It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

About your bf/gfs?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 pm

hey maxx certainly doesnt sound selfish to me. you need to lose yourself before you can learn to love someone else and they in turn to love you. its about time some of us do things in our lives for ourselves as individuals- even little things like a hair cut or something! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby tree » Thu May 03, 2007 9:38 pm

I met my husband on RSVP. We had both been married previously, but divorced. I had been on my own for 7 years. We chatted on line for a couple of months and then I started dating another guy I had been chatting with so I took myself of the site.
That didnt work out so I decided to put myself back on the site. Steve contacted me straight away and we decided to meet up. We never looked back! Met in Jan 05 married in March 06.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby QldChick » Mon May 07, 2007 3:23 pm

I met my bf thru my brother,

My brother had asked me one night if I wanted to go with him to his friends house (also our neighbours ) for a few drinks.Zac ( my bf ) was a boarder at our neighbours house and I had met him a few times beforehand as his uncle is my brothers friend but hadnt gotten a chance to talk to him.We started chatting and I realised we had heaps in common.Over the next few weeks we were hanging out nearly everyday (just as friends ) until one day I realised I was falling for him and told him how I felt and to my suprise he turned around and said I have been feeling the same way for a while now but didnt want to muck anything up as I didnt know if you felt the same way we waited a little while.

Feb 14th came around and he took me out for the night and we have been together since :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wY0INZZ/]
[/url]
QldChick

Postby catclawz » Tue May 08, 2007 3:00 pm

I have loved reading all your stories about where you have found love, i hope to add one on here one day soon!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKGbOOn/]
[/url]
catclawz

Postby Leishkin » Thu May 24, 2007 1:58 pm

My story is looongggg....

I met my man at the 50th birthday of his godmother - who was also the mother of my brother's then girlfriend (try saying that 10 times fast)

I was introduced to him and his (at the time) girlfriend, and his brother, and felt something for him instantly, I don't know why, or how to explain it, it was just a feeling I had. Anyway, the night went on, we all got ridiculously drunk, and got along really well - his girlfriend (a bit of a prude and a non-drinker) went back to their hotel early and left him and his brother with us - They were actually visiting from Sydney (I lived in Melbourne at the time) and were only visiting for that party.

I remember getting drunk enough to say something to him about how unfair it was that he was so perfect for me, but he was taken, so I coudln't have him - and was surprised that he actually said back to me that he felt it was unfair too, that I lived 1000 kms away. Anyway. nothing happened between us, except for that, really, and a few semi-naughty conversations and flirting... The next day I got his number from my brother's gf and texted him about seeing a band that night - but they didn't come along (dead from hangovers), I think we texted a little for a couple of weeks, then I kinda gave up and moved on (i was in my partying prime!)

A couple of months later, I don't even remember why, I remembered he'd been planning a trip with his brother, and I decided to text him out of the blue and see how it went. we got to talking, and talking, and got to the point of spending hours on the phone every night (I learnt later that he and his gf weren't sharing a bed any more, and were kinda just still living together out of conveniance) He was coming to Melbourne for something inbetween time and I convinced him to come to a party I was having (pretty much as an excuse to get him to come to my house) and he did - he took a taxi from the city out to my house in the middle of nowhere - which would've cost him about $100 - and we talked things through, still felt like there was something there, so a few weeks later he broke it off with his girlfriend, I went up to sydney for the show, and we got together.

We did the long distance thing for 2 years before i finally caved and moved up to sydney (hopefully temporarily) and have now been here for almost 2 years.

So yeah, just shows ya you can meet guys in the most unexpected places.

best o luck!!
Leishkin

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu May 24, 2007 2:15 pm

that's such a nice story, and glad you didn't get it together while he was still with his other g/f. Very respectable.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BubbleButt » Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm

All these stories of how people met.. very cool :cool:

