It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Free Newsletter

LOw GI diet helps obese people lose weight

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

LOw GI diet helps obese people lose weight

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 pm

i don't follow it consciously but i kind of do by default. i know my energy levels are affected by how low or high GI the food i eat is so i tend to choose lower GI foods so i don't flip out as much when i get hungry :lol:

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Hey Kate,

Lite n easy is low GI (I checked before I signed up so I could see if it worked) and I have lost a few kgs quite quickly. Low GI is also recommended for PCOS sufferers because it controls blood sugar levels and more importantly the insulin release that increases PCOS symptoms!

I don't feel hungry either, and I haven't been overly exercising to lose the weight (I know that time will come though! :lol: )

Fluctuating insulin levels promote syndrome-X (insulin resistance) and promote fat storage, carb cravings, hormone imbalances, and other symptoms such as acne and oily hair.

Give low GI a go....the only thing you've got to lose is weight!! :lol: And believe me....after struggling to lose even 0.5kg for the last 6 months this is the best and most significant weight loss for me and I've never eaten soooooooo much food in my life! I just wish I'd done it sooner....

:) M

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:49 pm

Yes!! Low GI is fantastic!! I can't touch white breads, pastas etc because they go straight through me. I personally think they're a complete waste of kilojoules and taste disgusting!! Low GI foods like veges including sweet potatoes, yoghurts, fruits, muesli's and oats etc etc are a way of life for me, because I can't stand to be hungry and unless I eat Low GI, I'm ravenous!

Postby Ses » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:11 pm

I also follow lo GI by default. Refined/sugary foods just do not seem to keep the hunger pangs away.

Postby gea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:30 pm

I also follow the low gi principles.

I feel so much better without those high and lows in sugar levels.

Eating low gi does leave you feeling fuller for longer.

Return to Just Chatting