It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am

Free Newsletter

Pain relif

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Pain relif

Postby Chelle » Sun May 20, 2007 1:42 am

Well I went to the gym last week & I overdone it as I knew doing weights after not going for 2 months after moving. My muscles were acking they were so swallon you could actually feel were it was swallon could hardly sit & my arms were sore as. Over the days I was at my mums house in Sydney everything was slowely starting to go back to normal except my tricep muscle. I thought that I torn my right tricep liguement, it was hard to sleep & pick up braydon so I ask my mum if she had any goanna oil or dankorub so handed me a bottle of elmore oil it is for arthiritis & sport related injuries. Within that day i applied it twice by the afternoon the pain was gone, so I hadn't torn it at all I was amazed in how quick it worked it is the best thing I have ever tried. I must buy a bottle for my self but I think it is quite expensive for a small bottle has anyone heard of it before???
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:58 am

wow never heard of elmore oil before! sounds like it has done wonders though :) mick uses goanna oil - comes in a red tin and its very ... fragrant lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Sun May 20, 2007 3:21 pm

I make my own using Emu Oil, it is one of the best natural anti-inflammitories (sp) there is. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby milkyway » Sun May 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I think that's what my mum uses for her arthritis. Sounds like good stuff. This sounds weird, but I had rhumetoid arthritis once for about 2 months - I picked up a tropical virus in Thailand called Typhus and was practically crippled by it with arthritis being one of the key symptoms. I was lucky in that I only had to live with it for a relatively short period of time while others live their lives like that everyday - so big sympathy from me on that front! The only thing that gave me relief was Advil or Act III. I didn't find any of the creams helped :( but I don't think I tried elmore oil.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Sun May 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Elmore oil is $20.00 for a small bottle you can buy it at the chemist mum said. She heard of it through channel 7 Today tonight it is rated in the top 5 oitments to help arthiritis.
Chelle

Postby Jisgone » Sun May 20, 2007 6:14 pm

if today tonight say its good then it must be true hehe :P ive never tried this one, but i have a friend who swears by it
Jisgone

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun May 20, 2007 8:23 pm

Fairie wrote:I make my own using Emu Oil, it is one of the best natural anti-inflammitories (sp) there is. :D

I use emu oil too for my excema (sp?) which I have on my hands :roll: It's better than the medicated stuff in terms of having to have it on my hands and it doesn't have the nasty side effects of thinning your skin etc, don't have to worry about it getting in my eyes or mouth and in combination with cutting out the known nasties it keeps it pretty well under control!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 pm

I use emu oil too for my excema (sp?) which I have on my hands It's better than the medicated stuff in terms of having to have it on my hands and it doesn't have the nasty side effects of thinning your skin etc, don't have to worry about it getting in my eyes or mouth and in combination with cutting out the known nasties it keeps it pretty well under control!

Hi Butterfly Dawn I also make an Excema Balm for my grandaughter using Essential Oils and Iodine, I never thought of using Emu Oil. She has it so bad she actually digs holes in her skin around her kness & elbows. Poor thing she is only 7 and I hope and pray she will be one of the lucky few that grow out of it.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun May 20, 2007 9:30 pm

oh I know that feeling, you just scratch and scratch and before you know it you have no skin left! I feel for her I truly do. My bloke keeps telling me "someone's itching to make a rash decision", which it good because it keeps me under control. The anti-inflammatory action is good for exczema because basically I think there's swelling of the dermis involved. And it helps with the dryness obviously.

I had exczema on my elbows and knees as a child but it was different to this on my hands -more stingy than itchy. I still remember going swimming at the beach and the pain of salt in raw exczema rash is woeful - but apparently good for it - I was in tears and couldn't get it to go away! The stuff on my hands really hates me eating those processed cheeses and dips - you know the ones on the cheese and nibbles platters. I steer away from those mostly now. Sugar I think isn't helpful for me either.
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Sun May 20, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun May 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh your poor little girl, Fay :( My best friend Todd has eczema really badly all over his body and when it flares up half his face and the rest of his body is so red raw and inflamed, I feel so sorry for him :( He's tried heaps of things, steriods, hospital treatments etc etc, nothing helps :(
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 pm

wow can creams really thin your skin?! how scary!!

BTW everyone, fay makes great products :) her hand cream is divine.

my niece has had ezcema since she was born and she has to wear cotton gloves all the time
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 10:28 am

A good friend of mine neice & nephew are what you call it bubble people. They are elergic to anything & everything they both have to be wrapped in wetstrapping everynight they can only eat organic product that has to be hand made whith looks like spew & smells disgusting, I feel so sorry everyday there mum has to wash there sheets & vacumes the house 4 times a day as the slighest bit of dust on them they flair up in rashes. One of them starts school next year & there mum has agreed with the school to buy one of them dyson $800 vaccum cleaners for the class room she has to go in there everymoring & vacum the room before he even starts class. The list can go on I have never know anyone like them not only to have one child like this but for both of them to be as bad as eachother
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue May 22, 2007 1:39 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:wow can creams really thin your skin?! how scary!!

yep - I can't remember the corticosteroid can thin your skin which is why you shouldn't get them anywhere near sensitive places like your eyes etc.

http://www.appco.com.au/appguide/drug.a ... 3278&t=cmi

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Just Chatting