It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Farmers

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Farmers

Postby Chelle » Thu May 10, 2007 2:50 pm

My husband works at a fertilise place & the famers recieved the rain that we recieved a few weeks ago & with the next lot of rain which I recied last night farmers should this week somtime which means that they can get ready for stating there crops so hopefully price of veggies & friut won't go up. Fingers cross
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri May 11, 2007 1:38 pm

I totally agree, the drought is having a devastating affect on everyone not just the farmers; and ultimately consumers will have to bear the burden of the drought by paying higher prices for produce. But a little bit of rain will not lower prices. What is needed are filled dams (everyone do as Howard suggest and prey :D ), desalination plants, better water policy and strategic management of water supply throughout all levels of government (and corporation too :) )

Actually not just fresh produce is being affected but all aspects of life. In Qld our power bill will be increased by 10% every quater as a result of the drought. We've had to take up measures to conserve water and install rainwater tanks and we recycle the grey water. And not only are we to monitor our water consumption so too is the government and if we exceed it we get fined :twisted:

I am missing my longer showers :cry: Four minutes to shower is not enough - sure for a guy it adequate for us gals we need more :lol: .

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 pm

hehe we have a little timer in our shower and when all the blue sand has gone thats it!! 4 minutes.
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting