It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 am

Free Newsletter

mmm corgi...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

mmm corgi...

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:34 pm

kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Do you want fries with that!?!?!?!?!?? :shock:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Chelle » Wed May 30, 2007 3:56 pm

YUCK!!!!!!!
Chelle

Postby *KaTe* » Wed May 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Ewwwwwwww....can understand why he has done it in Protest though....I find any kind of hunting discusting, especially when the animal suffers. If it is a clean shot and is killed instantly and didnt know any better then fair enough, but when people drag out the kill it reallllllly angers me...

At the end of the day as my dad said to me, people would eat S HIT if it was on a clean plate...I believe this saying lol!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Fairie » Thu May 31, 2007 1:53 pm

I am absolutley disscusted in the lengths some people will go to to get their point across and I believe this type of action is only to feed their ego's.

I grew up on a farm and we killed our own meat and shot foxes that were always killing our chooks or baby Lambs. Have you ever seen the cruelty animals inflict upon each other?

My husband is a pot hunter and he only shoots or catches what we need to eat.

If I could I would have Sport Shooting / Fishing banned, where is the sport in killing? :evil:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby *KaTe* » Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 pm

I'm not quite sure if your having a go at me Fairie, was only stating what I thought...

I totally understand what its like on the farm, my dad owned a farm when i was younger and I have seen some pretty discusting things in my time. I have no issue with people killing animals for meat etc...my issue is people dragging the process out longer than what it has to be. And yes of course I've seen the cruelty animals inflict on each other, thats nature, and nature is very cruel sometimes...

Ahh guess my point is I dont like hearing about Animals suffering full stop. I was reading in the paper the other day about a huge wild pig that was killed somewhere...and apparently it took around 8 shots or something, then over 3 hrs until they killed it...that sort of stuff annoys me.

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:30 pm

it didnt come across to me that fay was having a go at you kate :) she is just stating her feelings on the topic i think.

i recently visited a friend of mines website she lives in canada and we have been penpals since we were 13 years old. and there was alink to her boyfriends website and there were photos from a hunting trip he went on with some mates of his. and they were bear hunting. it was disgusting to see the photos of them spotting the bear, shooting it, whacking it across the head with a rock, posing victoriously beside it, tying it up with rope, hanging it upside down in a garage, and skinning it, standing on the 'bear rug' and then eating the bear.

here i was thinking bears were endangered but apparently its a common thing to occur over there!
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Thu May 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Ok cool. I didnt mean to sound angry or anything. It's so hard when your online trying to figure out the tone in which people write sometimes, is sooooo much easier face to face! LOL.

Thats awesome you got a pen pal overseas. I can imagine the pics were pretty gross. My step brother who lives in rural nsw used to go pig hunting. I seen some photos and its not nice... But alas thats what people do!

It's a cruel world out there...

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 pm

hey kate

yeah some people can take things the wrong way. it has happened here on this forum before... :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Thu May 31, 2007 8:31 pm

I'm not quite sure if your having a go at me Fairie, was only stating what I thought...

I am so sorry you thought that Kate, I never ment for you to think I was having a go at you. I got so angry that they could have even concidered eating a poor little dog even if it had died of natural causes. I should have take the time to phrase things a bit different. I only ment that I thought these so called VIP's only did these things to get noticed. I am all for stopping cruelty to animals but I don't think these VIP's are even thinking of the poor animals only of how much publicity they get.
Last edited by Fairie on Thu May 31, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby *KaTe* » Thu May 31, 2007 8:35 pm

Dont apologise Fairie! Im the one who should apologise I took it the wrong way, sorry's all round!! :D And I agree that it was definately an action to get noticed...and he definately went about it the wrong way. Eating a corgy is not going to deter Royalty to stop hunting foxes etc!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:45 am

kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:47 am

I am not going to comment on this one except to say he's lot the plot.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Return to Just Chatting