It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 am

Free Newsletter

Most embarrassing thing you've done

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Most embarrassing thing you've done

Postby zoeh » Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am

Today I did the most embarrassing thing I've ever done so I thought to make myself feel better I would start a thread and feel a bit better about being such an doofus!

Currently I am looking for another part time/flexible job due to my part time job becoming full time and I need something flexible due to other commitments.

I used to have this great manager I used to be really, really close with and I had her on my resume as a reference.

A guy who interviewed me called her and got her voicemail.

She sent me a text saying oh whos this guy did he call me by accident?

And I thought she said that because we hadn't worked for so long and I said I didnt think he would call you because we worked together ages ago, can you be a reference, hows the prengancy going we should catch up.

And then she said heres my email address just let me know what you want me to say.

And then later on I was offered the job (Hooray) and i sent her a text saying dont worry about it, I got the job, its so hard to find something flexible blahblah...

Then later on a friend said to me oh have you spoken to X because she was trying to get in contact with you.

I said I havent spoken to her in 5 years, thats really weird. He gave me her number and I texted her and asked her why she wanted to get in contact with me.

She replied saying because of the reference call.

I HAD PUT THE WRONG NUMBER ON MY RESUME!!! I seriously did not even know I had THAT person's number IN my phone!!! I haven't spoken to her in so long and had just written personal stuff in my text message and even asked her how her PREGNANCY was going!!

I didnt even click when she gave me her email address (with her last name) because my friend with the same name recently took on her new husband's last name, and I had a dumb moment of not remembering what that was!!!

I called her and got her voicemail apologising but no response.

I have never, ever been so embarrassed. I bet she is having a good laugh.
zoeh

Postby yummymummy » Wed May 09, 2007 1:19 am

Oh that is sooo funny!!!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 am

god what a mix up!! glad you got the job though :)

my most embarrassing moment was at high school when i had a cold and it was winter and i was sitting with my friends eating a meat pie and one of my firends made me laugh and pie and snot came out of my nose everywhere! i tried to be discreet about it but everyone saw. i just tell them now when they bring it up that it was just the pie that come out my nose not the snot as well ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed May 09, 2007 12:09 pm

well I did the bridal waltz at my sisters wedding with my dressed tucked up in my undies, fatty squasher undies to boot...... :shock: :shock:

I will never ever live it down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 pm

lol deb it sounds like something you would see on funniest home videos!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed May 09, 2007 1:41 pm

yep i was a bridesmaid and all. very very embarrasing :oops:
slimmindown

Postby zoeh » Wed May 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Oh this thread is so good for a laugh!!!

i can't believe MEAT could actually go out your nose!! That's so funny...

Awww slimmindown! People should tell someone as soon as they notice such a thing!!!
zoeh

Postby slimmindown » Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm

my family are the kind that think whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger. O is it that they are just if they were laughing at me they were leaving some other poor censored alone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

another thing my family have done to me. I went out drinking with friends one xmas, I was staying in the caravan out the back as we were all home for xmas and being single thats were I was relagated.

They had set up an elaborate plan so that when I opened up the caravan door a bucket of water fell on my head. I had had a few and didnt quite get it at first. They were all standing inside the back window in fits of laugter. I then proceeded to take off my wet clothes and my BIL ran for the hills and my sister wet herself.

I then couldnt get my pants off and fell forward with them around my ankles into the van..my sister still gets the giggles when she thinks of it..

It beats the original plan of putting all dads chooks in the van so that when I opened the door I wouldve thought I was in the chicken coop.. :lol: :lol:

that is probably why they didnt tell me about my dress, nice kinda folks arent they... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
slimmindown

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 pm

The most embarrasing thing that I have done was work related. I get some really great emails sent to me at work - funny ones that you just want to send on. Well the other day my friend sent me a fantastic, though quite rude, email and I decided to send it on. I clicked all the boxes and sent it. About 2 minutes after I did that I realised that I had mistakening sent it to my boss you does not have a sense of humour. I was sooooooooo scared, and began to think of ways to get into his office, access his mail and delete it before he could read it. My other office colleagues were P&$^#&G themselves laughing (at the time I didn't find it at all amusing!!). Anyway later on that day I was saved as it was returned to me saying that his inbox was full and that it could not be delivered. Boy was I relieved. I removed his email from my machine so that it would never happen again - and believe me it hasn't. I have even emailed my friends to tell them to be careful with the content of emails that they send to me.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:30 pm

LOL i would have been changing my underwear michelle!! how scary! it seems like luck was on your side ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed May 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Michelle I did a similar thing too - I was sending a VERY personal email to my sister during a time when my life was like a soap opera drama - it was about my relationship breakdown, steamy hot new guy I was shagging (and a co-worker!), plans to quit my job, how much i hate my boss etc but instead of emailing my sister whose first name starts with "All" I emailed "All staff" instead :shock: :P :oops: :P I was able to recall the message, but plenty of people saw it before I realised the error of my way - hahaha.

Another time, (same company) I sent off my first marketing proposal for a big job we were hoping to win by tender. I didn't check the proposal thoroughly before giving it to the courier who was standing by to get it to the tender box on time. Can't be a minute late or you're out of the game.

Anyway, I gathered ALL of the paperwork on top of the printer and included some highly sensitive litigious letters at the back of the proposal from another company that was threatening legal action against us! :P

Needless to say, we didn't win the job. The guy did call and ask my boss why this letter was in there... he confronted me and was quite good about it and said "This is why I look at every page before I send it out. Have you ever seen me go through a proposal page by page? ..." blah blah blah. And he was right, of course. he also said 'That's the kind of mistake you never make twice,' and he was right ... again. I am sure he would've fired me if I did it again. Thank gawd for second chances - the hot steamy co-worker (from story 1) wasn't working there yet and we may not have ever met! hahaha :lol:

PS Zoe - that is a CLASSIC. Thanks for the giggle!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Just Chatting