It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:38 am

Free Newsletter

The flu

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

The flu

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi all,
Haven't been around causing trouble on the forum due to this stupid flu! :x It doesn't seem to want to go away. I woke up at 4am this morning and it felt like someone put razorblades in my throat. :cry: Does anyone have any idea's on how to tackle this thing without going and buying cough medicines and lollies? I have never actually found these things to work.
Hopefully i will be back in full swing on the forum soon, doing walks/rides for the tour de france (was i the only one who picked great wall of china?) and adding my bit to the other topics.

To all the newbies Welcome!!
To all the others Hello!!!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:44 pm

we will do the great wall next time karin :) sorry to hear you havent been well. i always find taking nurofen every 4 hours and drinking hot drinks helps. my mum swears by lemon and honey in hot water. feel better soon matey.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Aw me too, mate. Just when I thought I was getting better, I've gone downhill again. Really frustrating. I've been taking day night codral tablets which seems to help a bit with the symptoms, but nothing is giving me back my energy levels or helping my foggy brain or dealing with what's wrong with my chest :(

Hope you feel better soon.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ses » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:10 pm

panadol, chicken soup (or garlic soup), lots of water and rest.

cough medicne and lollies do not do anything.........
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:44 pm

Hope you feel better soon Karin and I just love your little critter lifting weights...so cute.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:09 pm

I have always sworn by bed rest and more garlic than you can poke a stick at (it keeps away vampires too you know). AND, there's this disgusting herbal medicine that really works for me (probably cause the germs run away from the taste of the stuff, it really is rotten). It's made by Greenridge and is called "relief" (used to be cold and flu biotic). I usually take it as soon as I feel THAT twinge, a teaspoon a day until I feel the coast is clear. You might need a few mega doses by now though.

for sore throats, salt water gargles do help with the inflammation but taste foul. Iodine gargles can help rid the bugs too. Not a big believer in honey and lemon, but it sure tastes good.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Maraver » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:28 pm

I spent the whole weekend in bed took cold and flu tablets every four hours and I swear it did the trick
Hope you feel better soon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:14 am

Hey Tegan we use the Greenridge Immune Support so if it tastes anything like that one (gives you a shudder as soon as it hits your taste buds) I know what you mean!!

so the relief one works well??? Might have to get that for us next time we start to feel the symptoms...hubbie spent a week on anti-b's and wasn't showing any signs of improvement, so he dragged his sorry behind back to the doctors and was told by the doc he saw that he could not understand why our doc prescribed those anti-b's as they would not help to clear up his condition :roll: :roll: , so I would much rather try alternate therapies at times!!!

Hey Kariann the ladies have already given some pretty good advice...hubbie and I have both had the same thing and here I am 2 weeks later, still getting a sore throat....it flares up for no reason! It is certainly a bad one this year....

Hope you feel better soon matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KarinAnn » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:55 pm

Thanks all for the replies and idea's. I've decided Honey lemon tea, bed rest and to pass it on to someone else. My sisters family passed it on to me and feel better now. So if i pass it on im sure i will feel better :lol: The Greenridge products sound to scary for me!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:44 pm

no harm in sharing with family and friends hey karin :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting