It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Fears and Phobias

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Fears and Phobias

Postby shelbel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:57 pm

I wondered if anyone else has any of those irrational sorts of fears and phobias that other people think are silly, i'll use my own as an example!

:arrow: I cant use eye drops, i freak out, the last time i needed them, i had to be held down!

:arrow: Fish! When i was swimming at Exmouth on hols the fishes would come and swim around your legs in water about thigh deep, i totally lost it and was trying to climb on the b/f's back and almost in tears! Its just a fish for goodness sake! And not even one with teeth!

I have no idea why im scared of these things, and i know its silly, but i cant help it!!

Ok, tell me yours and make me feel better!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Ok, I have some really bizaare fobias :(
Shelbel, I am terrified of fish too! I am also scared of- sharks, whales, the ocean, open water (like where you cant see any land. its something about not seeing what is underneath me in the water) snakes, spiders, bugs in general, heights.....LOL sounds like I never leave the house eh? :lol: hahaha
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:10 pm

I just WILL NOT go in the ocean/ a lake/ river anything....cos I cant see whats in there (getting shivers as I think about it :( ) I HATE swimming things....my little boy has only been to the beach once because of it :( Im going to send him with some rellies this year. cos I feel so bad :(
Playboy_bunny

Postby shelbel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 pm

Im the same about the ocean, something could be coming and you'd never know, i shudder at the thought of being in the ocean where i cant see the bottom! I have trouble with boats too! The worst thing was i could see the fish the water is really clear! It was only about 20cms long too!

So what else? :D Im a busy body!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:25 am

I have a really big phobia of cockroaches... I can't stand them even to look at them it makes me shiver.. I have learnt to kill the bugger's with spray then suck it up with the vaccuum cleaner then spray into the cleaner to make sure it deffinately dead hubby rekons that I should't do that but I don't care it's reassurance that it's dead. Even if it's 4am in the morning I will turn the cleaner on I can't sleep if I know there is one in the house it must die..

My hubby has a strange phobia of small object's especially buttons & earing's he won't touch them or go near them, if his shirt need to be buttoned up I have to do it he won't touch it at all.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:36 am

hmmm where do i start lol
(shel when i was little i had to be held down for eye drops when i had conjunctivitis and i havent had to use them as an adult but i cringe for when i do- i cant stand having things touch my eyes lol)

1. fear of death- me dying or other people dying i freak out
2. open water- i only swim in swimming pools
3. spiders, mice and cockies *shudder*
4. seafood- hate the stuff, dont like people coming near me with dead sea creatures lol
5. driving- because my car is very unreliable i panic when i drive out of town because i fear getting stuck somewhere with a broken down car - especially traffic lights!

hmmm thats about it i think
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:58 am

Throwing up is my biggest fear.. but its strange because being sick from drinking too much doesnt bother me.. or a one off chuck.. but gastro and food poisoning (more so Gastro) i am petrified of.

i also have a fear of the ocean, has something to do with a shark lol.

im scared of being sucked out to sea... i dont like th ocean at all! lol

and finally sea gulls... they will peck your eyes out.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:01 am

grugwashere wrote:
and finally sea gulls... they will peck your eyes out.

LOL i say that about magpies.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:31 am

oh yeah, Kate I have the driving thing too....although not just going out of town. I am terrified of driving (although I have to get my Ps this year to get my bo to kinder next year and then school :shock: ) I am such a nervous driver....thats why I only have my Ls...I was ok, until I took me test and FAILED....(hit the gutter during a 3pt turn) and then I really lost my confidence...when I stress out I forget things,too so i almost feel like Im not responsible enough or something to drive?? :( I need to get my Ps, I just have to overcome my fears....its so hard :cry: im so terrified I had another driver hit me in a round about and that really affected my confidence too....if anyone has any driving tips, I would REALLY appreciate it :( :shock:
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:34 am

I have some strange phobias...

:arrow: I love the beach, but don't like swimming in it (same old...sharks, jellyfish) don't like not being able to see what is going to attack me (yet I will swim in my brothers dam no problems :roll: )

:arrow: I can't stand spiders (ONly daddy long legs)

:arrow: Fear of the future for my kids......

:arrow: Hospitals.....

:arrow: Operations (going under anaesthetic).....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:07 pm

i told my niece that sea gulls peck your eyes out as a joke once i think she took it to heart, we were at the zoo and there were some seagulls on the path and she freaked out and was screaming that they peck your eyes out lol.. it took me months to convince her they dont... but i still believe they do hehehe :oops:
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:16 pm

lol jo - out of all the animals in the zoo you made her weary of the seagulls haha. wish i could have been there for that!

hey gracie
i can totally relate. mum made me get my l's after school one day(passed first go) and then i kept putting off my p's test and when i went for them i failed, second time i went my car broke down when the test started and i got them third time around. went for my green p's and i failed first time and i got them second time. its soooo hard to walk out after you have failed. its embarrassing not to mention a lot of money to waste. thank god i had my p's before heidi came along otherwise i would have been buggered. i know its really expensive but you really need to make yourself keep going! it took a lot of courage for me to go for my green p's too and was on my red p's for ages because i just kept renewing them. you are a great driver i bet, there are a lot more people out there who are shockers!! xox
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm

I have a reaccuring dream that one of my kids drown, Ive been having it on and off for years- so Im terrified around water where they can fall in like jettys, boats and what-not. Im fine at the beach tho and they all can swim well but I cant shake the feeling they will fall of the jetty and I cant get to them :?
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm

That would be horrible Jody, have the same occuring dream that one of your children dying
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm

I though of another one

:arrow: Flys I can't stand them when they buzz around food or your drink I am constantly putting a placemat, paper, magazine whatever over the top of my drink (my hubby think's i'm crazy) & I alway's have a tea towel just incase I have to get up when I eat if I forget to have somthing to cover my food I take it with me. I don't like fly of how dirty they are, they breed out of dog shite & there ferral.
Chelle

Next

Return to Just Chatting