xrays to see if any internal damage was done, she never come up to him once to see if he was alrighy & still has never contacted me to see if he was alright. The person in the other car turned up on my door step the next day to see how josh was so that was nice of her, josh was fine only a few scratches on his stomach & a bump on his head. The lady who went through my house was the one who caussed the accident was charged with neg driving. The other car I feel sorry for because she had only had her red P's for 2 days. One year onwards we sold the house just before the ann. but still own it till friday but at least we are out of the house.
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 am

oh my god !! how incredibly scary for you, Im so glad your family are all Ok, what a freak accident. How is your son now ? does he talk about what happened?
thanks for sharing
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 pm

wow sounds like something on the news or in a movie! that would have been so scary. i cant believe that woman was so rude. i would have been so apologetic. im surprised the p plater didnt get charged- it seems to be them who get the finger pointed at them as opposed to others drivers.

car accidents are so scary whether you are in the car or you are in harms way.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:45 pm

I had goosebumps as I read your post. Hope your son isn't too traumatised by that terrible accident. I lost my sister (well she died a year before I was born) - she was crossing Canning Highway (back in the days of old). A police man on a bike saw her and stopped putting on his indicator, a taxi that was behind him and couldn't see my sister, thought the copper was waiting to turn and went straight around him, hitting my 9 year old sister and killing her. My mum said that the taxi driver was so traumatised over what he had done that he went to his grave a total wreck (his life just changed so much due to the guilt and grief he was carrying with him). It is amazing how different people are. The police man never came to see my parents either. ON Anzac day it would have been 37 years since she died.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Vegetable » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Thank god that you and your husband and children were ok, how terrible that would have been. We live on a busy corner and in the evenings P platers hoon around the corners, sometimes 2 or3 cars at once so fast, even in the rain, and my god it terrifys me that they could come through my loungeroom window.... thank god you are ok xxx
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:35 pm

amy we used to live on a corner where there was a small roundabout and kdis in the street used to play on the roundabout in the afternoons and on weekends with their bikes and skateboards. i always worried that they would get hit. sometimes coming home from work at night at 10.30pm id see them playing on the roundabout. its pretty scary.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Josh is slightly traumitised still, always talks about the car comming through the house & hitting him in the stomach & bumping his head. And always saying in the car slow down mum or dad when your not even going fast. So I think he is anyway. He always want's to look at the photo's

The lady who caused the accident tried to blame it on the p plater but they knew who's fault it was becasue the p plater was going along the street & the lady who went through our house pulled out in front of her out of the street ajasent from our house.
Chelle

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Karma - what goes around comes around!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I always belive in Karma
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting