It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

Daytime fun

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Daytime fun

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:59 am

Gosh i love the just chatting section!! :D

Im a sticky nose, so im wondering, what does everyone do for a crust?? I know there are a few stay at home mums raising our next generation, what do you guys do during the week days?? And to the uni students out there, what are you studying and where will it take you??

I know i should mind my own, but i like knowing other peoples business!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Maraver » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:58 am

I have been meaning to ask the same questions, I am still working full time I am 53 and work for Coles in the office doing the pays and counting the money and trying to balance the books, the shop I work in, is in Plympton I enjoy my job but find it stressful at times
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:44 am

:) Well Im 25, and have a 4 year old little man, Connor who is a ball of energy...I am a SAHM atm, but will be going back to work part time (3 days a week) as a checkout chick next year when my little man is at kinder full time :) ummm my days are filled with- Walking to the park/local shops...doing activites (painting, drawing, cooking) playing outside, sometimes we watch a disney movie :) My days are pretty average :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:16 am

It's great to know what others are doing. There was a post about it a few months ago but there's so many new people and a lot of the people who responded then aren't around anymore.

I'm 34, married with one fur baby.

I work as a freelance writer and editor. I have a part-time, home-based internet business with my husband.
Last edited by milkyway on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:17 am

How about you, Shelbel?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:00 pm

thanks for asking shelbel

i am a stay at home mum to a daughter who is 18 months old. i have my diploma of community services (children's services) which makes me a qualified childcare worker. after my maternity leave was up i didnt want to return to work and found that we would be spending my entire pay on child care for heidi so we decided i would stay at home. even before we had thought of children we always said that i would stay at home and raise the kiddies and then return to the workforce when the kids start school.

so during the day i do mum stuff and house duties :) the washing cooking and cleaning never ends with a baby! we go for walks and drives and play games and do drawings- not game enough to let her paint yet but she uses her easel as a chalk board. she plays in her sandpit and usually when its not so cold we go to mums and bubs swimming lessons. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Thanks guys! Keep it coming people!

I think it helps give you a better picture of the people on here! Having said that, please dont freak out or get weird on me when i tell you what i do (i have literally had people walk away from me when ive told them!! some people simply cant deal with it!)

I was a funeral director for 4 years doing mortuary work, picking up deceased people, driving hearses and limos and all the other business that goes with funeral work. 6 months ago i took a job with karrakatta cemertry and i now cremate people for living. Sounds horrible i know and sometimes it is, but coming from funeral work its not such a stretch for me. If anyone told me 10 years ago this is where i would end up, i would have laughed in their face, but here i am!!

Trust me im perfectly normal, have no deformities and im not a goth!!! :D

Im 27 and i live with my partner of 5 years and 1 fur baby
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:46 pm

hey shel bel thats sounds like an interesting profession ... lol.

i believe there are jobs in this world that might not seem pleasant to some people but theyre things that need to be done. i personally wouldnt be able to do what you do because i am scared of death- i have a phobia of death and of my own death so i would freak but would sit and chat for hours to you about your job.
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:49 pm

hehe i love these sorts of threads too. it's so interesting :)

i'm 33 and recently left my job as a marketing manager for a software company to temp for a while to give myself a break after 6 years with the same company. i ended up getting an indefinite temp position in the marketing dept of a uni law faculty. after a week they asked me if i'd apply for the perm position when it comes up later this year :shock: i like it but it hasn't been as challenging recently as i would like so i'm not sure about staying.

i was doing my master of business in sport management but took an early exit with a grad cert and will probably start my master of marketing next year. but i'm really enjoying the no study this year!!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:51 pm

hey sassi

my brother is also a marketing manager for a large shopping centre in sydney. he is 29 this year.
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:56 pm

oh cool - a shopping centre would be interesting to market! i got so sick of software...you can't be too creative!!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:00 pm

yeah we have seen some of his funky displays and special events he has organised in the past. looks like a fun job to do but also a lot of hard work and long hours!
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:27 pm

I'm a stay at home mum with 2 kidlets - a daughter who is 3 turning 4 and a son who is 6 months old. My days are filled with the usual mummy stuff.

I also study part time at Tafe - a financial services course. I am hoping to get work by the end of the year because I am going stir crazy at home :shock:
emma21

Postby Ally » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Before choosing to become a stay at home mum I was a carer at Bethany Home For The Aged......I now stay at home and raise our 4 gorgeous kids, however I spend more time at the school helping out than I do at home!! I have 3 days a week at the school in my son's classroom as well as helping with various activities in the school.

I am going to do the Cert III for teacher aide hopefully sometime in the second semester........
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Fireball » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:43 pm

We have a business, Registered Training Organisation, like TAFE. We deliver nationally recognised training in transport, mainly in traineeships for transport companies & also train people to become a Driving Instructor. Keeps us very busy.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Next

Return to Just Chatting