It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:25 am

Free Newsletter

implanon help please

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

implanon help please

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:19 pm

i have an implanon ( its that thingy they insert in ur arm for contraception) and i think it is making me psycho... i have had it for two years nearly and its only just occured to me that ever since i got it i ahve become the dragon lady...

has anyone else had a bad experience, or know someone who has withthe implanon....

i am getting it out in a week so hopefully that will solve all my mood swings and grumpiness...
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:20 pm

i also put on 15 kilos in the six months after getting it...

grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:36 pm

yes yes and yes!

i can relate to it all! i had it in for 2 years and my family always bring up at functions etc that i was 'the b4tch from hell!' i remember being really depressed with it and i put on weight as well. i also didnt like not knowing whether id get a period or not. so glad i got it taken out. the reason i went on it in the first place was because i kept forgetting to take the pill. all my friends at school thought it was cool though having a rod thing in my arm but i didnt think it was cool being fat and ugly at school because of it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:20 pm

I never had that but did have the Depro Provea (sp) injection that is supposed to halt your periods for up to 12 weeks - yeah rght ..... I was ok for 4 weeks then the sky opened up and the rains came down. Believe me I couldn't even walk without having to change. I had to go to hospital for a D & C and at the same time - they clamped my tubes!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:23 pm

My sister in law had it put ito here arm & she gained over 20KG & another friend had it put into her arm & made her very sick & cranky. & for me I have never tried it for those reasons.
Chelle

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks for your replies!!!! it really realte to what your saying.

Its horrible..

sure the whole not getting pregnant thing is great but the rest of it sucks.. My friend told me her cousin put on 30 kilos when she got hers *eeep*...

Im so sick of being grumpy its ruining my relationship.. and if i ahve no relationship i dont have to worry about getting pregnant :P LOL

im a bit nervous about getting it out tho... ive never had stitches before

grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:48 pm

mine didnt need stitches and if done properly yours shouldnt either. they usually just put one of those stitch band aid things over it. it took the dr and the nurse to get mine out. they numbed it all first!!

and remember abstinence is the best form of contraception !! theres no contraceptive out there that is 100% safe.

kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:57 pm

When my sisters kids were crying she would always say to me "this is the best form of contraception, isnt it?" LOL

The reason i got the bloody thing to begin with was so my boyfriend would be allowed to sleep over.. should have just waited.. turns out i wasnt missing out on much.. i dont like sharing my bed... i like to spread out :P

grugwashere

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:04 pm

the implanton sux!! I tuend into psyco bit#h too and gained a rediculas amount of weight :? but it did come off pretty quickly once I had it removed.
Ive had a tubal ligation now so no more crappy hormones for me!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Its such a relief hearing all this, i was worried that i had actually gone crazy... it has taken me two year tho to do something about it. I also cant stand how irregular it makes my period, since the very first time i got it it came same time every month... now i get it a couple of times a month, whenever it feels like it

grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:34 pm

grugwashere wrote:The reason i got the bloody thing to begin with was so my boyfriend would be allowed to sleep over.. should have just waited.. turns out i wasnt missing out on much.. i dont like sharing my bed... i like to spread out :P

haha how funny is that. i also dont like sharing the bed with anyone either. i had my double bed on my own for so long and when i met mick and moved in together we got a queen and i look forward to when he gets up at 4.30am every morning so i get to spread out haha. im nasty.
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:56 am

my sister recently got this amazing king size bed.. its the most wonderful bed i have ever laid on.. if i could i would steal it...

I thought my bed was awesome until she got hers :( lol

grugwashere

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:21 am

This is a little off the subject of implanon, but after reading all these horror stories I have to say that I am glad I never took that option!! Grug I hope that things work out for you once you have it taken out both weight wise and emotionally :wink:

I had the depo vera once and was told the same thing about it stopping your period for up to 12 weeks...well I had an extreme bleed that lasted for a week before I went to the doctor about it and his solution was to go and buy another depo vera injection and he would give me another one... I said WTF?? and walked out of there and never went back!! I had a period like that for 3 1/2 weeks before it stopped. I then had one period at 13 weeks after the initial injection and fell pregnant 8)

*WARNING SOME PEOPLE MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON GRAPHIC EXPLANATIONS AHEAD DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVE A QUEASY GUT*

I had my tubes clamped after numbers 3 & 4 were born...I was cranky because I was supposed to have them cut and tied, but the doctor doing the caesar was Catholic ( no offence to Catholics) however because SHE didn't believe in any form of contraception she refused to do the full cut and tie and would only clamp...she was a complete biatch to us and even held back the op until I signed to say it was ok....now we were in desperation mode here as I had fallen pregnant with triplets naturally and got told that it was a real possibility that we would do it again :o so we felt we had no choice. Since I had it done I have been having massive problems with my monthlies (this has been going on for 8 years) I get massive bleeds every month (well when I get them) and can pass really large clots (inagine half of your palm) I know when I about to pass the really big ones as get this massive pain as if someone is scrapping my insides out, I then feel really dizzy and tired (and cranky) sometimes I get them every month (periods) sometimes I skip a month and then get them twice as bad the next month...I went to the doctor and she said to me that just be thankful the doctor clamped otherwise it would have been 10 times as bad if she had of cut and tied :o :o :o . Jody do you have any problems like this with yours???? I just grin and bear it I have given up on doctors!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 pm

people react very differently.

When I got mine in, for a few months I was just mood swing central. Burst into tears and chuck tanties for literally NO reason. Suddenly just want to hit things and throw stuff. Kinda scary. But that settled down. I personally don't get periods on it (although for the first time in nearly 2 years I had one a couple of weeks ago, took me a bit by surprise and it took me a while to remember what it was that I was supposed to do...). I haven't put on weight (although I did with the pill, approx 15kg but I don't know how much was lifestyle and how much the pill)

My sis on the other hand bled profusely non stop and they had to take it out because she was scared shed bleed to death. Another friend of mine had to go off it because it 'dried her up' and made her 'intimate relationship'... erhum... painful and impossible.

Horses for courses
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Ive never heard of tubal ligation causing heavy periods because it only prevents the egg reaching the uterus and doesnt effect hormones, I had the clamps too because with the cut & tie method the tubes are more likely to grow back and I so didnt want that to happen :?
Maybe you should see ur GP about the heavy periods, ur probably slowly wearing down your iron stores which is making you feel unwell
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Next

Return to Just Chatting