It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

Things you've won

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Things you've won

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:08 pm

I was inspired to create this topic by something Kate wrote earlier on her progress report about winning a pizza making set and a few other prizes through the puzzles in OK magazine.

I think the only prize I've ever won was a book, and it wasn't even a very good book. It was a pretty lousy crime novel and I didn't finish reading it.

Now that I think of it, I won movie tickets once. And another time at the Melbourne Film Festival I won a whole stack of books that were under my chair - like a lucky door prize.

Another time in Year 12 I won a dictionary.

What is it with me and books?

So what about you? What lucky loot have you scored?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:32 pm

uuum when I was about 12 I won 2 passes to the toolangi nature reserve....my mum told me it was like an animal park, so I was all excited, but when we got there, it was just trees and a walking track :shock: I was so disappointed! LOL I won a 'water compilation' cd on the kyle and jackie O show a few years ago, that was really average lol kind of techno dance music...I won it by being the 9th caller....the reason I called was because I thought they said 'warner compilation' cd so I thought it would be like bugs bunny and daffy duck :roll: *sigh* Im a goof! lol Other than that, I dont have much luck with winning things! i played bingo with my nana once and won, so I got a homemade jar of jam and an embroidered tea towel :lol: :D yaaay! hehe
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

LOL

I got to a Fox FM van once a little too late and got some out of date movie discount vouchers :( But one time i was helping a friend with a flat tyre and the Fox FM van stopped (or maybe it was MMM, anyhoo, a radio station van) and gave us free CDs for our trouble. That was kinda nice :) Once we divvied them up, we had about one each. I got some CD single... can't remember what it was, but whenever I hear the song I think of my friends Ant & Jimmy whose car had a flat tyre near my home.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:38 pm

im a big fat loser lol.. i dont think i have ever won anything... nup never
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:00 pm

one day the local radios road crew were in town so we went down there to get the prizes- they had given them to the local kids that were playing at the park! so they had nothing left!

as ive said before i won coasters, a pizza set and 50 dollars. once i wrote into womans day and i also got 50 dollars for that. in year 4 i won a mystery box prize from a competition i entered for fundraising at school. in the box there were minties and a couple of magazines- rubbish really. ive won the fathers day raffle in primary school once which was third prize- think it was shaving foam and a shaving brush thing.

i did a survey online and won a coles voucher. thats about it really. need to win a car or lots of cash :P
kate_turner2000

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:01 pm

I won a double pass to Ken Hill's Phantom of the Opera (not Andrew Lloyd Webber version) through Herald Sun. It was quite good and I LOVE musical theatre!

I was on battle of the sexes once on Fox FM as they were at the local park so I went. I got on there because I had a set of Jenny Craig Videos unopened (I think I bought them at a garage sale)....they then got Brian Mannix to run over them and a heap of other useless stuff with a steam roller! LOL I lost the Battle though....who knows anything about cigars or beer glass sizes?? :shock:

I also won a singing competition at the Myer Music Bowl once. Got a channel 7 show bag which I gave to a friend's son....but the highlight was singing with Raymond J Bartholemeuz!! He's now on Rock Wiz! :lol:

I also had two nights accommodation at a Fraser Island resort, but don't ask me how I got that cos I don't know! :lol:

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:05 pm

lol i remember my 35 year old sister was sooo excited because she had won a holiday online- she actually HADNt i had to explain to her that it was a scam and that she clicked on one of those banners that says 'you have won an instant holiday' she believed it so much that she was already packing! haha and not to mention gave these people her personal details. they rang her up all the time after that.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:13 pm

I won a complete camping set (tent, ruck sack, cooking stuff, light etc) when I was 13 at a Blue Light Disco (still have the tent somewhere in the shed!).

I also won a cooking book through NW magazine - if must have been a good one seeings I cannot remember its title!!!!!!!!!!

Never won Lotto, never had a big win on a Scratchie!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:22 pm

sick! i love blue light discos :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Its so good when you win stuff isnt it! :D Im actually a pretty lucky person, ive won heaps of movies tickets and concert tickets. We've won a few times at lotto, but only small wins! I won a UBD through the RAC, i won a moisturizer through the l'oreal website, but my best prize ever was about 2 years ago. I won the major prize in the sunday times mag, i got 30 cds 2x big day out tickets and my mate and i danced on stage during sonic animation, who i had never heard of before and dont really like now that i have!! :D
But gosh it was good fun!! :D

Gotta be in it win it!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 pm

I used to love going to them - whenever there was one on in my area - I was there. I had my first and only cigarette outside one of these with my buddies - and my first beer!!!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby milo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:53 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:sick! i love blue light discos :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: they were so cool wernt they. I remmeber going dressed in my funky flowered skirt and those tight things...
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:59 pm

hehe yeah the funky stuff we used to wear to blue lights. i used to laugh because the boys would sit on one side of the room and the girls on the other side- i was usually the only one up doing the love shack haha.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:03 pm

OMG - I used to go to blue lights before you were born, Kate! Back in the mid 80s... I remember long black and white stripey socks with white canvas runners, a short white skirt and grandpa T. Actually, that doesn't sound half bad :P (except for the short white skirt part)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:04 pm

hehe the funny thing is that the fashion is coming back in san! lol.

my blue light years were 1997-1999
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Just Chatting