It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Mums & Dads Chat

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:44 am

oh girls these stories are cracking me up. the things these babies do to us!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:35 pm

What age do you think is apperpoiet to give a child an electric blanket Josh just turned 5 I give him a hot water bottle every night when he goes to bed & the blankets are piled high so that he is warm at night same with braydon. I don't know if I should buy him one now or should I wait a few more years till he is older. It has been years I think 3 years since he has wet his bed but you never know I would hate for him to get electricuted or if braydon has a misshap for instence.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 pm

hey chelle

you can now get waterproof electric blankets that are printed with kids pictures (Like dinosaurs or something). just incase he has a mishap or throws up in bed one or something. you never know with kids lol. but just make sure you are the one that controls the power and stuff and not him.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 pm

Oh I didnt know you could get waterproof ones Kate! Ill definately be looking into that for connor :D I give him a hot water bottle and 2 doonas too chelle :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 pm

I've never seen them around before Kate, I worked at bigw & they never sold them there where abouts do you buy them from??.

Playboy_bunny: Both boys are deffinetly well rugged up just that he likes hopping into my bed because it is warm.
Chelle

Postby emma21 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 pm

Totally unrelated to electric blankets - sorry :)

Bubba is 6 months old and I think its time he went into his own room. We have 3 bedrooms here, Miss 3 is in the one next to ours and the spare one is just up the hall way.

I'm not sure where to put Mr 6 Months :? Should I put him in Miss 3's room and move her to the spare one or put him into the spare room. Miss 3 has slept on the bed in the spare room a few times and hasnt had a problem finding our room in the dark so thats why I am considering moving her. But on the other hand, I dont want her to feel that she is getting moved just so her brother can have her room. (Although, when I 'discussed' it with her a while ago she seemed more than happy to move)

Whats the best approach?
emma21

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:10 pm

hmmm I think if you really want the bub to go into miss 3s room, then ask her to swap, but make a big deal out of it....like let her pick out a new doona covr or paint or curtains or something and make it really pretty and girly so she feels special, and so she see's that its HER room, not that she thinks she's being 'pushed' out for the bub? Hope thats helpful! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:51 am

yes move the baby in the room closest to you. and i agree with gracie make a big deal about making her room special with things like a quilt cover and maybe those stikarounds wall pictures and so on. maybe get her to pick something cool for her brothers new room because she is 'the big sister and he cant pick it on his own'.

chelle they were in a catalogue. theyre from sunbeam. not sure of the price but i know if it was heidi i would rather her safe and pay a bit extra. theres some information about them here:
http://www.sunbeam.com.au/product_docum ... ble_IB.pdf
and they look like this:
kate_turner2000

Postby Ses » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:14 am

I let my boys share ... the older one lasted a few months and then was ready for his own space.......
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby Chelle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:17 pm

My boys share a room to but deffinetly would have you 6 month old in the next bedroom & your daughter into the other room like gracie said buy her somthing to go into her new room so that she dosen't feel left out. You could probly trail her in the new room to see if she likes it.

Thanks Kate i will look into it..
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:48 pm

took heidi to the clinic for her weighing and her 18 month check (a month late due to the fact that her nurse was on a holiday overseas). her nurse says to me "she has got the behaviour and development of a 2- 2.5 year old" my reply... "don't i know it!" she reckons all the boys will be chasing her when she gets older, but at least she can defend herself- if another child hits her she will go out of her way to hit them back haha. funny now but i dont think it will be funny later on in life :P :shock:
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:03 pm

LOL I don't have to go through that I only have boy's. She's a cutey deffinately going to have to look out Kate when she get's older!!
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:22 pm

That's probably because you spend so much quality time with Heidi, Kate. She certainly is a cutie. You'll have to put her into karate lessons or something!!!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:47 pm

hi!!! any advice on getting ear piercing done for a little girl let me know! looking at getting heidis ears pierced and just seeing if anyone else has been through it?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm

If you get her earpierce make sure that they do both ear at the same time. That way it is over & done with & she won't be screaming if only one ear done she probley wont want to sit there for the other ear to be pierced.
Have mick with you or you mum with you she still young & it might bring tears to you eye's, just for support & to hold her.

If you get it done, take some pics of her & post it on the forum.
Chelle

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting