It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

dog owners

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:44 pm

yeah for sure i will. thats good that you kept on to the insurance company. you guys had to put up with enough as it was you poor things :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Yeah deffinatly I glad I have sold the house & don't live in it anymore..
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:03 pm

grrr i just put one bin out for collection tomorrow and the two dogs bound out of their front yard towards me barking. i ran so bloody fast to get inside. the other bin has to go out but im going to wait til mick gets home :shock: im going to ring the council again. this is ridiculous.
p.s. i got photos of the dogs in the street through the bedroom windows but theyre not very clear :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Deffinately ring them again, It's good that you have evidence of the mut's even if the pic isn't so good. What does mick have to say about these dogs??
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:54 pm

about 5 minutes ago heidi goes 'woof woof' at the back door and one of the dogs was on our back verandah. (we dont have a fence dividing our back yard to our front yard) so i got a couple more photos of it. ive also written down the dates and times this has happened and im ringing council about it. mick is fed up and wants tog et something to put down so the dogs dont come in the yard- we heard pepper is a good deterrant? pretty sad when you cant put your bin out or check the letterbox :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:02 pm

Thats ridiculous Kate, definately ring them again...you want to know that you and your bub are safe in your own home! :shock: I dont know about the pepper...maybe google it and see?
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:06 pm

OMG you can't even go out in your own back yard now!! It's good that you are keep in tab on when these event's occour. Stupid dogs. You could always ask the real estate to ask to owners of the house if they can put a fence/ gate up so that way your safe in your own back yard. At least if heidi wanted to go & play in her sand pit or her toys she will be safe. It's good that you have pic of the dogs at your backdoor now. I don't know any deterant to keep the dogs out but I know in the garden section when I worked at BigW there is somthing that you can buy to keep them away from your garden. That might help Kate.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm

cool chelle thanks for that i will have a look on saturday when we go grocery shopping. we have got a fence right out he front but the gate doesnt shut :? i have to pay rent this week so i might as the real estate to have the gates rehung. will let you guys know what the council says too
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Yeah it will be interesting to see on how long it will take before they fix the problem with the dogs.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 pm

As a soon to be fur kid mummy (aka dog owner) I totally agree with your actions. Firstly, their dogs should not be roaming, and should definitely NOT be aggressive so as to attack you. If they are responsible pet owners and for some unknown reason are not aware of the havoc their pets are causing then they should be only too happy to fix the problem when the council brings it to their attention. If not, then the council needs to address it for them.

I also think the same goes for cat owners who allow their cats to roam around and take stinking dumps in my #$%%## backyard and spray on everything and make noisy nookie outside our bedroom window. Hence me getting a dog, at least then the poop belongs to my animal. I realise this opinion is not 100% agreed, particularly by cat owners, and if I offend, I apologise, just my opinion.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

we have ppl that have 4 cats next door....guess who's sand pit they choose to poop in and who's deckchairs they spray on?? :roll:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby *KaTe* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:44 pm

My brother came over today with his brand new puppy, a black labrodor called "nugget" he he...she was gorgeous!! Run amok around the house! My mum came over and gave her a pigs ear (ewwwwwwww) and she was very happy then!! He he...dogs love gross stuff!!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby *KaTe* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:46 pm

^^^ lol sorry that was a bit unrelated to the topic, the heading just reminded me of it!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:25 am

Kate I agree that you need to ring the council again....these dogs are going to end up doing some damage before too much longer.....I have to love our council in rocky...there policy for dogs (dangerous or not) is that if they are roaming in your area YOU are to catch them and tie them up and they will come and pick them up :roll: :roll: otherwise they will basically get there at their leisure :? .

I really don't know if there is any other avenue you can follow...the council seems to be the only way to go.... :roll:

Hey Tegan I am a cat owner and people deem us cruel as we keep our cat inside 24/7!! Cats are roamers and I don't like having cat censored in my yard and they cause so much damage to the wildlife....I love cats, but we have always had them as indoor pets and our little girl loves it...the only time she tries to get out is if we are outside with the dogs for too long (in her opinion!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:17 pm

yeah definately ringing the council about it again. ive got photos and ive got dates and time of these occurences. they will certainly know it if they get their a$$'s sued because i have been bitten by one of the dogs and they had done nothing about it.
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting