It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Free Newsletter

The bad symptoms of my new healthy way of life!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

The bad symptoms of my new healthy way of life!

Postby Pipsi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm

I have been on this new healthy eating way of life for 6 days now and while I'm finding it okay to actually do, my body is in shock I think! I haven't had any chocolate, lollies, biscuits, minimal coffee, chips, cake, fatty foods, cheese, etc.... It's not detox cos I still am eating decent foods and not just fruit or veg but I guess my body is not used to this....

Here are my 'symptoms' :-

* Breaking out all over my face

* I look and feel soooo tired. Lots of people at work have been commenting at how tired I look.

* Moody and depressed at times. My poor husband has to put up with me!

* Sore throat (not sure if this is due to eating better or if I am getting sick!)

Can anyone else please tell me if they have experience such things when they have first started a healthy eating plan????

I am very positive about this whole thing but having the 'symptoms' I have is getting me down a tad as I should be looking and feeling fabulous!
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Postby yummymummy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:25 pm

My body took a while to adjust to its new way of eating too, hang in their and you will soon reap the rewards of your efforts

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:44 pm

yeah i agree with jody, its just the lifestyle change. you will start to look better soon and feel better for it :)

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:48 pm

You could coincidentally be getting a cold or some other bug at the same time.

Your body is probably used to being fuelled by sugar. I know that can cause mood swings in me.

Are you drinking loads of water? That really helps my complexion.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Ses » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 pm

just make sure you are getting enough iron and b12 - anaemia can give you some of those symptoms.

Postby Pipsi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Hey milkyway!

Yes I am drinking load of water and herbal teas but my skin is worse than ever (and I don't get break outs very often)

Never mind - I will give it another few weeks! Hopefully its just my body getting used to the lack of sugar! I was an absolute sugar fiend before now!!!

Pipsi :)
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Postby reester33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 pm

It's just your body going into detox mode (ie: getting all the toxins out anyway they can). Your tiredness is probably due to a change in your carb intake - energy is formed from sugar and oxygen, however whilst carbs are a READY source of energy, conversion from fat to glucose is a process....your body's probably not use to having to wait for (or make) it's glucose source!

Changes to sugar levels also create insulin level fluctuations which also leads to fluctuating hormone levels....probably why you're moody/ the "feel good" centres in your brain are being deprived of their usual sugar hit (ie: chocolate).

It'll all balance out in the end. Keep at it and keep up the water intake to flush out those toxins!

:) Maree

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:46 pm

UGh yeah I had the pimply skin too :? and the lack of energy...make sure you are drinking lots of water, and take a good quality slow release multivitamin....are you eating enough red meat/leafy vegetables (iron?) If not, maybe try and up that a bit... (or like somebody said see your gp and get him, to check for anaemia ) or like you said you may just be coming down with a cold :?

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Could be sugar withdrawl :? I have done a couple of diets (I did the blackmores 10 day detox, and the kickstart/soup diet) which were abrupt changes to my diet, and I felt sooooo tired. I remember one day I had to go home sick from work, went straight to bed and slept until dinner time!

I think that not being able to eat the foods that you love can make you really cranky as well :wink:

Hang in there. Your body will thank you for it, once it gets used to what is happening!

Return to Just Chatting