It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

Rove

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Rove

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:35 pm

just watching the logies and i am so proud of rove. he is obviously quite emotional accepting his awards and i just want to give him a big hug! ill probably be in bed by the time they announce the gold logie but i hope it is him. these shows go on for hours and hours!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:11 am

ah well kate ritchie won the gold logie. good for her. she looked beautiful and even though i dont watch home and away i did watch it up until she met flynn which is a lot of years watching sally!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Mon May 07, 2007 9:23 pm

I was glad to see Rove get two awards,and also to see Kate Ritchie get hers(not literally I fell asleep).I wanted to watch the end but my eyes kept closing. I didnt get to see the tribute to Steve Irwin either, I know I would of cried :cry:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 pm

hey deb nah i didnt get to see the steve irwin tribute either :( i saw terri on the today show this morning and she seemed really proud however i read on the tv week discussion board that some people were really pee'd off with ray martin wehn he accepted an award for the documentary interview he did with terri irwin about steves death and how he didnt acknowledge the family or something. how sad is that :(
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Mon May 07, 2007 9:39 pm

that is very sad, after all it is their life he was reporting on and how devastating the reason was for that interview.. :cry:
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:42 pm

yeah apparently ray didnt even thank terri for sharing her story with them or anything like that. apparently he made digs at other networks like ABC in his speech.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm

that is a bit rich isnt it, I thought Bindi did a good job with her presenting :)
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:47 pm

yeah she is very bright and mature for her age~!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm

I didn't catch that in Ray's acceptance speech but I was only half watching 'cos I was working on my assignment. He did however thank Terri in his speech though and said that she was so easy to interview, a novice reporter could've done it, or something like that.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:53 pm

wow its funny how you read different things! wish i stayed up to watch it :( here are some comments from the tv week discussion board regarding it....

Terri Irwin and her family deserved far more respect and consideration from Ray Martin at the Logies last night.

Ray's gratuitous back-slapping and self-congratulation when accepting the logie for the Terri Irwin interview was callous, thoughtless, rude, inconsiderate and extremely disrepectful.

Ray showed his true nature, which is to bag the story at all costs.

What a stark contrast when compared to the poise and dignity which Terri Irwin conducted herself with during her acceptance speech for the Hall of Fame Logie. Terri has soared in my esteem, whilst Ray has plummeted. From: Kym
Date published: 07 May 2007 15:52

Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report - The Terry Irwin interview. I think the logie was appropriate on this occasion, however, I think the selection of footage could have been revised. The footage shown was Terry Irwin at her most distressed, crying about the moment she was told her beloved late husband Steve had died. Ray Martin accepted the award, and not once did he make reference to Terry for allowing them to film the most tragic part of her life, or mentioning that Steve's death had made the award possible. After the footage, and Ray's speech was aired, there was a cast over shot of Terry Irwin, who looked devastated by what she had just witnessed. Surely a more appropriate selection of footage could have been shown, and maybe Ray should have said "This logie belongs to the Irwin family" as a symbol of gratitude, for the family allowing the moment their lives changed forever to be screened on National and even International television.
Date published: 07 May 2007 10:42

Date published: 07 May 2007 11:50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to Venna's entry 7/5/2007 @ 1042am
I too was appauled at the footage and speech by Ray Martin for the logie 'The Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report - The Terry Irwin interview'. It looked like a disrespectful and totally inappropriate ploy to gain ratings. How dare anyone profit from this tragic tale. What was supposed to be a wonderful and exciting night for Terry, but it must have turned out to be a public stab in the heart. Terry apparently left the awards within moments of Ray's inappropriate speech, and the footage shown of her was heartbreaking. She looked not only devastated, but also absolutely appauled by what she had to witness. Shame on those who took credit for this logie, it was Steve's death, and Terry's courage that made it possible. The logie should be making it's way to Australia Zoo, to be with its rightful owners. As for Ray, was it necessary to have a dig at sbs and abc television? Maybe they always win this category, because they know where to draw the line!
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting