It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Mums & Dads Chat

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:30 pm

happy birthday dane!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Ok, I have a question for all the mummies/daddies out there :D
MY little boy is flat our refusing to eat anything but pasta and rice bubbles. This has been going on for a week now...Im just concerned that he wont be getting all he needs nutritionally?? :shock: He eats- Rice bubbles & full fat milk for breaky,plain pasta with cheese for lunch and then pasta with cheese for dinner...doesnt want any snacks (not even naughties like ice cream! :shock: ) If I refuse and give him something else, he just wont eat it...(I tried giving him an egg for breaky, and then lunch, and he refused so had nothing until I gave in at 7pm and gave him pasta with cheese!) My mum said that when I was 3 I refused to eat anything but sprinkle sandwiches for a whole month...but tha it was a phase and just passed :( Im still worried though...hes not too skinny or anything though :( Any ideas woiuld be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:31 pm

hey gracie

let him go and continue to feed him those things. he is eating which is great and sometimes its hard because you dont know if theyre getting everything they need nutritionally. my mum always tells me too that i went through phases where all id have was tinned spagetti, or cheese, or vegemite sandwiches etc. id continue to offer your son the other foods (at dinner time we give heidi whatever we are having) and make sure you have his favourites on hand :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 pm

I always lived by the principal that if that is all my kids eat, then that is what I would give them....Dr Green (can't remember his first name) always said that if your child just wants to eat a peanut butter sandwich then give it to him...they will not starve....it certainly worked for me with my kids and it saves a lot of hassle at dinner time....sure it may not be the most nutrionally sound meal, but it is not coke and cocoa pops either....they will soon grown out of it!!! Don't force the issue and don't make a big deal out of it and I guarantee he will soon go onto other things!! My four kids grew up with this principal and they are all happy and healthy kids who eat a wide variety of fruits/veges/nuts/meats and carbs now!! I hope this helps you a little :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Thanks for the replies guys :) It has really put my mind at ease :D
He had his dinner tonight of...you guess it! Pasta and cheese! LOL but he did have a glass of milk (normally will only drink water, which I am SO happy with :lol: cos I know so many kids that scrunch their noses up at water!) so maybe thats some progress?? :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 pm

yep he will have it if he wants it. as i said keep offering him other things as well :) heidi only drinsk water. she stopped drinking milk as soon as i weaned her from her bottle at 12 months old. she wont touch juice or anything else only water! :shock:
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 pm

I'm in the same boat with braydon, but I'm not worried about it because he eats when he want's to eat his not going to starve himself, he is a verry fussy eater I just let him go if he want to eat ceral for dinner or yoguart with fruit pices & yes the only thing he will eat on sandwiches is sprinkle for 3 months now he wont try anything else, I'm not worried because when he get's a bit older hopefully his taste buds will change & when I give him a caramel milkshake once a week i slip in a raw egg in it to give him vitamins that he needs & also I give him kids supplement tablets that you get from a health food shop once a day. Hope this helps
Chelle

Postby Fireball » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:20 am

I remember when I was doing Kung Fu years ago. After a training session I would tuck into a huge bowl of cheese & pasta. I loved the stuff so I reckon you little one has good taste. (I could also eat it then without putting on weight)

I guess from what you are saying, they dont want anything with the pasta. I always try to sneak in fruit & veg. Try to make fun out of it, and don't act desperate, be creative, eg. cut large carrot slices so they vaguely look like a star or a clown sandwich with eyes, mouth, nose & lettuce hair, but you are making it "for yourself." After they see what your doing, offhandedly say, "I'm having stars /clown for lunch. Oh, do you want a few stars/ a little clown ?" If they don't, ignore it. If you make it into a big deal they will too.

A philisophy I wish I learnt to use a bit earlier with my kids - "don't turn a broken egg into a broken leg." So often we worry that we are not perfect parents and fuss over things then in 5 years no-one remembers anyway. They will be better off remembering a happy Mum than a stressed fussy one.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:00 am

great advice there fireball :) i second that *raises hand*
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:42 am

Thanks fireball :) Ill give it a go for sure!
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:29 pm

ewwwwww

today i went to put heidi down for a sleep and i checked the back of her nappy to see if she had done a poo and she had! it was all up her back and i stuck my fingers in it! yuck!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Oooh no! Dont u hate that Kate :lol: hehe is it in your nails??? :D lol god I dont miss nappies! Thank god my little one is toilet trained now...other than the odd morning when he gets into my bed and pees on me :shock: we're doing well!
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:09 pm

LOL gotta love the pee! that hasnt happened to me yet thank god but i dont have nails but i scrubbed them for about 5 minutes with soap lol. i decided she was due for bigger nappies so i brought her some today so hopefully that holds the poo in so it doesnt escape out the back of the nappy haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 pm

Don't ya just love those nappies, it has been a while that I have had one of those.. Bring back memories Kate, I remember when josh was in the jolly jumper & had one of those nappies it went up the back & right down to the toes he was wearing an all in one piece suit & I think jumping around made it worst. lol
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:49 pm

Oh no Chelle! :D hehe its all so funny in retrospect :D Thats good that you went up a nappy size kate, hopefully itll solve your problem :) I remember my mum babysitting my son at her place and she changed his nappy ( a big poo) and carried it to the loo to flush it down...well by the time she got there, no poo! :shock: LOL She searched and searched and NEVER found it! hahahahaha still cracks me up! She was so worried and grossed out too! hehe :D
Playboy_bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting