It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 am

Free Newsletter

About your bf/gfs?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

About your bf/gfs?

Postby Vegetable » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:01 pm

hey ppl! :D
Well, I have now officially been a singleton for 2 years :shock: doesnt seem that long at all, but hey! So, I am sooooo ready to meet my mr right (or at least a nice fella :D), ... I was wondering, how did you meet your bf/gf/husband/wife?
Vegetable

Postby Justjudy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:20 pm

My b/f Shane and I were introduced by my ex brother-in-laws ex g/f Mel (yes, it is a small town). We went to the local RSL with one of my best friends Mick. Ironically, Shane and I have been seeing each other long distance (I moved a month after we met), and Mel and Mick have been inseperable ever since - bit spooky.

Hold in there, and don't expect it to happen (it certainly hit me like a bolt out of the blue) and one day when you least expect it to, it will.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Donk » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Went to Uni together, I did computing, she did IT, simple story really :D
Donk

Postby Mandie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Bit of a random one this... met him through an Internet site... I've met people before, usually as fun, and I have a few friends that I've met from the net.

Started chatting to him, discovered we had a lot in common, chatted about everything... I really liked him but never entertained the possibility of more because I knew he lived in SA.

Anyway. I met him (for literally 15 minutes in a petrol station) when I drove over to Adelaide for a football game last year, and he came to visit me shortly after. Things happened and it just felt... right. But I was still pretty conflicted - I've had a long distance relationship before, and I knew I couldn't handle it again.

He visited me again just before I went away, and asked me to be his girlfriend. I told him I couldn't do it long distance, and he suggested he move to Perth... I was pretty shocked that someone would do that for me... but he did!

We kept in close contact while I was away, and it's been shockingly hard to not have him here - but I know there's an end point, and that's really soon - He's officially moving into his new place on May 4th, and he'll be in Perth for good.

Yay! Happy ending :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:08 pm

after a depressing break up of a relationship of more than 2 years i was holed up inside the house crying all the time and i thought bugger this i am single and i am going to go out with my mates. so being the designated driver all the time cos none of my friends drove! i was going out mostly on thursday nights because it was karaoke at the leagues club and it was funny to watch. i never participated though! and then i ended up meeting mick the thursday before good friday and so it was only by chance that he was at the club because he usually didnt go on weeknights due to work but he had the next day off cos it was a public holiday. i firs tnoticed him on the side of the dance floor with his mates watching us dance and then he was following us around the club all night drinking pretty heavily. we started talking and we all joked that he should buy my friend and i a rose from the rose lady- and he did! i was under the impression he liked my friend so we sat and chatted for ages and by the end of the night i thought he is really cool. with two spare seats in my car i drove him and his mate home at 3am :) i got home at 3.30am and i got a message on my mobile from him saying that if i wanted some company tomorrow he was more than happy to tag along. i played hard to get though! and told him no. we did the movies thing and dinner at his parents place and we have been together since.at the club we had exchanged mobile numbers and he gave me the wrong one! i gave him the right one. my parents always said he was a great guy because he came inside and met them and my entire family who were at our house for a bbq the night we went to the movies. my mum and step dad like traditional things like that!

so when i was feeling down i got off my backside and got out there to mingle amongst people so you can meet mr right too amy- just get out there and make it known that you are a hot sexy girl and you are single with a beautiful personality :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Believe it or not but I met my husband at the Red Cross Valentine Computer Ball that they held over here in Perth. He was my blind date for the night (thats right I never laid eyes on him and visa versa). It was a kinda scarey thought going out with someone that you had never met before. But alas we fell in love, got engaged, lived together (umm marrrrr), got married and had two georgous daughters.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:55 pm

im a sinner too michelle :P :twisted: :!:
kate_turner2000

Postby talia11 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:38 pm

My husband and I met on dating site RSVP. We talked on the phone for a week about 4 hours each night, met in person a week later then were engaged 4 weeks after that.... living together another 2 weeks later and married on Sep 30 2006!!!
I loved RSVP as it gave me the option of perusing before i tired...lol.....
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby mrs c » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 pm

My husband and I met online - I dont know if anyone remembers but MSN Messenger used to have chat rooms (not sure if it still does) and we were in a general chat (21+ or something) and we had tonnes in common. We chatted and emailed for months and decided to meet.

I did not have high expectations - just thought it would be a bit of fun and at best might make a new friend. I think the fact that we werent expecting much meant that we just let things take their natural course and yeah! We got married last November :)
mrs c

Postby Dee » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Forgive me Father for I have sinned also.. hehehehe Dane was two before Andrew and I got married!

I actually met Andrew at a birthday party when I was 16. I was introduced to him and his mate Andy at the same time, so I left the pary with no idea what his name was - I thought they'd only told me his mates name lol. Ended up having to subtley ask my friend what his name was - as if she didn't realise I was interested after spending 8 hours talking to one guy! hehehe
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Kaz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:55 pm

My fiance and I used to work in the same shop for a couple of years and were just friends. When I got transferred to another store we kept in touch as friends and then it just turned into a romance. We have been together for just over 12 years. :lol:

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby Vegetable » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Wow, it seems like you have all met your partners in such different ways..... its great to see that ppl still meet eachother ouside bars and pubs and clubs...(not into that :D) Its all so romantic :P
Vegetable

Postby Vegetable » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:22 pm

you can meet mr right too amy- just get out there and make it known that you are a hot sexy girl and you are single with a beautiful personality

Awwwwwwwwwww Kate! That was about the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a looong time.... thankyou! (((hugs))) :D
Vegetable

Postby Vegetable » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Doh quoted too much :D :oops:
Awwwwwwwwwww Kate! That was about the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a looong time.... thankyou! (((hugs)))
Vegetable

Postby Julz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:34 am

I met my husband at our highschool when we were both 15. We both had crushes on each other and I was too shy to ask him out (and I would rather have teh guys chase after me ;) ) and one of his mates had a huge crush on me so he didn't want to make a move because he was being loyal to his mate. Then one day one of my friends snuck behind my back and tried to set us up asking him if he'd go out with me and vice versa, I played along thinking it was a joke and the rest is history.

We're married now, been together 13yrs and have 2 beautiful kids :)

I'd love to give you some advice on meeting Mr Right, but I have no experience with the dating thing, my hubby and I just ended up together as if it were fate. I'm sure you will find that special someone someday :)
Julz

Next

Return to Just Chatting