It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 am

Free Newsletter

MP3 player for idiots...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

MP3 player for idiots...

Postby Dancing Queen » Sun May 27, 2007 8:55 pm

I thought I'd post here, as there seems to be alot of traffic.

I go walking with my old fashioned radio. I want to get an MP3 player and put some of my own music on and also download some music from the net or scrounge from friends.

I don't have alot of money and also, have looked at some in the shops and they don't have a belt clip. I don't like IPOD design or price, or the fact it needs it's own designer wardrobe.

I'm just wondering if there are any cheapish ones on the market. I'm looking at $60.00 maximum.

Then, how do they work? Are they like a digital camera where you install the software and then download the music from your PC to the MP3 player and do they use a USB port (cause I can't afford to get any other techo post in my computer) to connect to?

I jus find when I am walking and have good music on, then it's more enjoyable. I'm sick of the radio commercials and the ring in games etc. I just want to listen to music.
Dancing Queen

Postby electrongirl » Mon May 28, 2007 12:52 am

there are soooo many MP3 players out there.

For $60 you will be looking at something about 1gb. Which is plenty if you only want it to go walking with.

Target, Strathfield, JB Hifi, Dick Smith... all these places sell quite good ones starting from the cheap to the top end.

Most of them are USB connections so all you need to do is install it on your PC, most will have their own software.

Maybe do a google search for reviews, also Choice online is great for this sort of thing too.

Good luck and hope you find something!!

PS: I have an iPod mini and love it!! but it was $300..
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby yummymummy » Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Ijus brought my girlfriend a samsung MP3 player for about $75, it holds heaps of songs, looks good is easy to use, seems to stay charged for ages and does the job !!
Ive got a sony walkman-mp3 player thingie desinged for running with it which is the best thing EVER but it cost about $200.
Shop around JB HIFI is a good place to start
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Fairie » Mon May 28, 2007 1:53 pm

:lol: :lol: This post got my attention, I have wanted a MP3 player for walking too but I have absolutely no idea what to buy, how to download or anything else about it. :?
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby yummymummy » Mon May 28, 2007 2:33 pm

downloading is easy! I use blubster to get music because its free, but there are heaps of sites about and I transfer the music onto the mp3 using the software that comes with the player, its really easy you just have to follow the instructions
I had no idea when I first got my player but I got used to iit pretty quick
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Dotti » Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 pm

If you're not a computer wizz, I suggest getting a MP3 USB player. It's the easiest way to transfer songs from your computer to your MP3 player. I found my first MP3 USB player with 1GB on ebay for around $40 including shipping. 1GB can easily store 200-250 songs. Being a USB player, you can transfer your song files using the simple "My Computer" and then drag and drop files into your USB drive. (Some MP3 USB players require you to set up some software first, which is easy. The MP3 player should come with a CD which has all the setup you need).

As for downloading music, I use a program called "Limewire". You can easily download this program from http://www.download.com and follow the simple downloading steps. Takes about 1-2 minutes to download the program and 1-2 minutes to download the song you want. Click on "Audio" and start searching your favourite tracks!

I've used a USB, ipod mini and ipod nano. My USB lasted me for about 1 year. Ipod mini for 1 year. Ipod nano now for 1.5 years. The ipod nano being my favourite. Small, stylish and sturdy. PM me if you need any help :D Hope this helps.
Dotti

Postby Dancing Queen » Tue May 29, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks Dotti and others.

My friend told me about limewire. I looked at the site and thats about it. I tried to join the BigPond music site yesterday and after filling in the bloomin registration and taking ages to put in my details it came up "service unavaiable" :roll: So typical of telstra. I don't mind paying 99cents for a track.

I have a JBHiFi next door to me...well a 3 minute walk which I think I can manage on my next day off.

I went for a walk this morning and all I heard on the radio in about 40 minutes were 4 songs and bullshit chit chat. :x
Dancing Queen

Return to Just Chatting