It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Mums & Dads Chat

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Chelle » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:14 pm

No it probly isn't very encouraging Ally but I have gotton to the point where I can't be up at that time every single morning I get to tied througout the day. I try to put brays back to bed every single morning but it just seem when his up he's wide awake until he goes to bed at 8:30 at night & still wakes up at 4:30am with or without a day sleep it does not make a difference.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:20 pm

is he able to stay in his room until a certain time? i wont get heidi out of bed until after 7am. if she is awake before it she plays in her cot until i get her out. are you able to tell him to play in his room and when the clock reaches a certain time (put a clock in his room) then he is allowed to come out?
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi chelle my little boy is 4 1/2 and he wakes up everyday without fail at 5.15 on the dot. and I mean ON THE DOT! I used to get up with him, and my god does the day seem to go longer when you get up at that time! I have to be up until midnight each night, so 5 hours sleep is not enough for me (I have the neighbours kids come over, they are 6 and 8 in the evenings and eat dinner with us and watch a movie and sleepover until mum finishes work at midnight. wierd arrangement, I know :) but she needs the help) anyway, my little boy comes in, hops into my bed and watches a video until 6.00am when we get up and have breaky together...I like kates idea of getting him to stay in his room until a certain time :) I think its ok to leave them for a bit as long as there is nothing they can hurt themselves on
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34 pm

I know how you feel Chelle, and I understand your frustration as I have been there with my own girl....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:57 am

He won't stay in his room, he will just open the door & come out I try it every morning, so there goes that idea. plus he is in a bed now, when he was in a cot he would play in there for hours & would't want to come out until 8am, plus atm he shares a room with his brother josh until we move into a 4 bedroom home, they have shared a room together for over a year now, so both boys are used to it. It could be the cold that is why he is waking up I don't know thanks for your ideas!!!
Chelle

Postby zojo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Chelle wrote:1. how do/did you deal with toddler tantrums[/color]

Braydon use to headbutt the floor or the wall when he was chucking a tantrum

Image OMG...My 21 m.o. DS has just started this caper Image

I'm not sure what to do about this..I just let him go or pick him up and give him a hug :shock: :oops: I don't want him to get a headache from banging on the floor :?

*okay..I'm going to go and put my Image Dunce hat on now and sit in the corner *
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Yeah braydon finally sleeped in till 6:45am in the morning & josh followed suit 15min later. I wore them out last night when I went to the gym & done a boxing class. Because it night time they get to have freedom to play in the big kids play gym instead other than a tiny room that they would normally get minded in at the morning. It's a pitty the gym does childminding at night monday to wednesday other wise I would go everynight. I hope braydon sleep in tomorrow
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:57 pm

ZOJO WROTE

I'm not sure what to do about this..I just let him go or pick him up and give him a hug I don't want him to get a headache from banging on the floor

Braydon is out of that habbit thank god but keep doing what you are doing & eventually you little 21 m.o will hopefully grow out of this nasty habbit
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:02 pm

hey chelle thats great the gym has childminding. it makes things a lot easier for parents i can imagine :) heidi slept til 8.30am this morning. i didnt know what to do! lol. she did wake up for her dummy at 5 though.

heidi throws tantrums where she bangs her head on the ground. i just move her to the carpet and walk away and she soon stops when she realises it hurts. it mustnt be hurting her too bad because she hasnt had any bruises or carpet burn. then she comes over for a cuddle lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Braydon use to get brusises every now & them not only from banging his head on the ground he use to also pick somthing hard up & hit his head with it.

Yeah the gym is good for childminding it is my me time away from the kids except this gym I go to now is funny with childminding with the hours like I whish they extended the hours wednesday night so I can try pole dancing or have childminding thursday or friday nights so I can try out some different classes. The gym was better in port with childming they have childminding 6 days a week where this one dosent.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:38 pm

yeah it would be better if they were open more hours, they would probably get more people go to the classes on those nights if they did.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:57 pm

It was the first time I went at night at this gym & it was packed out with kids so I can't understand why they don't do childminding on thursday night I can understand friday because people are busy but they should do it thursday night I might ask when I go there next time
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:13 pm

aw heidi had her chicken pox injection this morning. poor thing. i had to hold her and she squirmed and screamed. she was ok after about 30 secs because the nurse gave her a sticker- dont know where it is i think she dropped it during her tantrum in the dr's surgery because she wanted to play with the toys in the toy box. grrrr.

kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:50 pm

Poor thing, I remember when josh had his 4 year old needles late last year & they put stickers over where he had the needles & I could not get the stickes off him for days he was calling them his tattoo's like daddy's. Kids can say the cutest things!!!
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:52 pm

haha tattoos! how cute

kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting