It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

fingers gone!!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

fingers gone!!!!

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:51 pm

I have to go down to sydney tommow I hope the weather is fine they are expecting weather like fridays flood a couple of weeks ago. I hate to say it but im sick of this weather especially the rain I wish it would go away & go to a place where it is really needed, it is almost 2 weeks & there is still roads closed from floods & the rain that we are getting dosen't make it better. I will get to the story, My uncle accidently choped 3 fingers off with a drop saw on sunday night had 13.5 hour surgery to put them back on but only two fingers survived. It make's me cringe what a horrible experience & trying to explain it to my kids well josh thinks it funny dosen't understand the situation. That's kids for you.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Sorry Chelle but don't you just love kids....he probably thinks it is cool!!!

Yes please be careful, I have heard about those storms too....I hope that you get there and back safely and that your Uncle will be ok after his accident...I was sorry to hear that 1 of his 3 fingers didn't take... :(

Take care!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:51 pm

hey chelle take it easy driving, theres another storm on the way tongiht and tomorrow night i know of. i am over this weather too and if they say that we are in drought one more time i will freak! lol.

sorry to hear about your uncle! thats no good at all. i remember a good friend of my mum and dads he was mowing the lawn and was fixing something up on the grass cacther and lost 2 fingers. they couldnt reattach them as they were diced up all over the front lawn! it fascinated me when i first saw him without his 2 fingers.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:59 pm

The bloke and I were talking about the fact that apparently those saws have so much power that they don't even load down when cutting through human flesh/bone. We're always joking about how we've gotta be really careful (which we are), and say "look, they're all still there" when we've used them. Just goes to how how easily it can happen. Hope he comes out of it ok.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:58 am

ouch!
I used to work in a private hospital and they got lots of workers comp cases and most of them were men chopping their fingers off!! its gotta hurt
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:12 pm

I made it in one peace the storm went out to sea so it wasn't a bad trip just a bit of rain & some stupid drivers on the road. I saw my uncle he was very pail, the kids behaved very well I stocked them up on food, ive never seen thet bahave so well especially in a hospital. The doctors rekon that the two fingers that they attached might have to be taken off they will know by monday if he has to go back into surgery.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:23 pm

i was going to say 'fingers crossed' but i thought that might come across a bit wrong ! but i hope all goes well for him and glad u got there ok
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:28 pm

hahah I'm sure when this is over it will be a bit of a laugh especially at christmas partys with my family when they have a bit to drink they always make jokes at of things.
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting