It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Watchers

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Watchers

Postby Maraver » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:15 am

Advice needed here,do I join Weight Watchers they have a special on at the moment? a voice inside me says I should know how to do this on my own, I know what sensible eating is without being told, have any of you really achieved losing weight without the help of a slimming club. I have a voucher to go tomorrow night but I really want to do this on my own and feel I could use the weekly fee to pay for a holiday afterwards
Pam
Maraver

Postby Vegetable » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:10 am

I think it really depends on you..... I have been a weightwatcher for about a year on and off (although atm I am giving TF another try) I found meetings were interesting, great to meet new ppk, really kept me accountable too. Although, I lost my first 12 kgs on my own, before ww. The last 14 were through ww.....its totally up to you personally... I know a lot of ppl who HATE meetings, but then their are those like me who totally rely on them....maybe just go along to one (particularly if they have a freeby thing going) get the week 1 book (very very informative about both plans) and stay for the meeting.... you might really enjoy it :D
Vegetable

Postby Maraver » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 am

Thankyou I have a $15 voucher, I think you have persuaded me it may be what I need and I do need to meet some people
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:36 am

Hi Pam...that is the only thing I can suggest too is go to the meeting and see how YOU like it .....I have my issues with WW but I keep them to myself. If you go for a few times you might find that is is what you need, or you may not the only way you will find out is to go!! Alternatively look for a local slimming group in your area they can be just as supportive, if not more so.......

Let us know what you decide to do mate...I am sure that you will make the right decision for YOU!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:37 am

i agree with ally. go along pam and see how you feel there. it is a great way to meet new people that are in the same boat as you too :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Vegetable » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Ally, I hope you dont mind me asking (and being nosey :D) but have you have bad ww experience? Thats not good at all if you have, I had a really average leader once who made me feel like crap, so I left, and went to a new meeting which was supportive and nurturing and lovely :) I just hope it wasnt ruined for you by a crappy leader or something :) (tell me to mind my own business if you like :D :D :D )
Vegetable

Postby talia11 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm

I did WW previously and lost all fo my weight - but over a long time as I was a bit slack with points.... I found it to be great and they also have a great forum..... Perhaps you could try the At Home version and use the website?
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:25 pm

I found it too hard to come up with the almost $20 a week for Weigh Watchers. I wasn't really learning anything about ffod that I didn't already know, and quite frankly finding a friend to keep you accountable is, (for me at least) just as effective.

My best friend and I have just set up a system where every week I don't stick to my plan (that is eating well 80% or more of the time, and working out for half an hour 4+ times a week) I have to pay $20 into the kitty. It's a good incentive to do that extra workout, or to avoid that last muffin, 'cos coming up with 20 bucks for a muffin is quite off putting.

But WW has worked for loads of people - you really need to figure out what it is you need. It's not weakness to seek assistance - if this was easy we'd all be fit, thin and healthy!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:57 pm

What a great system Dee. I know that it would keep me in line, I am a true cheapskate and would hate to have to pay $20 for a muffin. I would be at my goal in no time at all.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Chelle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:22 am

I've never used WW so I can't comment what they are like, but go with your own instinct if you feel like you need that extra support to loose the weight then do it.
Chelle

Postby electrongirl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 am

I've been a WW member on & off for about 7 years.

I think the program is great and if you find a good meeting with a good leader then its definately worth it.

I have been to quite a few different mettings and the leader makes the difference!!

I am now going back to my original meeting and am loving it. All the ladies know me so its good.

I have never gotten to goal as my life tends to be very topsy turvy so I never used to stick to it for too long...

not this time though!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:35 pm

Hey Amy I don't mind you asking me at all!! But I will PM you with my experiences so as not to "talk out of turn" so to speak!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby gremlen » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 pm

:D ALLY IM ALSO INTRESTED WHY /WHAT THE PROB WAS WITH YOU AND WW I WENT A FEW YRS BACK AGREE LEADERS -ETC.. FING THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU HAVING THE $16.50 ETC.. EACH WEEK PM ME IF YOU LIKE IM TRYING THE ULTRALITE PROGRAME ITS A TAD RESTRICTIVE
NO SPUDS,RICE,PASTA(ALL MY FAV) OOPS SORRY JYUST RELISED HAD CAPS ON :oops: :P
o.k. better :lol: :lol:
gosh im a dork :roll:
see ya
gremlen
xxxx
gremlen

Postby Ally » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi Gremlen thanks for the offer, but I have happily found a program that works for me....but thanks for thinking of me!!
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting