It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:24 am

Free Newsletter

Funeral Notices

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Funeral Notices

Postby Fairie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:31 pm

I am sitting here trying to write a Funeral Notice to put in the paper for my mother and it is just so hard. I know it has only been 2 days since my mother passed away and I think I'm coping so well then I will think of something she would like or what her reaction would be when I tell her this or that and the tears start again. Knowing I just can't pick up my mobile and send her a text and that I will never get another one from her. She loved getting messages on her mobile and sending them, my DH would say "oh for heavens sake it's cheaper to ring her" I said I don't care she is happy doing it this way.

This next week is going to be so hard.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby shelbel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:49 pm

I know i dont know you well, but my thoughts are certainly with you. I have a lot of exerience with funerals, i can understand how hard it must be for you to put those thoughts and feelings into the 'right' words. Take your time, it will come, if your really stuck you could ask your funeral director for advice. If you find their suggestions too general, you could write about how much she loved text messages! Sometimes i love you is enough. But if theres a lot of things you want to say, write her a letter. Might sound silly, but it might help. Dont be afraid of your feelings, let them out, scream if you have to. Do whatever feels right.

Sounds like im preaching doesnt it. Take care of yourself in the coming days, my thoughts are with you.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:20 am

I really dont know what to say, other than (((hugs))) and I will be thinking of you, love xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Maraver » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:40 am

Just write from the heart
My heart goes out to you Fay
write about the text messages because they were a link between you both
You are in my thoughts Fay
Pamxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:53 am

Big hug, Fay.

I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be to write that message. Don't put pressure on yourself to come up with something extraodinary. Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will be heartfelt and capture the spirit of your mum. xox
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:32 am

first off im impressed that your mum could do text messages! right on!! my mum is 56 and soooo not technologically sound!

take your time fay, you have a lot on your mind at the moment. its hard to grieve when you are making plans and things like that for your mums funeral. it probably wont hit home until after its all done. remember we are always here should you need a chat :) hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:14 am

Hi Fay...I can only imagine how hard it is for you at the moment...my thoughts and prayers are with you....as Pam said just write it from your heart...no one can expect you to do more than that....walk away from it for awhile and it will just start to come to you....

Love and hugs to you for this "winter" season in your life.. xoxoxoxo
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:37 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time **HUGS**

I remember when my father passed away - we chose the prayer "FOOTPRINTS" - it is one of the most beautiful prayers I have heard.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby yummymummy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:02 pm

When my mums mum passed away she said writing the funural notice was the most difficult thing to do because it was all to final for her. In the end she wrote it and someone else rang up and quoted it to the newspaper because she didnt have the ability to verbalise what she had written

Take care of your self during this difficult time
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Niglet » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi there.

I just lost my Mum too. It's a horrible thing to have to go through and the thought of the upcoming funeral can be quite scary. I also feel I'm coping very well, but that's just because I'm good at blocking things out; like you say, when one actually stops to think about stuff like "I should buy this for Mum, she'll love it!" or "This chair still has the aroma of her shampoo" it brings you to tears. I wish I could offer you some advice, but there isn't anything I can say that will ease your pain I'm afraid.

Good luck :( *hugs*
I believe in the madness called "now".

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQdQcaI/]
[/url]
Niglet

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:28 pm

My thoughts are with you fay, sorry to hear about your mum, sending big hugs through the computer
Chelle

Postby Fairie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks everyone I would have to say that is the second most hardest thing I have had to do, the first was I had to go to the hospital to ID the body. A direct family member has to do it, my sister wouldn't, one brother lives 4 hours away and the other is in Brisbane. I never ever thought I could do it, I had worked myself up in to quite a panic and DH made me have a Scotch before we left just to settle me a bit. It took me over an hour after getting to the Hospital to eventually go and see her but am I so glad I did it was so peaceful and I was able to say goodbye to her. After I could not believe how calm I felt. Now I just have to get through the Funeral on Friday, the Celebrant has asked if we want to say a few words. I would like to but I don't know if I would be able too.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby shelbel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 pm

If you dont feel you could say anything then maybe you could have the celebrant or your husband read something on your behalf? Just a thought.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:36 am

oh fay ID'ing your mum must have been hard. i dont think id be able to do something like that. death scares me too much. you are very brave. as shel said, you could get someone to read something out for you. will it be a big service or is it just family? hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:55 am

I am glad that you went Fay....I know it sounds weird, but when my friend lost her mum to cancer she wasn't going to go and see her after she died, but her hubby made her go and she said she was glad she did as her last memory of her mum was one of being peaceful, not in pain.......

Thinking of you on Friday and I agree with the girls mate, if you don't think you can read or say something, ask some one else to do it on your behalf......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Just Chatting