I spoke to my now hubby for a whole 2 minutes in one of the MSN Chatrooms when they were still around :lol:. About a week later while I was on leave from work for 3 months and was moving into my house etc, one of the girls I had become friends with in that same chatroom invited me to one of her parties, but it was on the other side of town and I had been drinking with a friend of mine at my house, so couldn't drive and couldn't afford to catch a cab or anything. So she said she'd sort something.. next thing I knew was that she had organised someone to come get me and he'd contact me shortly. I get this message on the computer from him to say where do you live as I hear you need a ride. He was meant to be picking someone else up too and when she found out he was going to be late to get her and her kids because he was coming to get me, it got nasty. I thought they were together and told him not to because I didn't want to cause any problems. He didn't tell me they weren't together and never had been, just let me believe whatever I wanted and came and picked me up anyways. He wouldn't let me get in the back seat of the car for her or anything either. We hit it off straight away and I've always been really shy around new people. We got to the party, I mingled with a few that I knew already and then went home with someone else because I had told them they had to come or else. My hubby was rather disappointed as he was hoping I'd stay because he liked me (I didn't know that at the time!).

Next day I was watching the Adelaide Clipsal 500 on telly with my friend and I got a text from him that said "Diddly Diddly Diddly Diddly Diddly" :roll: It was St Patricks Day and he was at a pub in the city with the girl he took to the party with me. He wanted me to come along but I refused. We spoke later that night online, that's when he told me she was a psychopath and they had never been romantically linked or anything, just friends. I went back to work that next day. He rang me in the morning to see if I wanted to have lunch with him. Now so you know it would of been an hour and half drive for him to come to my work for lunch ONE WAY! I told him I didn't have a lunch break, which was the truth, and so he said "well come over for dinner at my house". I had to supply the wine and he would cook for me. He was living with his mum and grandmother at the time and we all got on fabulously. He came over to my house the next night for tea and he's never really gone home since. :oops:

We have now been together since March 2002 and were married in 2004.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:49 pm

hey bubbebutt the day you two have children you will have to give them an irish name ;) hehe 'diddly diddly'

or my fave irish call is : 'TWIDDLEE DEE POTATOES'
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Too be sure, too be sure ...... :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 am

LOL luck of the irish
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 10:06 am

Top o the morning to you

reply: and the rest of the day to you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Fri May 25, 2007 11:20 am

i love all these stories :)

i met my bf a year ago this sunday. we follow the same footy team and had mutual friends and it was pure coincidence that we didn't meet sooner at the footy. one night last year the team had lost and i was at the pub (another one at the pub!) with a friend drowning our sorrows and then the mutual friend turned up with about 12 people because the pub they'd been going to was closed. i met the boy and we pretty much hit it off straight away. we were mostly friends at the start but spent loads of time together right from the start so we call this weekend our anniversary. it's an amazing feeling to have a partner who is also my best friend.
sassi

Postby madeline » Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey bubbebutt the day you two have children you will have to give them an irish name ;) hehe 'diddly diddly'

or my fave irish call is : 'TWIDDLEE DEE POTATOES'

Someone's been watching Danny Bhoy ;)

I met my boy a bit over 3 years ago when I was 16... at the 17th bday of a guy we both knew (me from church, him from school). This guy friend was ick. Like he was whingy and annoying and really really needy. He invited stacks of people to his birthday... and 3 people came. I came because I promised him I would at church, and my parents know his (his parents are the nicest and funniest people in the world. I don't know what happened with their son =/).

So when I came, I saw 2 other guys there, a little sri lankan guy, and this really hot athletic guy with the blondest hair ive ever seen awww. Apparently his family had just come back from Japan, and he had known the B'day boy from primary school years ago. I was impressed that he actually came to this guys bday (bday boy wasn't the coolest person ever... by a long shot, he was the school punching bag) it showed what a sweet guy he was.

We hit it off straight away, right from the choice of pizza- supreme (the other 2 had margarita), and then the bday boy made a big mistake (well from his point of view, because apparently he had a huge crush on me, probably cause i was the only girl he knew hehe), when he suggested going downstairs to look at the icecream flavours at the restaurant. I said I'd prefer a cappuccino if that was ok. To my suprise Mr McCutey said, yeah that sounds good and stayed seated with me. We were left alone together for about 10 mins, and exchanged emails and numbers....

and the rest is history ;)

Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:59 am

yes danny bhoy! i crack up everytime i hear it!
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Just Chatting