It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 am

Free Newsletter

Gatorade for Kids

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Gatorade for Kids

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:12 pm

kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu May 03, 2007 1:35 pm

I remember last year that gatorade were trying to bring into schools & sport saying that it is good for them they had some promotion & a website. Yes it will bring extra energy because of the sugar content but at a young age they should stick to drinking water. It really unnecessary for children to even touch sport drinks.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Fri May 04, 2007 5:14 pm

Our 4 kids get a powerade once in a blue moon when it is so stinking hot and humid and water just doesn't do the job....but they don't get it to just have for the sake of it!! They also used to get on on the really hot days when they were doing sports training, but again it was very rare!! Then it was only the 300ml bottle not the 600ml! I am very blessed that mine love water and prefer to drink it over any thing else!! (but then again, they weren't brought up with softdrink and cordials right from the time they could drink either!!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:35 pm

hey ally heidi doesnt drink milk or juices or cordials either. she only drinks water. once she went from a bottle to a cup (i weaned her at 12 months) she never took formula or cows milk again. she goes through a few cups of water a day and even though she is a tad underweight for her age, its because she isnt drinking a few bottles of milk a day. she does however have cheese, ice cream, custards and yogurts each day. i am thankful she doesnt like juice.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri May 04, 2007 11:05 pm

Yeah it will probley rot her teeth if she was brought up on cordial. I give my kids cordial once in a blue moon hardly a drop in the water, just so it colours the water & they still go hyper. So that must say that cordial is full of sugar
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting