It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 am

Free Newsletter

Another Planet

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Planet

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 1:33 pm

I made a baked dinner last night because i hadn't had red meat for a while & I was making the gravey to go with it my first attempt I was distracted by the kids I left the flour & water in the stove & went to stir it & it turned into like a big lump of playdoe so I threw it out & started again 2nd attempt I used up the last bit of flour I had in the cupboard didn't leave it this time, got it to the right consitincy added the beef stock to it because I don't add fatty juices oil from the roast to it went to put parisian browning essence & realised I put vanilla essence in instead. I must of been on another planet so again I had to throw it out. I had no flour left so I used packet stuff instead. I could not be bothered to put the kids in the car & drive to the shops to get flour. But it turned out good anyway.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:59 pm

lol snaps for you for making home made gravy. i dont have time lol good old gravox does the trick haha. but i ahve to admit home made gravy is divine.

Postby Sassygirl » Fri May 25, 2007 4:17 pm

I love making homemade gravy - yummy. I also keep a couple of packets of the already made up ones in the cupboard for emergencies. I remember doing something similar with home made custard when I first got married - I tried twice myself and ended up throwing it away - then I rang my hubbies grandmother and she came and showed me the error in my ways. It is funny now but back then it was not so funny!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Return to Just Chatting