It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:14 am

Free Newsletter

Subject: Warning from Brisbane Police

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 2:17 pm

WARNING***

Please circulate this following warning to everyone you know.

This actually happened a few weeks ago right here near Fairfield in Brisbane. It was early evening and a young lady stopped to get petrol at a Quix. She filled her tank and walked into the store to pay for her petrol. The cashier told her "Don't pay for your petrol yet.....walk around the store for a while and act as if you're picking up some other things to buy. A man just got into the back of your car. I've called the police and they're on their way".

When the police arrived, they found the man in the back seat of the girl's car and asked him what he was doing. He replied, he was joining a gang and the initiation to join is to kidnap a woman and bring her back to the gang to be raped by every member of the gang. If the woman was still alive by the time they finish with her then they let her go.

According to the police that night, there is a new gang forming here originating from Wetherill Park.

The scary part of this is because the guy didn't have a weapon on him. The police could only charge him with trespassing.... He's back on the street and fee to try again.

Please be aware of what's going on around you and for your family and friends. LADIES you or one of your family and friends could be the next victim.

Please forward this on to everyone you know.

Please do not discard this message it is very important that everyone Knows what is happening.

A similar event took place on 7 March 2002 at a 7-Eleven servo in Wynnum.

Please be careful when leaving your vehicle and make sure it is ALWAYS Locked to prevent this from happening to you.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:20 pm

Another hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/backseat.asp

and there is nothing on the Qld police website about this either - so much for the warning from Brisbane police. I strongly doubt any reputable organisation - let alone government agency - would send out a warning on e-mail.

Please please please always check these things before your forward them. They are invariably hoaxes and do nothing but cause trouble for the police through enquiries from concerned members of the public and create fear and hysteria.
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Fri May 25, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Oh well I though that it was serious I was just letting everyone know that if it was true.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:52 pm

That's ok Chelle, I didn't mean for the above post to be rude (I can be a bit direct sometimes and I have a habit of repudiating any hoax I get forwarded :oops: ). I'm just of the opinion that I need to correct them when I see them and 'set the record straight' and encourage others to think critically about these types of e-mails.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:55 pm

lol my firne dis always sending me snopes links to tell me whats correct or incorrect- i hate it when she is right :roll: :lol:
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 3:02 pm

LOL, all my work colleagues now come to me with myths and hoaxes and say "Tegan can you check to see if it's really true that Pantene coats your hair in plastic and is bad for it?" (for example) - BTW this is not true. And i have the nickname Ms Mythbuster

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 3:09 pm

wow ive never heard that about pantene. ive heard it doesnt actually clean the hair though only gives it like a 'treatment'. wonder if thats true?
kate_turner2000

Postby talia11 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:13 pm

I will tell you, as a former Police Officer - this sort of thing DOES happen - but in cases where it has - tehre hasn't been a nice bowser attendant to stop the crime before it happens... oh, and the offenders usually aren't guys on hazing rituals... love the urban legends though....lol...
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:41 pm

was it hard being a cop carmen? (im being serious! ive always wanted to know!)
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Fri May 25, 2007 7:33 pm

From what I've heard Pantene has silicone in it which puts a coating on your hair, thus why it appears so shiny etc...Alot of hairdressers ask you if you have used Pantene before they dye your hair, as apparently it doesnt dye as well as it should..

I'm over supermarket shampoo's...I think they all all crap...yes they might make your hair nice but they have wayyyy 2 many chemicals in them!I'm using a natural one at the moment, and treating my hair with natural remedies...he he put avocado in it the other day, made it really nice.

And as for that email, its horrible! When I was reading it I realised I had heard it before. Even though it didnt happen the scary thing is there are gang's/sickos out there doing that sorta thing! Always lock ya door if your by yourself!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:01 pm

i never really thought of using natural shampoo or conditioner before. i usually just grab whatever i can thats on special at woolies lol. mick goes through so much shampoo and conditioner and he has a number 2 hair cut! i have to keep teaching him that he only needs a 20cent size blob!
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Fri May 25, 2007 8:46 pm

LOL yeh you dont need 2 use that much shampoo!! He he stupid men! :lol: . The shampoo and conditioner Im using at the mo is Natural Instincts...got it from the chemist. Is aussie and all natural.

I've been looking online alot and have put some weird things in my hair, pure mayonaise is fantastic...the avocado was great too but messy lol...also have put olive oil, honey and egg in my hair as well. It's amazing how natural products are so good 4 us :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Fairie » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm

That is why I make my own using a natural base and adding Essential Oil's to it. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 10:05 pm

what is the recipe for shampoo I would love to make my own
Chelle

Postby electrongirl » Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 pm

apparently the Pantene silicone story is rubbish aswell!

Its a ploy by hairdressers too sell the more expensive salon only shampoos.

I read up on it recently and apparently pantene has won heaps of awards for their formulas and stuff.

So I am going to go back to using it!!!! I used to love my hair when I used it!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting