It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Free Newsletter

what a day

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

what a day

Postby yummymummy » Wed May 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Well I wondered into work yesterday arvo feeling pretty good about myself because I had done really well with my run that day and walked up the 6 flights of stairs feeling less puffed than usual and had refused cake when having coffee with my friend and there was a lovely big box of choccies for the nurses in the office for us to eat that arvo CRAP!- I had to avoid them with all my strength because I cant stop at 1 so I didnt want to start at all, I then had to go to an inservice and the first thing she did was give us a heap of lollies ARH! and again I had to physically hold myself back because I cant stop at one. And then my pt that I was nursing was discharged so I went to emergency to help out there and I had been there an hour and in wanders the ward clark with a whopping great yummy looking cheese board full of rich creamy cheeses WTF!! I pinched some cheese, but only a small piece :? .
I went home last night tired from having to use so much bloody will power!!!!!!!!
I think the gods are against me :x

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 02, 2007 12:14 pm

hey jody well done mate!!! think of it as a way of challenging yourself. i do it by walking down the confectionary aisle or past the bakery. i bet you felt great getting home and knowing you arent feeling sick from eating all that temtping food at work!!

Postby slimmindown » Wed May 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Jody I know exactly how you feel. On our ward it is like food food food all the time. Chocolates, chips,cakes .There is always an excuse for a party..

Well done on resisting I know its hard, the other day at work a colleague and I specifically had a conversation in front of a great girl,who continuously brings in big fatty cakes she makes. Saying how hard it is when you are trying to refrain when there is always so much on offer.

She stated a couple of days later how she isnt bringing in food on the days myself and the other girl works, so I'm glad she got the point without hurting her feelings.

Nursing and food go hand in hand,who would of thought :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby Chelle » Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 pm

What a day temptation temptation & more bloody temptation well done Jody It must of been hard!!!!!! But you done it, held your head high & walking being proud that you didn't touch a single thing.

Postby milkyway » Thu May 03, 2007 12:18 am

You are amazing! What a challenging day. It's all about moderation, so having that little bit of cheese is no problem at all. And I totally understand about that not being able to stop at one. Well done :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Just Chatting