It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Subject: Warning from Brisbane Police

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby milkyway » Fri May 25, 2007 10:26 pm

electrongirl wrote:So I am going to go back to using it!!!! I used to love my hair when I used it!

I spent a small fortune on salon hair products and none of them ever did as good a job as Pantene, so guess what I'm using again :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby *KaTe* » Fri May 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Im not 2 sure about the whole Pantene thing...i can understand hairdressers saying it to sell you salon products, but i remember the hairdresser mum went to didnt try and sell her other products, she just didnt want to dye her hair if she used the shampoo...

And Chelle I think I will start a topic in the Health n beauty section over the w/end, and put in some natural shampoo recipes etc. I bought an e-book off ebay with over 500 natural recipes for soaps, conditions, shampoo's etc! So will share them! :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:46 pm

yeah we have been using pantene lately too. its a bit more expensive but i like it. fay makes beautiful natural products!!
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 pm

most hair salons I have been to say "Don't use supermarket shampoos, use such and such..." and I end up spending over $100 on something that doesn't make my hair any different to a $5 shampoo, I used to always use pantene then this big thing came out about the silcone etc. So I stopped using it.

After reading the articles on the net and other places saying that its not true I will be going back to it!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby *KaTe* » Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 pm

I think its bad when people try and sell you products that are more expensive and obviously no better than supermarket shampoos. At the end of the day they are all full of chemicals etc, so whats the difference?

I over dyed my hair and it used to be really bad, but now I'm loving my hair as I havent dyed it in over 7 months, am going back to my natural colour, which suprisenly I am loving! Im also growing it really long so am just giving it a break from colours etc.My hair also feels alot nicer and I dunno, I'm going hippy styles and trying to keep as much chemicals off my hair as possible!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby electrongirl » Sat May 26, 2007 12:42 am

I wish my natural colour was nice, but its a horrible mousy brown which looks almost grey.

I have been dying it since I was 15!! my poor hair!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:38 am

hey kate im embracing my natural hair colour too. it used to be blonde and then went darker over the years and now its a brownish blonde. i always have people stopping me and saying what a nice colour my hair is and my hairdresser used to curse me for changing the colour because it was nice. same with my curls. i dont straighten my hair nearly as much as before.
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat May 26, 2007 6:28 pm

Hahah I've been dying my hair since I was 11!!!!
I agree about buying salon shampoos & conditioners, I find that they do nothing for my hair!!! I've been using Organic Care just from Woolies for AGES, it's like $3.50 a bottle or something.. I think my hair needs a change though so will try something different soon...
I do think that salon products like wax/curling stuff/gel are a LOT better though!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat May 26, 2007 9:45 pm

I used Pantene once and it made my hair feel fantastic and soft for the first wash. Then after a couple of washes I noticed my hair had a coated feel to it and it looked so shiny not in a good way in a greasy way, which made me feel unclean :x .

Salons can be so pushy with selling their products. I go to Oscar Oscar and there shampoos and conditioners are $60 each. I'm now using this shampoo I bought from the health food shop. It's chemical free and its doing wonders for my hair which is ruined from all the dying and daily hair straightening.

But I have to say that I love the smell of fruity shampoos like herbal essences.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat May 26, 2007 9:47 pm

It's funny how one thread that is supposed to be about crime prevention turns to talk of shampoo hahaha....

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Sun May 27, 2007 9:26 am

KATE WROTE
Chelle I think I will start a topic in the Health n beauty section over the w/end, and put in some natural shampoo recipes etc. I bought an e-book off ebay with over 500 natural recipes for soaps, conditions, shampoo's etc! So will share them!

That would be great kate. I have always wanted to know how you make it Thankyou
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 2:55 pm

1) I am fully aware crimes like the one in the initial post happen (unfortunately) but they generally don't happen en masse and if they did I am betting the police would have a note on their website or have gone on TV to warn people if that was required. Honestly, this hoax is a bit like an old fashioned fairy tale designed to scare people into obeying the moral of the story. You're best to be sensible re safety (and let's face it, crimes can happen in any way, in any place), but you're more likely to be in a car crash than involved in a crime of this magnitude.

2) most shampoos have pretty much the same stuff in them, just variations on a theme. Take a copy of what is in them and compare.

3) your mother's hairdresser may fully believe the stuff about sillicone in Pantene and may have been honestly concerned that it wouldn't work. She may not have been tryng to sell her expensive product but simply duped by the same myth - not entirely beyond the scope of reality given that while hairdressers are trained in what they do, they are by and large not chemistry grauates and would only be going on what they have been told will hapen if they mix x with y.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby *KaTe* » Mon May 28, 2007 6:54 pm

3) your mother's hairdresser may fully believe the stuff about sillicone in Pantene and may have been honestly concerned that it wouldn't work. She may not have been tryng to sell her expensive product but simply duped by the same myth - not entirely beyond the scope of reality given that while hairdressers are trained in what they do, they are by and large not chemistry grauates and would only be going on what they have been told will hapen if they mix x with y.[/quote]

lol yeh cool...

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Previous

Return to Just Chatting