It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

I'm sick

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm sick

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Hey guys - I've been away from the forum the past few days because I've come down with the rotten flu and a chest infection. I've had to take four days off work (equals 4 days not paid :() and now the fever and body aches have finally gone.

It has made me realise that had I not changed my habits at the start of the year - cut down my drinking, start exercising more and eating healthier, then I would probably be a lot worse off.

Anyhoo, I hope you're all healthy and well :) It's going to be a lot more rest for me this weekend.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby yummymummy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:06 pm

too true- if you hadnt been as healthy as you are now you may have been alot sicker-good nutrition has alot to do with how our bodies deal with illness,
HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER SOON!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:50 pm

hey san hope you feel better soon! keep your chin up and you will come out the other end of the weekend feeling better than ever :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Glad that you are feeling better - but I am on the other end of the scale - sore throat, sore eyes and my joints are starting to ache - the dreaded FLU is coming my way :cry: :cry:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:21 pm

eeewww Sandra I know how you feel!! I have been recovering from just about the same thing all week....sinus and upper airway for me though :? it really takes its toll on you doesn't it?? I hope you get plenty of rest over the weekend and you are feeling better soon :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Thanks gals for your kind words and wishes. I am feeling MUCH better, but I know it's going to take a while to fully recover. After just taking the dog for a 15 min walk, showering and hanging out some washing, I had to lay on the couch for 2 hours to recover :lol: Hooray for weekends, eh?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Maraver » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:16 am

Glad you are feeling better there is nothing worse I ham on the way down with it at the moment, I had a runny nose Thursday night by Friday it was dripping and I have dosed myself up with cold and flu but I am sure its on my chest now so off to the emergence doctor to get some Anti-biotics this morning.

When I was younger we could just carry on with the common cold but I do think the strain is getting worse and it takes more out of us all

Stay well everyone
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:24 am

That is how it hit my hubby Pam....he woke up one morning and said he felt a bit off colour with the drippy nose and by the next day he had full blown sinus and a chest infection....it sure is a nasty strain this year....Hope you feel better soon Pam

Glad you are on the mend Sandra!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Maraver » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:35 am

Thanks Ally I am quite chesty too this morning, and feeling guilty about not getting on the treadmill and I was going to get anti- biotics but I think the virus will just run its course
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby milo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:47 am

Oh no you poor thing I know exactly how you feel. I have been off work all week as well, I promised to walk the dog today but I dont have any energy at all still. This flu hits you like a tone of bricks thats for sure.
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Return to Just Chatting