It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

Pets

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Pets

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I recently was feeling a bit down and low about life and as im lying on my bed feeling sorry for myself, up jumps my precious cat to say hello. I didnt think much of it at the time, but its amazing how just her being there cheered me up in a way no person ever could have! And all she did was sit next to me and purr!

She's always ready for a cuddle (even forces her way onto my lap, or the laptop!) And makes me laugh to no end when she has her 'bengal attacks' She'll tear around the house running, jumping on things and go nuts, sometimes it can last a few minutes! She's crazy

Yes, im one of those sad cat people! And i wondered if anyone else out there is cheered up by their pets??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Oh yeah I just need to be around my pets and they cheer me up. I have a few so they always make me feel happy apart from when the dog uses the spare room as a toilet.

I have a bunny, bird, fish, 3 cats and a dog
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:55 pm

Hell yeah! I have a very docile, smiley greyhound that I just adore. he's a really sweet boy and absolutely mad for about 15 minutes everyday and I've finally learned not to be scared of him when he starts going off - he runs and jumps in circles, races from one of the house to another and runs right up to and jumps and lands on all fours right in front of me, sometimes he lands right on my feet... ouch! He's a big boy. He makes me laugh and he makes me happy. And he's recently started to become quite affectionate and looks for a cuddle and a pat on the head.

We adopted him last year through the Greyhound Adoption Program. he just turned 5 :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:02 pm

lol loving the scarf!

i dont have any pets but we would one day love to have a woof woof (as heidi calls them). we cant really afford a pet and we dont think its fair to have a pet when we can hardly afford to buy things for our selves comes times :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:20 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:lol loving the scarf!

hahaha - somebody just came home from the doggie day spa smelling all nice and clean and they put the little blue scarf on him. Such a handsome boy :D (lol - I know you think he's ugly, Kate!)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:24 pm

And they are expensive, Kate. It's not just the food, it's the monthly flea, tick and worming ($22), the treats ($20 approx), the doggie spa - usually I do him at home, but I can't clip his nails ($26), toys so he doesn't get bored when we're at home $20!

Let alone the vet visits. We've only had to have one so far. Last week I had to buy a $12 doggie antiseptic cream because his dew claw was split after being silly on a play date with a Lab. And I bought some doggie perfume for when he gets a bit smelly - he's not too bad, actually, being a short-haired, no undercoat dog.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:05 pm

yeah thats right, all the additional extras like vet fees and other things to put in the trolley at shopping. we wish that we knew someone nearby that had a nice dog though so we could visit because heidi loves animals- especially dogs and when i see them down the shop we say hello but i dont let her near enough to them that they can touch her or she can touch them. my aunty who lives aorund the corner has a little foxy pain in the rear end badly behaved dog and it stinks! i wouldnt let heidi go near it though and luckily my aunty locks it up when we visit her. its a shame it isnt a well behaved dog otherwise heidi could interact a bit more with it.
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 pm

I like greyhounds, i like the little ones, what are they called again??
Its great that you took in an older dog, was he an ex racer?

Sure looks like a smiley dog! :D

Id love to get a dog too but we live in a villa and only have a small courtyard, no where near enough room for a dog! Id get another cat but i had to fight hard to get the one i have so there's no way my partner will let me have another!! :(
Besides a dont think Navs (the cat) would like it too much!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:25 pm

How on earth do u any pics, i was going to bore you with one, but i cant figure how its done!!

Im so not computer savy!![/img]
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 am

kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 am

shelbel wrote:I like greyhounds, i like the little ones, what are they called again??
Its great that you took in an older dog, was he an ex racer?

Whippets?

They are fabulous little dogs. I might get one, one day. They are far too energetic for my current needs. Miniature versions of greys but with 1000 times more energy. My boy just sleeps all day and all night and comes to life for a while to race around in whirly circles and race up and down the hallway.

Yes, my grey is an ex-racer. He was retired after he tore the muscles from ankle to hip in his hind legs, poor thing. I spoke to his original trainer a while ago so I could find out his history. His owner/trainer became quite fond of him "the mad bugger" and almost kept him as a pet, but then put him up for adoption.

Contrary to popular belief, they don't need much exercise and they don't need much room. They'd even make good pets in a flat/unit, so long as you did give them some decent exercise.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:03 am

Oh whippets are beautiful dogs! :D i had a friend who had a whippet and he was lovely :) Had the most beautiful temperament
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Yeah whippet thats it!! Hate when you know the answer but be buggered if you can think of what it is!! Or is that just me!!???

I got my cat when she was 2, she's an ex breeding cat.

Maybe i'll tell my partner i want a baby and then he'll let me get a dog!! Hahaha
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Ally » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:22 am

I have a part persian cat that looks like a jolly snow leopard..she always knows when I need some affection....

I also have two goofy dogs and some quarrions and budgies to keep me pretty "chill free"
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 pm

C'mon guys - I wanna see some pics of your adorable pets... please :P
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next