It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

I want a smoke

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I want a smoke

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:05 pm

Its only been like 2 hours. Please someone give me a smoke PLEASE :lol: My god this is soooooo hard
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby lng86 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Lol. 'Quitting is hard... Not quitting is harder' - those words keep running through my mind! My advice is to buy those sugar free double d lollies. Every time you feel like a smoke, suck on a lolly. You just need to keep yourself occupied! These first weeks are as hard as it will get - remember that!

Good luck... I believe in you!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:16 pm

lng86 wrote:Lol. 'Quitting is hard... Not quitting is harder' - those words keep running through my mind! My advice is to buy those sugar free double d lollies. Every time you feel like a smoke, suck on a lolly. You just need to keep yourself occupied! These first weeks are as hard as it will get - remember that!

Good luck... I believe in you!

I gave up 5 years ago and started again in Feb. I kept it a secret for so long from my hubby. Then the other night he got quiet emotional about it so it made me realise I got to give up. Plus he said we wont try for kids until I do.

I forgot how hard it is. I will buy some of those lollies. I still think its not the addiction I have its the habit. LOl that sounds like I am in denial doesnt it :lol: I shouldnt laugh :?

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby lng86 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:30 pm

I COMPLETELY agree with you. It's not the addiction - it is the habit! SO TRUE!!!

That is why... You need to change the habit. When you are craving a smoke - reach for something else instead... One of those lollies are absolutely perfect! They are tasty... But not tasty enough that you will crave them - so I assure you that it will work.

Most smokers put on weight when they quit... Because they reach for food instead. Your lolly will do little to no harm!

Good luck!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:59 pm

well I found hubbys secret stach and I have one more left... Should I smoke it to get it out of the house or leave it there for later?

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:06 pm

throw it in the bin mel. you DONT need it. you need to start quitting now, not after one more this or one more that.
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:45 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:throw it in the bin mel. you DONT need it. you need to start quitting now, not after one more this or one more that.

I had it, before I saw this post and we had a fight about it, I got bustered. I can do this... I can do this.

Maybe if everytime I want one I can do crunches or something like that might help

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:03 pm

Hey Milo - you can do this. I quit about 5.5 years ago.

It's really hard to quit for someone else though. You have to quit for you, otherwise it will be a daily battle not to smoke. I remember what that was like because I had quit smoking years before that, but every day was a struggle until I finally started smoking again.

Remember the 4Ds

Delay (if you say you'll wait 15 mins, the urge usually passes)
Drink water (flush those nasty ciggie toxins out of your body)
Deep breathe (helps you to relax)
Distract (i.e. do something else, keep yourself busy).

Nicotine is a nasty, nasty thing. People think they feel better or more relaxed when they smoke, but really, smoking just satisfies that nicotine craving and stops the symptoms of nicotine withdrawl. And think of all that money going to the multinational tobacco companies.

I think I was more of a habitual smoker because I didn't experience any bad nicotine withdrawl symptoms when I quit. I just needed to do something else - which was shove food in my mouth :roll: I loved the tingly sensation I got in my hands though as my blood circulation started to improve.

Go for the sugar free lollies - they're not going to sabotage your weightloss.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 pm

milkyway wrote:Hey Milo - you can do this. I quit about 5.5 years ago.

It's really hard to quit for someone else though. You have to quit for you, otherwise it will be a daily battle not to smoke. I remember what that was like because I had quit smoking years before that, but every day was a struggle until I finally started smoking again.

Remember the 4Ds

Delay (if you say you'll wait 15 mins, the urge usually passes)
Drink water (flush those nasty ciggie toxins out of your body)
Deep breathe (helps you to relax)
Distract (i.e. do something else, keep yourself busy).

Thanks Milky I will follow the 4 D's and let you know how I go..

Nicotine is a nasty, nasty thing. People think they feel better or more relaxed when they smoke, but really, smoking just satisfies that nicotine craving and stops the symptoms of nicotine withdrawl. And think of all that money going to the multinational tobacco companies.

I think I was more of a habitual smoker because I didn't experience any bad nicotine withdrawl symptoms when I quit. I just needed to do something else - which was shove food in my mouth :roll: I loved the tingly sensation I got in my hands though as my blood circulation started to improve.

Go for the sugar free lollies - they're not going to sabotage your weightloss.

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks Milky, I will follow the 4 D's and see how I go. I wil let you know

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Fairie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Milo, I just want to say that if my mother would have stopped smoking I would not be planning her funeral today.

She had a heart attack 10 years ago and Angina problems recently but would not give up smoking even though she was told to by her doctor. She died suddenly on Saturday night and I had go to the hospital to ID her body instead of going out to celebrate my 50th birthday.

I know it's not easy, I gave up about 10 years ago so I know how hard it is but please Milo give up those damm things before they kill you too.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 am

Fay, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother last weekend - and on your birthday. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sandra xox
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:56 am

oh fay i am really sorry to hear that :( what terrible news. my thoughts are with you mate
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:02 pm

sorry to hear about your loss Fay

Go for it Mel, you can do it! quiting is hard but worth it in the long run, my best friend is about to celebrate her 1 year quiting annerversery with a bottle of moet- nice
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum fay, that happened to my mum's next door neighbour on her 50th birthday her mum died from smoking.

Mel go for it mate, you don't need those cancer sticks.. It's just a filfty habbit
Chelle

Next

Return to Just Chatting