It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Free Newsletter

dog owners

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

dog owners

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:53 pm

about 3 houses up our street there are two big dogs.. dont know the breed but theyre big and they bark constantly early in the morning from about 5am onwards. ok fair enough dogs bark thats the least of my worries at the moment. theyre always coming into our yard and pooing everywhere. i am sick of it. i just went outside to get heidis stroller to bring it is cos it is about to rain and i used it this morning and there was running poo all over the driveway and i noticed near the letterbox there was harder type poo. there goes the two dogs across the road into someone elses yard. so i got the hose from the backyard and brought it around the front to hose it away and the tap thing snapped out the front and the one out the back wont come off the tap. so i got a bucket and filled it up with water and washed the runnign poo away- some of it wont come off. and then i got a stick to try and carry the other poo to the gutter and the two dogs stop... look at me and run towards me. so i run to my front door and they come into the yard to check why their poo has been moved and i yell at them to get lost and they ran towards me barking about to attack me! i ran inside quickly and theyre still lurking out there somewhere. they also dug a hole near out letter box the other day so all my lawn is basically dug up now. i am too scared to go and speak to the owners about the dogs- they seem very territorial the dogs and i dont want to be attacked and now i am scared to let heidi outside to play or even put her in the pram for a walk because i am scared of them. i checked the council website and i have to put in a complaint via their webpage but i have to go past the house to find out the number cos i am not exactly sure what it is. then we will be the worst people in the world for complaining to the council about these dogs. but i really think that heidis safety and mine are more important especially if something happened to her id never forgive myself. cant believe they went to attack me!

am i right to be cranky about this?
Last edited by kate_turner2000 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:01 pm

I think you have ever right to be cranky. Some people aren't smart enough to own dogs. If they are willing to let them roam the streets they don't deserve them. I would also call the council. Tell them you have put in a complaint thru the web site but wanted to also ring up. They will have to pay more attention to you.

We had a blue cattle dog down the road they use to always get out and come straight here. It ended up killing 3 of our cats. At first the owner of the dog told us we shoudl train our cats to stay in the backyard :?

We reported this dog to the council on all 3 times. The dog was finally removed.
Keep in mind it is against the law to allow your dogs to roam around the streets.
It's against the law to let your dogs out of the front yard without a collar and lead. And it's just plan gross that they use your yard as a loo.
If you fear for your safety then don't question your decision.
Go get em girl!!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:09 pm

ring your local council Kate and tell them what has happened you should not be scared to go out your front door!!! YOu can not risk Heidi being outside and having them do that to her....you have every right to be angry!! If you ring the council they can come and sort the problem out...you shouldn't have to put up with dog censored in your yard either!! scoop it all up into a bag and take it down to where the dogs come from and throw it in there yard!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby shelbel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:03 pm

Geez some people have no manners, the dogs should not be out roaming the streets! Id be calling the pound and saying theres some dogs roaming the streets. If they come and pick them, dont the owners have to pay a fee to get them back??

Does often does it happen??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:36 pm

Yup - ring your council - it's illegal for those dogs to be outside their property roaming around like that. You have every right to be cranky.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Absolutely :) you and your bub come before dogs
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 pm

You have every right to be angry at the dogs deffinatly ring the council to complain. You & deffinatly Heidi come first for you saftey especially if the dogs are vicious & you have been chased by them on your own property, you don't need that happening around you & your daughter especially her what if the dogs happen to attack. Do you speak to your neighbours at all if so do they fell the same way??? If your are scared to talk to the owners you could always write an anomonous letter to put your voice out there to let them know that your not happy with there dogs.

Also when you complain to the council take evidence like when you catch the dog in your yard take photo for proof of evidence. & if the council do catch the dogs pooing in the act it a on the spot fine. & chase up on it to just don't complain check up on it every 2 weeks or so to see if they are doing anything to stop the dogs.
Chelle

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:10 am

That's a good point about collecting evidence Chelle. Kate do remember that this is not just for you and you littley but the dogs could cause injury to others. They sound like high risk dogs ot really hurt someone. I can't believe how selfish people are that they would let their dogs run around like that.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:36 am

thanks guys :) glad i am not the only one who sees a problem here. i will try and catch a photo of them doing it. i will ring the council today and tell them and when i ring each fortnight to see what is happening about it i will mention the photos when i get them.
i live in a pretty quiet street with neighbours that work or are elderly and are indoors all the time. a new lady has moved in next door but i havent spoken to her yet because she is still moving stuff in so comes and goes quite frequently.
i have to go for a walk in a little bit so i will double check the house number of the owners. we have never spoken to them as theyre 3 doors up and their house looks like its locked up like fortknox with bed sheets as curtains and they come and go rarely too.

will keep ya's updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:29 pm

i'm a bit behind the eight ball here kate, but yes, i agree with everyone else - they are breaking the law, and messing up your lawn and scaring you and heidi is NOT ON!!

getting photographic evidence is a great idea so its not just your word against theirs. bottom line is, they need to have their dogs in the backyard, behind a fence/gate they cannot get over... and the only time they can come out is on a leash, when they are being takenf or a walk...thats the rules!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:14 pm

thanks mandie :) its nice to know that other people understand where i am coming from. when i went for a walk this morning they were roaming around the street again but there are some builders across the road so i felt safe.

i rang the council this morning and the lady was really nice and she is sending them a letter as well as sending out the ranger to the house. i had to describe the dogs which is hard because i dont know a lot about dog breeds but i did my best. the lady took my details and said that it will be kept confidential which is good because i dont want people knocking on my door harrassing me about my complaint.

thanks guys for your input!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:12 pm

That's good that they are going to do somthing about it straight away. People like that don't deserve to have dogs if they can't look after them properly.
Chelle

Postby emma21 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:13 pm

We have dogs wandering our street too. One stood there barking at me when i went for a walk on Tuesday, which generally wouldnt really bother me. But when I have the kids with me its a different story. Can never judge what a dog is going to do.

If the council doesnt do anything/owners dont do anything.. start ringing the council everyday... they'll get the hint...

Or, and this is gross :shock: , collect their 'messes' they are leaving in your yard in a bag and throw it over their fence. They probably leave the dogs to run free so they dont have to clean up after them anyway...
emma21

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:22 pm

yeah you are right chelle, they dont deserve pets at all if they cant look after them. the reason we dont have pets is because we know we wont be able to look after them that well because financially we can only afford to pay the bills and buy food for us. it wouldnt be fair for us to get a pet and let it starve and not get to have VET attention cos we cant afford it.

emma, i hate going anywhere near dog shite as it is lol so i dont think id be able to stomach that! but you are right if i notice they are still wandering around in a weeks time i will be calling the council again.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Yeah just keep on them Kate a different story when the car crashed through our house we went through our insurance because it was going to be alot quicker to go through our's than the lady insurance that crashed through our house. We had to fork out $1000 excess & would recieve it back through her insurance they said it could take years because of legal reson's I started to ring every week they told me to ring once a month s I did the house was fixed in 6 weeks time after the accident had to live with a black tarp & a bit of wood to cover the hole in the house for security because home insurance is different to car insurance. I finally recieved the money back 4 or 5 months later after the accident becasue I keep ringing up they keep opening up the file & reminding them they were shocked on the phone because they have never seem a retrival of money turn around so quick. So deffinatly keep on it kate.
Chelle

Next

Return to Just Chatting