It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

About your bf/gfs?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby electrongirl » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:05 am

I met my husband on the website Red Vs Blue http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.php.

Its a website devoted to a comedy serial made by using Halo & Halo 2. Members have their own profiles and there's forums etc.

NOT the first place I would imagine you'd meet someone!!

It was New Years day 2005 and I just happened to come across a photo he had put up in a forum thread and I sent him a private message saying the picture reminded me of something. We started talking right away, just chit chat.

He was in North Carolina USA and me in Perth. We ended up chatting almost everyday for a few weeks either by email or msn. Then I called him after 2 weeks and our first phone call lasted 8 hours.... I am serious.... and we only stopped because his cordless phone went dead.

We kept this up for months and added webcamming into the mix. Then in May 2005 I flew to the US to stay with him. It was fantastic and he proposed while I was there. Then I had to come back here which was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

For 7 months we were apart, then in Dec 2005 he came here and we got married in Feb 2006, he applied for residency and he has only just gotten his 2 year temporary residencey visa.

There is so much more to this story but you get the idea!!!

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby yummymummy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:13 am

My partner and I bothed worked at freo markets, but on different stalls, he fancyed me and came over to chat regularly but he had a full beard so I never thought of him as anything more than a friend then one day he shaved it of and I thought he was lovely! so one thing lead to another and the rest is history
We have been together 13 years
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:35 am

lol Jody that's great!! I made my bf shave off his beard pretty much straight after I met him, guys almost always look better clean shaven I reckon.. and it's less painful to kiss!
Mandie

Postby Jisgone » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:15 am

i met my bf last november at a pub called the elephant and wheelbarrow in perth, we'de both had wayy to much to drink and ended up dancing all night, he had a gf at the time but we swapped numbers but soon lost contact. then about 6 weeks ago we ran into each other again, he asked me if i was the same girl he met last year and ive hardly spent a day without seeing him since :P
Jisgone

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:26 am

nikki i forgot to say your "couple" picture is adorable!!! :)

lol jewels.. ah the good ol elephant and wheel barrow... lots of drunken memories there! it's so sweet he remembered you after all that time!
Mandie

Postby Chelle » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 am

We went to the same primary school & high school together I was in year 3 he was in year 6 year & high school I was in year 7 he was in year 10. He remembers me I don't remember him. But we met throuh my best friend, who was his next door neighbour. Also my next door neighbour best friend was his older brother we always went water skiiing together. We started haging out together becoming really good friends, spending every weekend together, when I was 13 & he was 17 but at the time we were attracted to each other but we were both in a relationship with other people. Then one day he come & watch me played sport & we both found out that we both single. I wen't away for a holiday the day I come back we went out for lunch & began a relationship. 9 years later, marriage for 5 1/2 years & two beautiful children. We are still together.
Chelle

Postby Justjudy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:13 am

Mandie wrote:lol Jody that's great!! I made my bf shave off his beard pretty much straight after I met him, guys almost always look better clean shaven I reckon.. and it's less painful to kiss!

Shane has a handlebar moustache, it looks adorable, and I actually have no problem with it, which surprises me because I couldn't stand kissing my ex husband if he hadn't had a shave :shock:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:17 pm

lol Judy... liking the moustache? MUST be true love hey! hehehe :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:53 pm

last november mick did the 'movember' thing for charity. i hated it! i even get iffy if he doesnt get a haircut when his hair is finger length long!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 pm

I can't stand moe they are horrible
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:26 pm

through a mutual friend who was going away to America. He had a night out on the town and we met in a pub :roll: . For once I had gone out without 'finding a guy' specifically in mind and then one fell into my lap. Go figure.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 pm

hehe its always the way isnt it tegan?! whens the wedding
?
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:32 pm

I just *love* the highschool sweethearts stories.

My boy was a year above me and only came to my school when he was in year 10. He was in my 'DEAR' (drop everything and read class) which was the only mixed age class my school had - 20 minutes of quiet reading time after lunch. I thought he was the hottest thing I had ever seen... when he sat in front of me I used to look at him instead of reading my book. After we started going out he told me he used to do the same 8)

So we ignored each other for awhile because I was a good girl and he was a bad boy and we both didn't ever think the other person would be interested until he came to party I had and we both got drunk and hooked up (not like *that* I was only 15 and he was only 17). Well I didn't consider it to mean anything because as 15yr old girls we always used to kiss the older guys at parties and that was that but the next day he knocked on my door to see how I was feeling and then the Monday he came and walked me to school and we have been inseparable ever since!

Next Wednesday is our 6 year anniversary and we got engaged just over a month ago :)

PS - Red vs Blue is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!
Puffer

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:43 pm

wedding is in March 2008
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:04 pm

WOW i'm a singleton for just over a year now but thought i would see how you all come to meet your partners.. this is interesting read!

RSVP it's good to hear some good news from there. I have met friends in there BUT the right guy.. nope.. glad to hear some one did!

I too am single BUT to be honest for the first time in a long time i'm happy about that as it gives me a chance this year to focus on ME and not always put someone else first.. i know this might be selfish BUT it's me year this time round.. the right man?? if any will eventaully come round! lol

GOOD LUCK though and do go out it helps!
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting