It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 am

Free Newsletter

what annoys you about your partner?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

what annoys you about your partner?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:06 pm

you know that simpsons episode where homer and marge go to couples counselling for a weekend and marge sit there and tells everyone all these things she ant stand about homer and it goes for hours and then they head to bed because its like midnight?

well the other night i sat and talked to mick about what annoys me about him and what annoys him about me. its quite interesting and even though we say that when we are in love we accept our partners for who they are including their little habits and quirks- theres not mistaking that it can get quite annoying.

well things that annoy me about my fiance are;

sniffing- he sniffs all the time! he wont go to the drs to get it checked

spills coffee on the bench at 5am and doesnt wipe it up

takes the rubbish out but forgets the recycling

drinks his home brew and leaves the bottles on the kitchen window sill so he can wash them one day

wears clothes and then puts them on the spare bed instead of putting them in the laundry basket or folding them and putting them away

... hmmm thats all i can think of aT THE moment

his key annoyance with me was my hair falling out and everywhere he looks including on his own self, he can see my hair. also he doesnt like how indecisive i am- e.g we will go shopping and ill pick something up to buy and justify why we need it and then just before the check up i put it down and justify why we arent buying it.
Last edited by kate_turner2000 on Fri May 25, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kate_turner2000

Re: what annoys you about your partner?

Postby KarinAnn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:10 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:he doesnt like how indecisive i am- e.g we will go shopping and ill pick something up to buy and justify why we need it and then just before the check up i put it down and justify why we arent buying it.

I had to laugh at this. I do that almost every time i go shopping!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:18 pm

he is ALWAYS late. No matter what for. He will be 15-30min late, guaranteed. I on the other hand am ALWAY early by about 15 mins. I've learned to accept it most of the time when I'm waiting for him, but when we're going somewhere together it drives me crazy cause I'm rushing to get there and he's dawdling!!!

And he wears his clothes and then puts them on the chest at the end of the bed 'to wear another day' (I also have my own pile) but he never wears them again. So inevitably ever month or so I have to nag him to go through the mountain of clothes and work out which ones he wants washed and which ones he wants to ACTUALLY wear again. This is usually when he says "Tegan, I can't find any X, do you know where they are?" and there's like 15 T-shirts, 5 pairs of jeans, 7 jumpers and 3 singlets in the pile. :roll: HOW CAN YOU HAVE 15 T-SHIRTS TO WEAR AGAIN? WOULDN'T YOU HAVE JUST GOT TO NUMBER 3 AND WORN ONE OF THEM AGAIN NEXT TIME YOU WANT A T-SHIRT???
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Fri May 25, 2007 9:12 pm

I think we have been married too long, I really can't think of anything annoying that DH does. :? :lol:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 pm

I 've been marriage for 5 1/2 years & been with him for 9 I think I'm just use to him I can't think of any either. oh one thing just come to mind. Toilet rolls - when it's just about to the end he dosen't use the rest of it he will go & grab another roll & start to use that one so he dosen't have to throw the empty roll in the bin.
Chelle

Postby electrongirl » Fri May 25, 2007 10:13 pm

my hubby can't REALLY help it but he has a TERRIBLE memory and hearing.

I can tell him something 10 times and it still gets forgotten or he doesn't recall anything.

I show him how to do something a million times and it still gets done wrong.

Thats about all, but it tends to happen everyday at least once.....

we don't fight about it but it drives me CRAZY!!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 pm

FARTING - that is the one thing that really annoys me about my husband - and he will think nothing of doing the "dutch oven" to me .... lol
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Lolly » Sun May 27, 2007 11:30 pm

I think after this weekend I would do a Marge and keep you hear all night :roll:

My hubby leaves things till the last minute in the hope I will do it. He works away and comes home Thursday night - then on SUNDAY AFTERNOON he asks me where I put his clean clothes :evil:

I had to "gently" tell him that I work too (Friday when he is NOT working, I do a 12 hour day and then Saturday I run around after kids at sport and try and get the shopping etc done) and that HIS clothes are HIS responsibility because I am cooking, cleaning, washing, driving, caring and looking out for the boys and myself and he is big and ugly enough to do one load of washing a week and get it dry by Sunday night.

Honestly I did tell him "gently" :twisted:

Please note, Bob will probably do his own load of washing for the next few weeks and not expect me to find time for it - then he will conveniently "forget" about it and I will have to "gently" remind him again of the lack of time I have................ *sighs*
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby yummymummy » Mon May 28, 2007 12:29 pm

My hubby snores and boy oh boy I have concidered sufficating him some nights when I have been kept awake with this discusting noise, it drives me insane!! and when I poke him to get him to stop he acts like he is the hard done by one and I should just get over it!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 2:11 pm

try recording him snoring and then play it at full bore to wake him up. :lol: My dad snores so bad when the bloke first heard it he pissed himself laughing.

I can sympathise with the memory thing - my bloke has the memory of a goldfish and the hoarding talents of Scrat (from Ice Age...nuts...nuts...NUTS)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Poor me! My husband does most of the above including the clothes pile, farting, the toilet rolls and a particularly annoying one which is getting a drink of water with one glass, leaving it on the bench and then half an hour later drinking some more water but with a new glass and so on and so on so by the end of the night there are at least six glasses lined up on the kitchen bench waiting for me to wash them!! Arrgh! I have seriously considered locking the cupboards. He also hates my hairs everywhere but that's nothing compared to all his stuff!!
Liz :evil:
bluebox451

Postby Dotti » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:24 am

... he frequently comes over with take-away for two :oops:
Dotti

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:12 am

thought i would bring this topic up again...

mick does home brew and was bleaching out all his gear yesterday- goes to the linen cupboard and uses my good towel for his bleaching stuff! thanks!!! he couldnt grab the dingy rag looking towel!
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 am

Hahahaha so sorry - I just had to laugh.

I get annoyed by little things... Like heavy breathing (when awake), eating loudly (or any mouth noises) and not cleaning up after yourself...

HOWEVER - I must admit... Nothing annoys me about Jye. I hate cleaning after I cook... But from day one we decided when I cook - he'll clean. He's overall a great guy.

I just wish he'd send me flowers! I stupidly told him once that I hate flowers (because they die)... And I completely regret saying that!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 am

I just wish he'd send me flowers! I stupidly told him once that I hate flowers (because they die)... And I completely regret saying that!!!

SEE they remember THOSE kind of things!!! But not the stuff you want them to remember!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting