It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Free Newsletter

implanon help please

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Mabe pm mandy she could give you advice.

Postby Ses » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:35 pm

Implanon works really well for some, and can both stop periods or result in breakthrough bleeding (which is what you have).

I have found that some women just get mood swings with any for of hormonal contraception - even though there is no evidence in literature.

i would talk to your Dr (or go to a sexual health clinic if you can - the staff are great and used to doing contraception!) about removing it if I were you.

Other options are a marina (IUD - uses same hormone, fewer side effects, lasts 5 years, cheap), Nuva ring (more expensive, needs to be replaced every month, you can do it) or the pill.

To remove the implanon you get a local anaesthetic around the site, a small nick in the arm and it is taped. Takes about 20 mins.

Hope your mood improves soon!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:55 pm

its spelt Mirena if anyone is looking at looking it up. my midwife tried to get me to get it after having heidi cos its safe to use whilst breastfeeding too but i didnt get it. i could like having that put up there!

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:51 pm

I have had it for over 2 years and I love it.

I was on Depo for about 3 years and couldn't lose weight, was depressed and mood swings galore.

The only gripe I have about Implanon is I did have erattic (sp?) bleeding for a while but that has long gone. I don't get anything but a bit of spotting every 6 months or so.

I have also managed to lose quite a bit of weight on it too, I did gain most of it back, but that had nothing to do with the implanon, more to do with what I was putting in my mouth.

People react differently to different things. I have heard so many horror stories about every contraception out there. You never hear good things though!!

If its not working for you, stop it and try something else!! Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Return to Just Chatting