It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Stuffed up at work!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Stuffed up at work!!

Postby SarahC » Sun May 06, 2007 10:21 pm

It has been threatening for a while now, but on Friday it finally happened. I got busted for excessive internet use.... again!! The first time I think was about a year ago, and sice then I've been terrified of it happening again. And yet I have slowly increased my internet time month by month :shock:

The annoying thing is that at the seminar last weekend, I finally managed to figure out why I have been unable to work, and why I have been doing nothing but waste time day after day. It was such a relief to finally realise what was happening and to deal with some of the issues that I had!! So, I had a big week of work last week... I got through so much of the boring work that I had been putting off for months, and also got to put forward some great ideas to some of the committees that I am on (no more holding back on sharing my ideas!!). And right at the end of my brilliant week, my boss comes in and dumps the thickest wad of paper on my desk, which detailed every website I had visited, the date, time and how long I spent there :( :shock:

He's now gone on leave and will not talk about it with me until he gets back in about 10 days time. Until then I have to sit and stew! I had the most major pig out session on Friday night, and not much better yesterday. Thankfully today was better.... I just hope I can manage to keep on doing the good work I was doing last week and also not eat everything in sight :(

I'm just petrified that I'm going to lose my job! And after I've just started to get going with it :x
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:25 pm

hey sarah. dont lose hope yet mate!! you will probably get a warning. it must be pretty confronting to know that the things you were looking at online for your own personal use has been recorded too. in the next 10 days just do your work as per normal and if they do ask for your resignation then thats their loss. to me it sounds like you are a proactive worker and doing well in your job.
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon May 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Ooh my goodness Sarah, that's horrible :( You poor thing! I know what it's like, getting bored at work and just surfing the net because you can't bring yourself to have the motivation to do work.
Well done for figuring out why you had the problems with work though, maybe if you told them to your boss he might understand a bit more???
Try not to stress too much, although if I were you I would have done the same thing and pigged out on Friday night!!!!
*hugs*
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chelle » Mon May 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Has your boss have no life recording every site & how long that you have been on. Don't dwell mate by the time he get's back he would probly forgotton about it or won't be so angry about the situation. Get some sleep mate because you are probly not much at all worried about it.
Chelle

Postby SarahC » Tue May 08, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I don't think it will be forgotten about, especially since this is my second time :shock: It is really horrible to see all your internet use documented like that. I put the document into the rubbish bin, where it belonged, straight away... I couldn't work with that sitting on my desk! Besides half of it was absolute crap! Who knew 3fatchicks.com was an adult site... that was news to me :roll: Plus there was sites on there that I never even went to at all. Very frustrating!!!

Still battling the nibbles though, which sucks. You can see my wonderful success down there in my signature line :oops:

Just have to wait it out now. It's annoying as well that I'm going to have this hanging over my head over the weekend, on my birthday which I was hoping was going to be a really good day :( (thinking... alcohol!! lol)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:53 pm

hey sarah

wow they're blaming you for going to some sites you never even went to?! how false are those allegations theyre making against you! i hope you have a great birthday sarah you really do deserve to have a great day and dont let any of this cloud your special day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue May 08, 2007 2:50 pm

Nah Kate I think what she's trying to say is that they're claiming 3fatchicks.com is an adult website when it's a dieting website!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! One time at my very first admin job, we had a REALLY high internet bill because of excess downloads, and I was convinced it was me and I was going to get in trouble cos of all the sites I'd been visiting. But I found out it was actual big files being downloaded and it happened at like 2 o'clock in the morning, when our IT came in to do work on the computers!! I was soo relieved!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:26 pm

ah ok then i was going by this comment:

"Plus there was sites on there that I never even went to at all."

id hate to be blamed for going to sites i didnt even go to! thats probably more than half the list they gave you sarah!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue May 08, 2007 3:29 pm

Hey Sarah Happy Birthday, Have a drink for me!!!!
Chelle

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue May 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Ohh whoops sorry Kate, I didn't see that bit! Haha well then that's a bit of bullsh*t if they're pinning the blame on you for sites you didn't go to!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:02 pm

hey sarah whats happened with your boss since he came back in regards to the net usage? i hope it turned out ok?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sun May 20, 2007 12:56 am

I was thinking about you sarah let us know how you went with your boss
Chelle

Postby SarahC » Mon May 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Nothing yet! He's been back since Thursday and hasn't said anything yet. We were meant to do my annual performance review on Friday (good timing lol) but he has postponed it.... either too busy or too scared to deliver bad news!! :?

Sorry I haven't been around on here much. I'm still a bit scared to get on the net during the day, and I don't get much time at home in the evenings. I will try though!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm

thats understandable about no being online much sarah :) let us know how it goes if anything eventuates :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 10:15 am

You still have your job at the moment sarah that is all that matters mate. Just stay low & hopefully he has forgotton about it.
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting