It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

YAY for EBAY! :o)

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

YAY for EBAY! :o)

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm

So who loves Ebay? :D I have been using ebay for over a year now and love it. I hardly go shopping at all anymore, I seem to be buying most things online!

So what does everybody buy online? How many feedbacks do you have?

I'm always on the look out for cool jewellery from the uk and Usa...
I also get lots of handmade clothes...lotsa sport goods,personalised things etc etc.

Im up to 147 feedbacks! He he!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:38 pm

i think i have about 26 lol. i dont spend a lot on there because i figure that if something looks cheap i can get it at the shops and not have to spend so much on postage. some ppls postage charges are ridiculous! i tend to buy things which are hard to find or i havent seen around like dvds and and some scrapbooking stuff is cheap. ive sold a thing or two on there before and its not worth it because ppl have stuffed me around in the past and then you have to pay ebay a certain amount.

but i think its a good idea ebay
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah I agree Kate with the shopping around thang...You definately have to know your prices on certain things otherwise you do get stung with postage costs...

I just love the fact I can buy unique handmade jewellery from overseas...and know that no 1 else will have the same things as me :D And I've also found I can get heaps of awesome Hello Kitty stuff online as well!

Its a shame you got stuffed around when you tried to sell things, I've heard some horror stories from some people! I'm lucky I've only ever had one drama, and I got a refund through paypal so it was all good!

My step dad sells mobile phones allllll the time on ebay, and makes a bit of a profit on the side. A guy at my work was telling me a friend of his makes around $500-$700 a week through ebay, I'd love that!

I just love buying things online...saves me going out and it gets delivered straight to my door :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:47 pm

yeah handmade jewellery and things like that are great buys on ebay. :)

a friend of mine sells things on there all the time. she sold her brand new louis vuitton bag on there and the girl who rbought it (for about $770) claimed it wasnt authentic even though my friend said in her auction what the unique code thing was and how you can check the authenticity and my friend was investigated by ebay because of it. so much hassle.

but yeah the postage side of things sucks!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:58 pm

I am addicted to EBAY!! I have made about 40 transactions - mostly clothes for my daughters, CD's, my eldest loves Mary Kate and Ashley so I got her so much stuff off of it for her - I LOVE IT. I only had one bad transaction - I complained to EBAY and it got sorted out quickly.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Hey SassyGirl I've noticed ebay is great for little kiddie clothes...omg reminds me the other night I was bored and was looked through the "weird" section, and found some hilarious things. I seen a little t shirt for a baby with "I was made for the baby bonus!" Made me chuckle, gotta have a sense of humor with things like that lol!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:38 pm

LOL ........ I love buying clothes on there for them - and most of what I buy is either new or only been worn a couple of times. As I said one daughter loves MK & A (style wise not weight wise!!) and the other loves Avril Lavigne and Hillary Duff. You get the clothes really cheap.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:08 pm

Ive brought heaps of things from ebay! But mostly i buy second hand books, some can be hard to find when u trawel through the shops! i stopped using it for a while because i was running up my credit card with lots of little things and because they didnt cost that much i didnt realise how much i was actually spending!! But im back in the game now!

Im actually waiting on 3 things at the moment!! :D

Nope, not an addict!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:37 pm

I love Ebay I have to stop myself somtime I get to carried away when i find's thing cheap!!!!
Chelle

Postby KarinAnn » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Have you all seen some funny person has put the pasha bulker ship up for sale on ebay??

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:43 am

I love shopping! I love to wander around shops and markets and check things out first hand b4 I buy
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:31 am

haha im gunna check that out karin!
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:05 am

I just went back to check to see what the price was up to and Ebay must have deleted it.. It says:
This listing (110140244962) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

It was up to 16,000,000 last i looked with 28 bids :lol:

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:37 am

haha thats so funny. wish i got to see it :(
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:46 pm

He he he ppl sell some crazy stuff online! I agree YummyMummy, I love shopping at markets as well. I guess Im just over the busy shopping centres, so markets and online is the way I seem to be going lately anyway!

I love craft markets, really want to start going to some more. Also theres a hippy market about an hour from me which is meant to be fantastic!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Next

Return to Just Chatting