It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Funeral Notices

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi Fay,
Losing a family member is always going to be hard, no-one can know exactly what you are feeling, but I'm sure everyone here will/would be there for you if/when you need us, not to mention all your non-cyber friends and family. Grief is an individual thing and I'm sure that you will find your on path through it. And I'm sure that whatever words you choose, they will be just the right ones.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:15 pm

I was only 15 when I lost my father - it was such a horrible time for me. At his funeral service (we had the full requim mass in a Catholic Church) I was too over come by emotion to say anything - but a close relative said some beautiful words on our behalf. I was holding my fathers hand when he passed away. It is amazing how peaceful it was (he died of cancer). I watched him take his last breath and then he was gone. I got to say all my goodbyes to him and was so thankful that I was there. It has made me less afraid of dying - sounds weird I know. Losing him sent me off the rails a little - I was doing my TEE at the time and began rebelling against authority (probably my way of dealing with his death). Anyway I will be thinking of you on Friday - you will get through it. **HUGS**
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:43 pm

i only got to see my dad when he was in hospital and really sick. he was incoherant and twitching and everything. i was then kicked out of the room by a few mates of my dads from his army days who came to say goodbye to him. so i didnt get to say goodbye to my dad and my mum broke the news to me via the telephone when i was at a neighbours house (where i had to go each afternoon because my family was at hospital and couldnt be at home for me after school). i will never forget the fact that i wasnt allowed to spend more time with my dad and i think because i was only 9 everyone thought i was too young to understand so i was kept in the dark about how he was going to die etc. i still have a lot of anger and grief to get through because of it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:52 pm

**hugs** coming your way to Kate. I used to go to work at Red Rooster in the city and go and see him in Royal Perth Hosital for a couple of hours before I started work. I treasure the time that I got to spend with him. I was his baby - his last child. Even to this day I get very emotional and sad at the thought that he never got to give me away at my wedding and that he never got to see my children - he would have loved them.

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:00 pm

hey michelle thanks for the hugs :) i was the baby girl too and it makes me sad to think he wont get to walk me up the aisle or see heidi or any other kids we might have. he wasnt there at special times in my life and now that its 12 years on and he would have been 60 this year, i am starting to forget little things about him. recently my aunty (my mums sister) sent me a dvd with a tiny bit of footage she had of him and me riding my pink bike together at a family picnic. things like that i forget and its sad that a lot of the horrible times are the memories that stick out as opposed to the good times. like when it was xmas 1994 and he was in the bathroom on his hands and knees in the bathroom sick whilst we all waited under the tree for him to hand presents out which was our family tradition. but there are good times i remember and those are the ones i try to keep close. i have photos of him around my home and heidi knows he is her pop and one day when she started talking she went up to the bookcase to two of photos ofmy dad and pointed and said 'pop'. it was surreal. i often talk to him when i am on my own and during tough times when i need a bit of support and guidance i like to know he is around. i saw a psychic once who was spot on with everything- even my future thus far, and she said he is with me and not watching over my sisters or brother but watching over me. might seem like rubbish to some people but we all have to believe in something so i believe in that :)
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:01 pm

p.s. i am glad that you got to spend that time with your dad too michelle. i bet you feel at peace about it all but like me and other people who have lost close ones im sure you think of him everyday :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Kate not a day goes by that I don't think about him or that he is not in my thoughts. My children also know who he is which is good. We regularly go the the Cemetry to visit him - and I must admit I get very upset going (even though it has been 19 years). My husband didn't know him - but he gets upset for me when he sees me crying. I also believe that he is with me - because little things happen that I cannot explain - or I will get a complete sense of peace around my house. I do believe in the unexplained and have quite often asked him what it is like beyond this world - sounds funny and some people will see it as weird - he is yet to answer me that question! I also lost 3 brothers and 1 sister - so I know that my children are being well looked after.

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:14 pm

i dont think thats weird at all! i believe in that sort of thing too. my dads ashes are spread at the vietnam war memorial in canberra so i dont get to go and pay my respects as often as id like. its a shame that we cant have the people we love come back to us for real. :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:16 pm

I would love to have him back - but not if it mean't him going through pain and illness like he did. :cry:

Sassygirl

Previous

Return to Just Chatting