It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Fears and Phobias

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Roar2Life » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:55 pm

I must say i'm suprised how many people hate/fear the ocean. One of my friends is like that though. I told her how I went scuba diving and she freaked saying she could never swim beneath the water like that.

Anyway, I don't have any major fears except for heights and rollercoasters. 'Minor' kind of fears would include spiders, snakes, magpies and needles. Most people don't realise how much I hate needles 'cause I don't let on, I just kind of keep it to myself. So far I have never being able to look at a needle before they put it in but i've got to have my third cervical cancer vaccination in a couple of months so i'm planning to be brave and look before it goes in. :D
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:58 pm

hey roar i dont care about needles as long as i dont have to look at them put it in. i remember when i was getting checked out for pcos and i had to have a blood test and i had to fast and i looked at the needle. i got all queasy in the dr's surgery and they had to get me a drink of water. god it was bad! lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:17 pm

My fear is leaving appliances on like irons, heaters, airconditioners etc. I have to check them even if I haven't used - I know it is pathetic isn't it :oops:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Hey Kate, thanks for that :D
yeah i know, I just have to do it! No more excuses...but its so scary! :( Im going to book another lesson tomorrrow I think so I can get back into it....you are right, its hard when u have a little one to get around! Buses are not fun and neither is walking in pouring rain and gailforce winds! :shock: lol It really holds me back from doing things I need/want to do in life *sigh* I just gotta do it :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby emma21 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:58 pm

I wouldnt call it weird but I have a real phobia of heights... Even going up an escalator once in Melbourne (Parliament Station) I was crapping myself lol. Sometimes even walking up stairs (when I can see through them) I get very nervous and have to hold on tight :oops:
emma21

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 am

Mine is heights. The weird thing is I live on the 49th floor of my apartment building and I have the most spectacular view of the city and the river. But I get vertigo every time I step out onto my balcony.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby madeline » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:21 am

I have really weird phobias:

Balloons, party poppers, starter guns, cars backfiring or ANYTHING that can bang really

Clowns :(

When an aeroplane is landing, my knuckles go white from gripping the seatrest

I have a fear of pimples or body hair... I go to great lengths to remove body hair (legs, underarms, bikini line) regularly but I stress that if a hair falls onto my body during removal, it could somehow embed itself into me and grow (god i feel strange now). Same goes for pimples, I've never really had any, so I get freaked out if someone with bad pimples comes close to me, just in case they try to do that cheek kiss thing (I'm not mean, I swear :? )

Dead things- birds, rats, possums... really freak me out if I see them on the nature strip. Usually I cross the road and keep walking.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:17 am

Balloons, party poppers, starter guns, cars backfiring or ANYTHING that can bang really... Clowns

My neice is the same with all that stuff
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:24 am

hehe mick hates clowns hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:36 am

Im afraid of driving in the outer lane of the west gate bridge( i use the term driving loosely.. as i am a passenger lol)
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby shelbel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:23 pm

Oh i so understand the clown thing!!!! Have you ever seen the movie 'it'? I couldnt finish watching it!!

Sassygirl, i have a mate who has a similar fear, but its about locking the door, she locks it, checks it, walks a few metres then goes back to check again, and will still ask me 5 minutes later if she locked the door!! LOL Sometimes i check it myself after she does so she can relax!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:24 pm

shelbel wrote:Oh i so understand the clown thing!!!! Have you ever seen the movie 'it'? I couldnt finish watching it!!

:D

lol i watched it as a kid and it gave my nitemares for years. i couldnt walk near a drain lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:07 pm

OMG IT!! I watched it when I was 15 at a friends sleepover....when it was finished at like 3 am, my best friend and I went out for a smoke (hehe we thought we were badasses LOL) and sat on the drain next to her driveway to prove how brave we were....well her brother knew we were watching it, and had prepared...when we went back in her bedroom was filled with balloons....we freaked out and ran screaming back outside :shock: :lol: lol I had nightmares about IT for YEARS!! :shock:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Previous

Return to Just Chatting