It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Mothers day

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothers day

Postby yummymummy » Wed May 02, 2007 1:10 pm

I have no idea what to get my mum for mothers day this year, what are you guys doing for your mum/MIL?
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 02, 2007 1:49 pm

im buying a frame from the reject shop that has spots for lots of photos and im getting some photos printed off of heidi and us to put in it (im doing this for my mother in law as well). it will cost about $25 for each one.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed May 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Sorry I haven't thought about it yet. I have over the previous years given my mum facials, massage or taken her out to lunch & always every year darrell lee rocky road chocolate that is her favourite.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 am

We are a bit skint this year, so my mum will have to make do with a visit from all of us!!! (I know she won't mind though :D ) Scott asked me what I wanted the other day and I said nothing, so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with, but I really don't mind receiving nothing but cuddles on Mother's Day as to me it is all about the kids as otherwise it wouldn't be a special day for me!! They usually make 'secret' cards and little gifts that I don't 'know' about it....it is lovely!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 03, 2007 12:02 pm

My kids have a stall at school - each item costs $4.00 and they are really nice things - so I always look forward to receiving them. I have bought my MIL a thick cutting board (cause that is what she wanted). it cost around $20.00 so not bad really. My mum is getting a box of choccies cause that is what she loves!! We are going to future sister-in-laws house for dinner on MOthers Day so for the first time ever I don't have to prepare a mothers day meal - yeahhhhhhhhh :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:04 pm

its nice to do things like that on mothers/fathers day i think- having a brunch or lunch. we went to micks nannas house last year and had morning tea. not sure whats happening this year. mick makes me feel like im appreciated everyday as his fiance and as heidis mum and even though i am not working he says how nice i keep the house looking and how well i look after heidi and cook nice meals etc. a bit of recognition never goes astray hey girls?!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu May 03, 2007 12:44 pm

I've got to drive down to Sydney on Mother's Day & stay at my mum's house for 4 days warrens got to work there for 3 days then bring the work truck back home to newcastle. So I don't think that we are going to do anything we might have to celebrate mothers day saturday & go & have a picinic luch at the national park somthing like that.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm

Mothers day has just become a bit more sweeter for us now, knowing that mum's results were clear!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:02 pm

hey ally i bet!! you guys have been through some tough times since last year with your mum - look forward to yet another mums day with her next weekend k!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri May 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanks Kate....we are looking forward to it a lot more now that is for sure!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dee » Fri May 04, 2007 5:45 pm

I've made my Mum a pack of cards to be used throughout the year - you know, birthday cards, get well cards, etc.

I refuse to even think about my MIL at the moment 'cos she's been so completely nasty to me this month that I'm tempted to just... Image

For me; I'd love it if the kids made me something. Dane probably will, being first year at school... we'll see I guess.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:47 pm

haha u make me laugh dee. does your hubby buy you a gift from him for mothers day?

also i always see people selling home made cards on ebay. they look so nice, and i was only thinking today that i really should make things like that but its just a matter of getting my butt into gear!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri May 04, 2007 5:52 pm

They're heaps easy Kate - just get out your scraps and start putting stuff together... I have loads of flowers I use for scrapping, ,so the cards were a cinch. They're nothing flash, but I gave them to Mum yesterday (She's going away and won't be back until after Mother's Day) and she was pretty pleased.

My hubby is useless when it comes to presents. He'll go shopping on the Saturday afternoon before Mother's Day and grab something most likely... ironic being that HE WORKS IN KMART!!!!

But I'm not really fussed about a gift from him - breakfast in bed would be nice though.
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:56 pm

haha yeah they usually pick up chocolates from the local supermarket haha. like i need anymore chocolate! its the thought that counts though. mick drove to our nearest mcdonalds last mothers day which is about 25 minutes drive each way and by the time he got back the food was cold. poor thing. i get excited about fathers day though cos i get to do the wrapping and mick doesnt know what he is getting. its cute to see heidi giving him his present. see photo from last fathers day:

kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri May 04, 2007 5:57 pm

Oh how cute!
[/url]
Dee

Next

Return to Just Chatting